MME vs. Genesis GV60, Cadillac Lyriq

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
I was very keen on the Genesis GV60 (esp. its 800V charging and V2L power supply, physical buttons for infotainment control, augmented reality navigation) until I saw this video tonight.

Disappointed by the GV60's short range (~ 220-250 miles), small cargo space with protruding tire wells, solid C pillar, and awful looking 21-inch wheels.

The Cadillac Lyriq looks great (physical buttons for HVAC & infotainment, 300 mile+ range, SuperCruise, AKG audio) but the launch editions are all sold out and battery reliability seems questionable in light of the recent Chevy Bolt fires.

I read that Hyundai may be pushing up its Ioniq 7 (Palisade class) EV for a 2022 launch. If they can pull off 300+ miles of range with that, I'd be very interested. Unfortunately the current generation of Ioniq 5/EV6/GV60 aren't as competitive as the MME imo. Would also be interested in the Audi Q6 eTron if it's released in 2022.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Interesting vehicle. A few thought

Looks pretty good (better than EV6), but Mach E still better looking.

10 seconds of boost? I want 10 seconds….

Video screens instead of mirrors? Hard pass on that idea. Just something to break, seems super distracting, and unless you have really bad vision, a mirror will be a significantly clearer image.

Face ID and fingerprint id? Kinda cool as long as it works better than an iPhone.

Crystal sphere? Gimmick, but kinda cool. Also afraid it’ll break.

Heads up display- I miss that from my old car.

Different fake engine sounds- cool idea, I wish you could customize more.

They made the frunk under the hood look like an ICE engine? Cool trick but seems small for storage.

Tesla like door handles- no thanks.

0-60 in 4.0? I know that’s the estimate but seems from specs could be faster.

Active noise cancelling- cool.

Overall seems like a nice ride. Tons of features, but I’m happy with the GTPE

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting vehicle. A few thought

Looks pretty good (better than EV6), but Mach E still better looking.

10 seconds of boost? I want 10 seconds….

Video screens instead of mirrors? Hard pass on that idea. Just something to break, seems super distracting, and unless you have really bad vision, a mirror will be a significantly clearer image.

Face ID and fingerprint id? Kinda cool as long as it works better than an iPhone.

Crystal sphere? Gimmick, but kinda cool. Also afraid it’ll break.

Heads up display- I miss that from my old car.

Different fake engine sounds- cool idea, I wish you could customize more.

They made the frunk under the hood look like an ICE engine? Cool trick but seems small for storage.

Tesla like door handles- no thanks.

0-60 in 4.0? I know that’s the estimate but seems from specs could be faster.

Active noise cancelling- cool.

Overall seems like a nice ride. Tons of features, but I’m happy with the GTPE
I think the distal video camera "mirrors" are only available on cars sold in Korea. Otherwise it's regular sideview mirrors for cars sold in the US.

I thought the crystal sphere sounded gimmicky but after seeing the video I think it makes sense! Helps provide a visual cue as to whether the car is turned on.

Agreed on the frunk being too small and NOT liking those door handles at all.

There's a lot to like about the MME. Hoping Lincoln releases its own Mark E soon.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Unfortunately the current generation of Ioniq 5/EV6/GV60 aren't as competitive as the MME imo.
Those are three completely different EVs. Hyundai only partially owns Kia(who decided to make a sports car EV instead of a family sedan). Genesis is about luxury.

Kyle from Out of Spec had fun with the EV6

in Europe you can charge 800V (18min 20-80% charge times) with the large number of Ionity chargers... but this is less common in the US.

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Those are three completely different EVs. Hyundai only partially owns Kia(who decided to make a sports car EV instead of a family sedan). Genesis is about luxury.

Kyle from Out of Spec had fun with the EV6

in Europe you can charge 800V (18min 20-80% charge times) with the large number of Ionity chargers... but this is less common in the US.
I wonder what will be the likelihood of getting 800V charging on the ElectrifyAmerica network? :p

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I wonder what will be the likelihood of getting 800V charging on the ElectrifyAmerica network? :p
I think there are 800V EA stations but they are the 150 kW according to forums. Taycan is 800V and I've seen a few at EA locations...

Ionity in the Europe is the EA-equivalent but all 800V compatible. In Bjorn's videos... I see giant semis charging at 800V at 400-500A. Impressive.
Sponsored