Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E CA Route 1
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I am starting to push those buttons as of tonight. I'm poking Mike Levine on Twitter, and if I don't have good news from the dealer by noon tomorrow I'm going nuclear with all the contact info I can dig up for people with an office in Dearborn
I'll be honest, public Twitter for me is something I'd rather not do... I like some privacy online (whatever is left anyway) ?

She's breathing! They put in the new TCU and programmed it this morning and FordPass authorized!

Now to see if DCFC works.....
That's great to hear! Just curious, do you know if the PaaK is working as well? Hopefully DCFC comes online for you.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I'll be honest, public Twitter for me is something I'd rather not do... I like some privacy online (whatever is left anyway) ?

That's great to hear! Just curious, do you know if the PaaK is working as well? Hopefully DCFC comes online for you.
The FordPass app was giving me the option to enable Phone-as-a-Key, but I wasn't at the dealership when it all sprung to life and they've since done a reset on Sync so I'm disconnected again so I'm not sure. I'll be testing it out when I am actually physically at the car. I hope the delay between them getting connectivity going this morning at 10:30 and now is them testing out DCFC

pixelshiker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
The FordPass app was giving me the option to enable Phone-as-a-Key, but I wasn't at the dealership when it all sprung to life and they've since done a reset on Sync so I'm disconnected again so I'm not sure. I'll be testing it out when I am actually physically at the car. I hope the delay between them getting connectivity going this morning at 10:30 and now is them testing out DCFC
Finger crossed for it being all resolved!

OP
OP

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Update: PaaK is not working properly per the scan tool they hooked up to the car, some of the parameters aren't right. They're still re-assembling the car and will drive over to the DCFC station a few blocks from the dealership and test when they can

I need the car for a one-day road trip on Sunday, so if the DCFC checks out I'll take the car back. They have submitted their findings on the PaaK issue to Ford and are waiting to hear back. They expect to have it back together and assuming DCFC checks out ok, back to me by the end of the day

OP
OP

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Okay, probably final update until next week:

I have the car back. It charges at the Electrify America station near the dealership. The service tech met me there, he said not only had he replaced the TCU but he re-flashed "several" modules related to charging

I was able to activate PaaK, even though he couldn't

Only issue is that the SiriusXM module appears to not be responding at all, it was working before I took it in. That is minor--I have my phone. Everything else seems to be working

Have to give my dealer kudos, they did as much as they could to get it back to me by the weekend, all my complaints are on the Ford side of things. I'll have a trip report on Monday, as I have a 300 mile round trip road trip coming up on Sunday

ROBOHOBO

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e, '66 coupe
Country flag

I have the car back. It charges at the Electrify America station near the dealership. The service tech met me there, he said not only had he replaced the TCU but he re-flashed "several" modules related to charging

Only issue is that the SiriusXM module appears to not be responding at all, it was working before I took it in. That is minor--I have my phone. Everything else seems to be working

Have to give my dealer kudos, they did as much as they could to get it back to me by the weekend, all my complaints are on the Ford side of things. I'll have a trip report on Monday, as I have a 300 mile round trip road trip coming up on Sunday
Fantastic. I hope you told the tech to try reinstalling the app on his phone. Enjoy your trip.

Out of curiosity: before the fix, were you able to test if the issue with DCFC was isolated to Plug & Charge or all fast charging? (i.e., could you charge at EA if you pulled out your phone / credit card?) We don't have any fast chargers in AK yet, so I have no way to test.

Waiting for my service center to call back to make sure they have a spare TCU on hand when my new roof arrives. I don't think they've even gotten as far as flashing the modules, but now that a fix is known I'll be pushing for it.

OP
OP

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Out of curiosity: before the fix, were you able to test if the issue with DCFC was isolated to Plug & Charge or all fast charging? (i.e., could you charge at EA if you pulled out your phone / credit card?) We don't have any fast chargers in AK yet, so I have no way to test.
It was all fast charging, it was not isolated to a plug & charge failure. I tried both EA stations and an EVgo station, which does not support Plug & Charge, and the EA station would not negotiate with the car enough to even get to the point I could activate with a credit card and the EVgo station made the car throw a fault and check engine light on the display in the dash. Today, I was able to activate the EA station with a credit card

I just activated P&C so on the way to dinner tonight I will be stopping and testing that out as well

pixelshiker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag

Awesome news! Really appreciate the update here, useful to know. Hopefully P&C works as I'm sure you'll be able to breath a sigh of relief.

OP
OP

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Put some miles on tonight so I could get below 80% SoC

The EVgo charger that was causing the car to throw errors now charges successfully

Plug & Charge is NOT working, so I still need to investigate that. I am getting some random charge failures on EA stations but I think it's related to P&C not working. If I disconnect, let the charger reset, and plug back in I am at least able to charge with my EA account. I tested on two different Atlanta area locations and got the same outcome

PaaK is working on my phone, but trying to set it up on my girlfriend's phone PaaK fails. We didn't spend a lot of time on it so we'll see later how that goes

When I first got the car back SiriusXM wasn't working, it was like the SXM module was dead. It wouldn't give me a radio ID or anything. Power cycling the car restored SXM and so far it looks like there are no broken features other than the general bugginess that everyone sees

Tmarch

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium X
Occupation
Engagement Manager
Country flag
This is the same set of issues I'm having on my car. My dealer ordered a TCU a few weeks ago, but still haven't received it yet. I hope that'll fix my issue too.

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
This is the same set of issues I'm having on my car. My dealer ordered a TCU a few weeks ago, but still haven't received it yet. I hope that'll fix my issue too.
Did they get you taken care of? It's not clear specifically what your issues are. Have you been driving the car around?

Tmarch

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engagement Manager
Country flag
Not fixed yet, but I got a call today from the guides. They said a few hundred vehicles left the factory without the modems being activated, and mine was one of them. They said to make an appt with the dealer, the call the guides back with the appt info. When the car gets to the dealer, they connect with the engineers and theyll walk the dealer through turning the modem on. They said it should only take 30 minutes or so.

I’ll set an appt in the morning and keep this thread posted.

Tmarch

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engagement Manager
Country flag
Did they get you taken care of? It's not clear specifically what your issues are. Have you been driving the car around?
Sorry, see my previous posted to this one for an update. I’ve been driving it around without issue, and it’s been great!

Tmarch

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engagement Manager
Country flag
Not fixed yet, but I got a call today from the guides. They said a few hundred vehicles left the factory without the modems being activated, and mine was one of them. They said to make an appt with the dealer, the call the guides back with the appt info. When the car gets to the dealer, they connect with the engineers and theyll walk the dealer through turning the modem on. They said it should only take 30 minutes or so.

I’ll set an appt in the morning and keep this thread posted.
Ok, last post on my issue, since this has been fixed (after 2 months). My car was part of a group of cars that left the factory with modems not being activated, but my car had a bad modem in it, and the factory knew it. In Ford's rush to get things out, they sent vehicles out with known issues (not the first time any automaker has done that). But, the guides did give my dealer new part numbers to order the TCU with (the ones listed in the original dealer listing are wrong). The TCU can in yesterday, and this morning I picked up a working car. Need to test out PaaK still some more, but I can see everything on the phone, my wireless Apple Carplay works, everything.

It did take some time, and I knew this wouldn't be an easy process, but that's the risk you get with getting a brand new release.
Sponsored