First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Country flag
I hate to hear this.
Last week we took my new MME GT for PPF/ceramic/window tint. As we were picking it up I received the same message (at the time, less than 400 miles on it). Nothing since, but I’m on pins & needles taking the thing anywhere by myself ?

MachEGTPilot

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350 DRW, 2020 Escape Hybrid, 2021 MachE GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hate to hear this.
Last week we took my new MME GT for PPF/ceramic/window tint. As we were picking it up I received the same message (at the time, less than 400 miles on it). Nothing since, but I’m on pins & needles taking the thing anywhere by myself ?
The detailer probably opened and shut the doors, rear hatch and frunk a hundred times killing the 12v battery.... It'll be fine after you drive it a while.....

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I hate to hear this.
Its very common to get this while you're car is getting worked on. They are working with the doors open for long periods of time with the lights on which likely trips the power saving feature of the car. Both times I had my cars in for PPF and Ceramic coating, I got this notice because the doors are open all day.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

Sail04

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Country flag
Its very common to get this while you're car is getting worked on. They are working with the doors open for long periods of time with the lights on which likely trips the power saving feature of the car. Both times I had my cars in for PPF and Ceramic coating, I got this notice because the doors are open all day.
I’m feeling some relief reading this. May relieve (some of) my paranoia. Thank you ??

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I’m feeling some relief reading this. May relieve (some of) my paranoia. Thank you ??
There is another thread about the 12v battery, and there is multiple people that have had the notification while getting PPF/Ceramic/Tinting done.

OP
OP
dliunatic

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
I actually got my car back last Friday (after getting a 12V battery replacement) and got that message today...

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I actually got my car back last Friday (after getting a 12V battery replacement) and got that message today...
If you're not getting any errors or notices in the car, I'd say you're OK. The car absolutely freaks out with tons of errors if the 12v is actually low.

Do you have any accessories or anything plugged in inside the car that might be pulling power higher than the car is expecting?

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
Leave the car on or drive it for at least 2-3 hours to give the 12v a good charge. The car shuts off after 30 mins but there is a setting for it in the menu.

OP
OP
dliunatic

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
If you're not getting any errors or notices in the car, I'd say you're OK. The car absolutely freaks out with tons of errors if the 12v is actually low.

Do you have any accessories or anything plugged in inside the car that might be pulling power higher than the car is expecting?
Nope, no accessories plugged in.

Leave the car on or drive it for at least 2-3 hours to give the 12v a good charge. The car shuts off after 30 mins but there is a setting for it in the menu.
Shouldn't it have been fully charged once they installed the new 12v last week? I did some driving this week but not a continuous 2-3 hours... Maybe was that much over the course of the whole weekend.

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
Nope, no accessories plugged in.

Shouldn't it have been fully charged once they installed the new 12v last week? I did some driving this week but not a continuous 2-3 hours... Maybe was that much over the course of the whole weekend.
Based on the fact they did not connect an external supply for the updates, you cannot assume they fully charged the new battery.

There is also the possibility that BMS or the DC converter (i.e. 12v charging hardware) is bad in your car and the 12v battery is not properly charged. In that case the dealer has misdiagnosed the problem.
Good luck. It is unfortunate that corporate Ford has not fully fixed the 12v issues yet and that it takes weeks to have a small battery replaced.
Sponsored