Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
The Tesla looks especially bad from that angle šŸŸ

I donā€™t understand why they wouldnā€™t include autopilot for the Teslas, thatā€™s a direct comparison and pushes the price of the Tesla into a very similar range to the Mach-E. Also they have done their own internal range test and found the Teslas range to be equal to the Mach-e but say itā€™s better in this article. Very biased for no apparent reasonā€¦

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
More bang for the buck? Uh, did the article even mention the tax incentive with the Model Y LR? The real price difference is more like $15k in that comparison, and the Model Y unquestionably provides more bang for the buck. There are obviously many more subjective factors to compare, but going by the specs it would be hard to make the MME look like better bang for the buck.

On the other hand, the article also compares range based only on published specs (giving the nod to Tesla). In the real world, the Y LR is virtually identical to the MME Premium AWD ER in range.

ToddH

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E RWD X Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a 2021 Premium LR RWD MME which I got 3/3/21. I didn't do an actual range test where I ran the battery down to zero but I did take it on a 334 mile round trip one day drive last February in CA. I charged the battery to 100% the night before and decided to see if I could do the trip without charging. It was mostly freeway between San Jose and Lincoln and back. I drove the speed limit which was almost entirely 65. I returned with 12% left in the battery. I did run into one traffic jam that caused speeds to drop to an average of about 25 MPH for about 10 miles. The route is mostly flat but does have one big climb over the Sunol grade on HWY 680. I've had similar results driving north on HWY 1 to the Point Arena area. The EPA estimate when I bought it was 300 miles. I can still get about the same range for the same trip even with a little over 31k miles on the car. Not sure what an MY can do but since I don't drive on icy roads, I seldom would have a need for AWD. I'm pretty happy with my range. When I need it, the range is there. BTW, I've driven it from SJ to San Diego to eastern TN and back without problems. I had the choice of an MY but am more than happy with my MME.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
The Tesla looks especially bad from that angle šŸŸ

I donā€™t understand why they wouldnā€™t include autopilot for the Teslas, thatā€™s a direct comparison and pushes the price of the Tesla into a very similar range to the Mach-E. Also they have done their own internal range test and found the Teslas range to be equal to the Mach-e but say itā€™s better in this article. Very biased for no apparent reasonā€¦
They do include autopilot as standard. They don't include FSD which is much more advance. Base autopilot is similar to BC.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
They do include autopilot as standard. They don't include FSD which is much more advance. Base autopilot is similar to BC.
Enhanced autopilot is equivalent to blue cruise - see feature list and +$6k cost below. Mach-E is only missing summon feature, which I hear is more of a gimmick than anything, but cool for sure. Standard autopilot is just hands on lane centering and ACC.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Model Y vs Mach-E (after price drops) -- value comparison by Motortrend 248FFC56-961C-4D49-97C0-7D377910DBAC

Tbird

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag
This past week I rented a Model 3 for 4 days. Here are my notes on comparison. These are just my thoughts as I drove the Model 3

Tesla model 3

Good mileage 4-5 m/kwh in Model 3

No key fob, no kick to open trunk, No door pillar codes for entry

Large screen updates quickly. Design and interface far superior to MME info screen(more complete charge info available, more trips monitored with better info,screen is crisp and clear, better gestures and flow of information)

Poor visibility out the back window. Hard to judge curbs side and front distance due to visability

360Ā° camera for parking no side lines

Rattles inside car

Auto steer driving must be restarted at each stop light

Cost of auto steer and Full Self driving options adds $15000

1/3 of screen devoted to speed and lane change info

1 pedal drive can not be turned off

mobile charger is $250 option and only 120 v plug is included

Windshield and side windows are single pane thus more traffic and driving noise than MME

Rattles inside drives me crazy (Did I say that already)

Fairly harsh ride even on smooth city streets

Model 3 seat materials seems more rugged than MME materials

Door handles are very awkward on Tesla

Tesla tried to be too smart. Turns on HVAC when you get near it, leaves interior recirc fan on even if you are not around, no way to turn off electronics when remaining in car after stopped and parked,

Looks and styling are in the eye of the beholder

I will keep my MME Thank you very much.
Sponsored