Modification to prevent loss of the clips that hold the three panels in the "frunk".

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Anyone find this part from outside of the overpriced Ford parts bins yet? I was looking around, but it seems that just the Mach-E and the "fleetside" version of the F-150 use this particular panel retainer clip.

I'm thinking of using velcro tape instead.

Here is what the official cowl side panel retainer clip looks like (photo is from someone's post in another thread):

20210505 quarter trim panel plastic clips.jpg

Here's the closest I've found on Amazon so far, but it definitely isn't the right shape:

1645681696699.png
Check with tascaparts.com to see what shipping those things would cost. Usually cheaper than Ford for OEM parts.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Probably easier to just use a hot glue gun

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Check with tascaparts.com to see what shipping those things would cost. Usually cheaper than Ford for OEM parts.
I bought (3) packs of 4 from them, they shipped me one pack of 4 and when I contacted them they told me it only sold in singles. So they charged me $6.60 for (4) which is 1 pack. Now they are refusing to ship out the 2 other packs of 4. Avoid tascaparts.com (Tasca Parts) at all cost!!!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I bought (3) packs of 4 from them, they shipped me one pack of 4 and when I contacted them they told me it only sold in singles. So they charged me $6.60 for (4) which is 1 pack. Now they are refusing to ship out the 2 other packs of 4. Avoid tascaparts.com (Tasca Parts) at all cost!!!
That’s too bad. Fortunately there are other sources.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Pulled my trim panels off today to connect the battery tender, lost one of the expensive plastic clips then noticed that the dealer service must have broken the two clips that are attached to the top center panel when they reassembled after some updates (the ones that have a metal clip attached.) I suppose I should attempt to get the dealer to pay for a new one ($114) when I take it in for the HVBJB service, although it didn't appear to be too loose, and they will blame me for it I'm sure.

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Any issue with just using Velcro to put the frunk pieces back in place? It isn’t structural at all.
Sponsored