A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
He was probably just angry at the aggressive breaking from BlueCruise when someone slower is in front of you.
Sponsored

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Brake checking someone should be grounds for license suspension. There’s nothing as irresponsible or stupid as that one single act, short of DUI. Don’t do it. Just get the hell out of the fast lane or maintain your speed if you insist on staying where you are.

With the advent of PDR and other dash cams I look forward to brake checkers being prosecuted. You are scum if you do this.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Worse is driving on single lane roads. Then when you get to a straight passing lane people go crazy to stay ahead of you and then go slow on the single lane bits just because there’s lots of curves.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Driving has become an exercise in the avoidance of high strung overly angry crazy people with murderous (or) suicidal intent, which has now become quite contagious apparently. It's exhausting.

JasonGT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
spoken like a true slave to speed, why not just obey traffic laws so we all get to our destination in piece not peices
Are you some kind of narcissist?

You move over to faster traffic in the left-hand lane. It's not very complicated. Just because you're going over the speed limit doesn't mean you still don't have to move over to faster traffic coming up behind you. That's the safest thing to do, is it not? How is break-checking safer? You have some entitlement issues if you think that you're too good to move over.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Driving has become an exercise in the avoidance of high strung overly angry crazy people with murderous (or) suicidal intent, which has now become quite contagious apparently. It's exhausting.
You’ve seen the golf course I go to?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Time for some more popcorn!

AndrewY

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Going 70 in 55 mph zone when I got a car stuck to my back bumper flashing high beams at me. So close that I could not tell what it was. Tapping brakes had no effect.
In my previous two cars, I added an extra switch to my dashboard to turn on the break lights, for exactly this reason -- lets me indicate that I'm slowing down, but with less risk of actually getting rear-ended. I never did this in my current car (Prius) because I wasn't sure if/how the electrical switch triggering the break lights might interact with the regenerative breaking. I'd have a similar question about the MME. It's an incredibly useful feature to have -- like a remote control for the breaks on the car behind me.

• Wow
Reactions: ARK

Cuddlecool

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Professional education
Country flag
On US 50 this AM in Annapolis. Going 70 in 55 mph zone when I got a car stuck to my back bumper flashing high beams at me. So close that I could not tell what it was. Tapping brakes had no effect . When I was about to pull over the middle lane they passed me on the right and gave me the finger as they sped off. I could then see that it was a MME.
I believe the word you were looking for is "asshole." The word "idiot" is too kind.

Also, don't brake check.

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It depends on how quickly you are passing the cars on the right. If you are inching past them, you are basically going the same speed and should move over to let faster moving traffic pass. If you are flying by them, then it won't take long to pass and then you can move over when there is a gap.

Most people will wait for you to pass cars on the right if you are moving quickly by them. If you are not, then you really are the problem, not the people behind you.
Tell that to all the semis taking 5 minutes to pass another semi when there are only 2 lanes in each direction

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
In my previous two cars, I added an extra switch to my dashboard to turn on the break lights, for exactly this reason -- lets me indicate that I'm slowing down, but with less risk of actually getting rear-ended. I never did this in my current car (Prius) because I wasn't sure if/how the electrical switch triggering the break lights might interact with the regenerative breaking. I'd have a similar question about the MME. It's an incredibly useful feature to have -- like a remote control for the breaks on the car behind me.
Crying wolf with brake lights?

That sounds like a horrible thing to have to explain to your insurance company or a police officer.

Reactions: ARK

Caliroute1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
Well I drive like a maniac. I certainly don't tail gate and flash my lights though... You will see me however in a clear path go gadget go.... HOWEVER recently noticed that here in FL they seem to have adopted the Phoenix method of driving. Ignore the speed limit sign and drive the temperature.....

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Crying wolf with brake lights?

That sounds like a horrible thing to have to explain to your insurance company or a police officer.
Exactly, that's totally insane to me, why desensitize the person behind you to your brake lights - for what?

I totally understand how some people are obnoxious with tailgating - my favorite is when I am on a one lane in each direction road, tied to a group of cars stuck behind some slow poke three cars in front of me, and some guy is aggressively tailgating me like I can do anything about it - but any type of brake checking just escalates things and makes it more dangerous for both involved.

JamesStew71

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e
Occupation
auto tech
Country flag
Are you some kind of narcissist?

You move over to faster traffic in the left-hand lane. It's not very complicated. Just because you're going over the speed limit doesn't mean you still don't have to move over to faster traffic coming up behind you. That's the safest thing to do, is it not? How is break-checking safer? You have some entitlement issues if you think that you're too good to move over.
I did not say to brake check, leave early , plan. If you want to race find a track
Sponsored