Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Loaded my 2 month free FORSCan key and just got in a half hour or so exploring (newbie level). FORScan connects easily and every time to MME with Mongoose, I see no compatibility issues so far, with either FDRS or FORScan. I do not yet see how to view the module code in FORScan, either addresses and data fields in hex, nor english and decimal configuration settings. The module list looks incomplete compared to FDRS.

Not sure if any of this even needed the extended license key, I think the extended license key is more for PATS and programming. It's $20 for 3 years, so if FORScan turns out to be useful for MME it's kind of a no brainer.

Here is a sample look at a "Dashboard" look at L2 charging (47A) on the SOBDM module:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mongoose®-Plus Ford2 and FORScan Screenshot (19)

Same as above using the "Table" view:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mongoose®-Plus Ford2 and FORScan Screenshot (20)

Table view of the DCDC converter module:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mongoose®-Plus Ford2 and FORScan Screenshot (21)

Oscilloscope view, bump in current caused by turning on then off both defroster buttons:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mongoose®-Plus Ford2 and FORScan Screenshot (23)

Last edited:

Scrannel

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport Diesel. Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Screenwriter
Country flag
Funny, I used to have a 1969 Mangusta -- Mongoose in English -- because it was a Cobra killer. Weird name for a Mustang product.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Funny, I used to have a 1969 Mangusta -- Mongoose in English -- because it was a Cobra killer. Weird name for a Mustang product.
It‘s not a Mustang product. It’s a product that can be used with a lot of cars.

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME AWD EXT, 2013 Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
Just my $0.02 (which really should be $0.03 by now with inflation), I would not recommend using FORscan to update your modules.

As someone in here has previously stated, you better have a tight-as-hell sphincter to be updating modules at home (I'm paraphrasing a bit).

Attempting to update a module, without first meeting all of the pre-reqs, can cause a number of issues to your vehicle that would, most likely, not be covered by warranty.

However, if you still want to take that leap and attempt to update your modules -- you will need to ask FORscan for the version that allows for module upgrades as the ability has been removed from the downloadable version.

Good Luck

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Extended license is just for changing as built data. That would be in the programming tab in FORScan. That is safe to do you can always put that back to OEM easily by pulling it from ETIS.

FORScan does not fully support the MME still. They have told me it isn't a priority.

As someone in here has previously stated, you better have a tight-as-hell sphincter to be updating modules at home (I'm paraphrasing a bit).
While I agree I do not recommend updating modules with FORScan, OP has a device that works with FDRS so he can update modules by purchasing a $50 2 day subscription. That is the safer way to do it as it does everything for you properly.

However the one good thing to note is even if you "brick" a module they're easy to unbrick. Simply flash software on them again. They design is very robust so it is nearly impossible to do any actual damage that is irreversible without module replacement.

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME AWD EXT, 2013 Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
Also, quite important to have some type of stable power supply unit.

Nothing like a failed module update due to failed 12V battery.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I recently started diving into forscan using my mongoose plus. But I recently discovered that MS CAN modules are not accessible to FORscan using the mongoose. I know that it can access these modules, given that FDRS does so with no issues.

I've tried messing around with settings to no avail. Has anyone had luck with FORscan+mongoose?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I recently started diving into forscan using my mongoose plus. But I recently discovered that MS CAN modules are not accessible to FORscan using the mongoose. I know that it can access these modules, given that FDRS does so with no issues.

I've tried messing around with settings to no avail. Has anyone had luck with FORscan+mongoose?
All I’ve done with FORScan and the Mongoose was turn off the double honk and the auto-lock. Not sure what bus those are on though.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
All I’ve done with FORScan and the Mongoose was turn off the double honk and the auto-lock. Not sure what bus those are on though.
This list of modules is what's supposed to come up in FORScan. But with the Mongoose I only get the modules under CANFD and HSCAN. Nothing else. Any other Mongoose owners notice this, or have a work around? No combination of settings in FORScan seems to change anything

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mongoose®-Plus Ford2 and FORScan Modules

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

MS CAN is on a different set of pins in the DLC, the Mongoose probably doesn't have those connected. You need something like an OBDLink MX+ that can access both. In the old days we used to modify adapters and add a switch to change the pins over from HS to MS CAN.

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
MS CAN is on a different set of pins in the DLC, the Mongoose probably doesn't have those connected. You need something like an OBDLink MX+ that can access both. In the old days we used to modify adapters and add a switch to change the pins over from HS to MS CAN.

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4
Right... I had the same thought, as I've got an elm adapter that I did that very modification on.

But I'm able to access all of those modules with the mongoose on FDRS, no problem. So wouldn't that mean the mongoose does have those pins connected? Or does FDRS use a different method to get ms can?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Right... I had the same thought, as I've got an elm adapter that I did that very modification on.

But I'm able to access all of those modules with the mongoose on FDRS, no problem. So wouldn't that mean the mongoose does have those pins connected? Or does FDRS use a different method to get ms can?
Did you ever figure this out or resign to a different cable for FORScan?
Sponsored