Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I added an Ioniq 5 Limited to the garage (BMW i4 is being sold/traded - great EV but want a higher trim later).

The suspension (35/36 psi - recommend as per door jamb) is definitely more compliant but the 1PD mode is jerky and non-linear. I'd say one of the worst 1PD of the EVs I've owned so I understand why Hyundai added regen paddles to compensate for poor tuning.

The Ioniq 5 is quieter than the Mach-E on the highway and over rough roads (measured using dB level app) so the cabin appears to be better sealed from outside noise. It's not quieter than the BMW i4 nor is the suspension better than the i4. It's difficult to beat the comfort of air suspension.

The audio needs to be upgraded too. The so-called "premium BOSE" is anything but.

This is still a great EV though. I'd say the same about the Mach-E Premium AWD ER. My opinions of the Select and GT/GTPE are different though :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E MME vs Ioniq 5. An owners perspective Photo Mar 16 2023, 2 42 38 PM
Sponsored

OP
OP

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
I added an Ioniq 5 Limited to the garage (BMW i4 is being sold/traded - great EV but want a higher trim later).

The suspension (35/36 psi - recommend as per door jamb) is definitely more compliant but the 1PD mode is jerky and non-linear. I'd say one of the worst 1PD of the EVs I've owned so I understand why Hyundai added regen paddles to compensate for poor tuning.

The Ioniq 5 is quieter than the Mach-E on the highway and over rough roads (measured using dB level app) so the cabin appears to be better sealed from outside noise. It's not quieter than the BMW i4 nor is the suspension better than the i4. It's difficult to beat the comfort of air suspension.

The audio needs to be upgraded too. The so-called "premium BOSE" is anything but.

This is still a great EV though. I'd say the same about the Mach-E Premium AWD ER. My opinions of the Select and GT/GTPE are different though :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E MME vs Ioniq 5. An owners perspective Photo Mar 16 2023, 2 42 38 PM
Very nice. Did you get MSRP?

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Very nice. Did you get MSRP?
Yes!

MSRP. No dealer fee. $7500 off lease. Can buy it out any time and save $6500 compared to purchasing.

Limiteds are unicorns and few Hyundai dealers had any in stock for the past year.

The immediate differences I've noticed: HUD, V2L, motorized sunshade cover, 800V DC charging which I've seen 115+ kW from 50-80% in my first charge. Definitely 30-40 kW more than my Mach-E at the same SoC.
Sponsored