John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I know at least a few of you have an Acura RDX and an MME in your driveway based on other conversations. For those of you with an RDX--especially one of the newest designs (the current American designed and built models--2019, 2020, 2021)--can you tell me how you feel they compare in whatever categories you've noticed/care about? I know the RDX isn't a BEV (or even a hybrid), but I actually really do love my RDX and I'm starting to get cold feet on the MME purchase as my manufacture date comes up. The RDX is a plush car with a nice ride and an excellent sound system, and I know people tend to post more things they're upset about than they love about the MME, but I'm wondering from the other RDX owners how they feel about their MME in comparison.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

B25Nut

First Name
Charlee
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bsi-inc.com
Vehicles
2021 Premium MME 4EX Star White, 2019 Acura RDX,
Occupation
BSI Sales and Technical Manager
Country flag
We love our RDX and feel the MME will be the perfect companion for it. My wife has finally gotten over the fact the Acura doesn't have the Lexus logo on it. The RDX will be our long range vehicle (it averages over 26 mpg hwy) and the Mustang will cover all our other trips when it arrives in August.

Ford Mustang Mach-E MME vs. RDX - Experiences? 1624315930804

OP
OP
JohnnyForensic

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
We love our RDX and feel the MME will be the perfect companion for it. My wife has finally gotten over the fact the Acura doesn't have the Lexus logo on it. The RDX will be our long range vehicle (it averages over 26 mpg hwy) and the Mustang will cover all our other trips when it arrives in August.

Ford Mustang Mach-E MME vs. RDX - Experiences? 1624315930804
Yeah, Iā€™m trying to convince my wife to keep our RDX instead of the minivan, but she loves that damned Odyssey.

4TangledKites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Acura RDX
Country flag
I know at least a few of you have an Acura RDX and an MME in your driveway based on other conversations. For those of you with an RDX--especially one of the newest designs (the current American designed and built models--2019, 2020, 2021)--can you tell me how you feel they compare in whatever categories you've noticed/care about? I know the RDX isn't a BEV (or even a hybrid), but I actually really do love my RDX and I'm starting to get cold feet on the MME purchase as my manufacture date comes up. The RDX is a plush car with a nice ride and an excellent sound system, and I know people tend to post more things they're upset about than they love about the MME, but I'm wondering from the other RDX owners how they feel about their MME in comparison.

Thanks in advance!
We currently have a 2019 RDX, and we previously had a 2016 as well. Prior to getting the Mach E, I did most of my driving in the RDX, and we just completed a 4400 miles trip in the RDX. The RDX always had some things that bothered me, but after getting the Mach E those items are much more pronounced.

Ride
I thought the RDX had a nice sporty ride (and I came to it from a BMW 335i), but now that I drive the Mach E, I feel like the RDX floats like a boat down the road. Steering is okay, but the suspension feels so soft now. Of course the Mach E has stiff and maybe harsh suspension - but I prefer it to the RDX. Steering is also much tighter in the Mach E.

Performance
Of course the electric Mustang has better acceleration, its not even a fair comparison. But the Mach E certainly made me remember how much I think the 2019 RDX has a crappy transmission (rough shifts) and junky 4 cylinder (I miss the V6 in the 2016). The RDX has plenty of pickup, and they do a good job of faking the V6 sound, but the 4 cylinder whine is there for sure. I tolerated it before, now it drives me crazy!

Comfort/Space
I like both, but they are different. My wife swears the seats in the Mach E are much better - I haven't figured out the best adjustment on the Mach E yet (2500 miles in). My kids say the Mach E has more leg room. RDX has more storage space in the rear for sure - but oddly, my kid's cello (hard case) fits better in the Mach E.

Driving Assist Features / Tech
Mach E wins hands down. With all the complaints on this board about tech issues, carplay, PaaK, and such - we forget other cars suck too. The carplay(wired) in my RDX didn't work right for the first 1+ yr. Now its fine. Occassionaly the RDX screen glitches out and needs a reboot. Paak in the MME is glitchy, but I haven't used the FOB or keypad since I first setup Paak. For driver assist, the lane keeping, centering, and adaptive cruise are light years better in the Mach E. Not perfect, but way better than the RDX.

I'd also add, the Mach E interior styling is more similar to the semi-luxury RDX and than it is a typical Ford.

Our RDX is now my wife's commuter car - otherwise we'll only use it on very long trips or when we need the bike rack.

OP
OP
JohnnyForensic

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Thatā€™s exactly what I was looking for, @4TangledKites, thank you. I do really like my 2019 RDX, and Iā€™m good with the transmission, but the turbo lag off the line is what kills me, and Iā€™m not any kind of speed freak. I just hate pushing the pedal and waiting what seems like forever for it to start moving. Once it does, itā€™s quick, but that lag irritates me every time. Clearly this wonā€™t be a problem with the electric motors in the MME. Also glad to hear about the lane keeping/adaptive cruise. I think theyā€™re great in the RDX, so if youā€™re saying theyā€™re that much better in the MME, itā€™s only up from here. Much appreciated!

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I had a 2016 RDX and traded in a 2020 MDX on my MME. Space-wise, I feel like the MME and RDX stack up favorably. I'm 6'6" so every fraction of an inch matters to me. The ride is different and the Mach-E is certainly a little sportier. Some look at that as a positive, but I wish the MME was a little softer.

B25Nut

First Name
Charlee
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bsi-inc.com
Vehicles
2021 Premium MME 4EX Star White, 2019 Acura RDX,
Occupation
BSI Sales and Technical Manager
Country flag
"I just hate pushing the pedal and waiting what seems like forever for it to start moving."

We've found that driving the RDX in Sport mode eliminates 80% of the lag. The mode doesn't seem to affect mpg.

OP
OP
JohnnyForensic

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
"I just hate pushing the pedal and waiting what seems like forever for it to start moving."

We've found that driving the RDX in Sport mode eliminates 80% of the lag. The mode doesn't seem to affect mpg.
Yeah, I use Sport almost entirelyā€”still feels laggy to me, and Sport+ is just too damned loud for my tastes. I have this routine of getting in, turning off Start/Stop, turning on Brake Hold, and making sure Iā€™m in Sport before I go.

I mean, Iā€™m being picky. I actually love the car a LOT which has made me question the MME purchase in light of so many ā€œstranded me by the side of the roadā€ posts, but I read the same about the RDX. I got a late VIN on the RDXā€™s troublesome redesigned model year, and itā€™s been flawless as far as issues have gone (other than still janky CarPlay). Iā€™ll have a similarly high VIN on the MME being built next week, so Iā€™m crossing fingers. Iā€™m glad to see people with RDXs who love their MMEs.
Sponsored