MME will not charge - FordPass message of "Scheduled charging did not begin" and blinking amber charge port ring

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
For about the past week, since I received two updates to the MME within 24 hours of one another, I have been plugging in daily, but have only successfully charged back up to 90% once. Every other time that I have plugged in at home, charging starts and then, within anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour later, it seems to stop charging and then Fordpass kicks me a message that "scheduled charging did not begin" (see screenshot). When I go out to the car to check on it, it is blinking amber lights at the charge port on the vehicle. My Grizzl-e EVSE seems to be working just fine, as I have also used it multiple times in the same period to charge my F-150 Lightning. I have not yet had a chance to try the mobile charger or DC Fast Charging, but I plan to today.

Has anyone encountered this issue?

Ford Mustang Mach-E MME will not charge -  FordPass message of "Scheduled charging did not begin" and blinking amber charge port ring Screenshot_20230603_055000_FordPass
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Your charge port may be overheating. As a troubleshooting step, try reducing the amperage on the charger and see if it still happens.

OP
OP
bellyer

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Your charge port may be overheating. As a troubleshooting step, try reducing the amperage on the charger and see if it still happens.
I will adjust the amperage and see if that helps. Thanks!

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Charge ring issue . mine needed that replaced.

JeffGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ext range
Country flag
I had this happen once about 2 months ago. I took the car to a DC fast charger the next day and that worked fine. The next time I plugged into my home charger (supplied with the MME), it worked again and has since. Can't really tell what the original issue was but it hasn't repeated so I'm not looking for more trouble at this point.

MrRongoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR Red/Blk Onyx
Country flag
I've been getting that sporadically for a long time now, setting charger to 32 amps works 98% of the time and I set the charger to pause for an hour around 2-3am. Waiting on a new part for the charge port to have replaced. That seems to be the cause from past posts. Took my dealer a long time to finally admit it needed a replacement.
Sponsored