Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Awww man, this is terrible news because I realized they built a new EA station at woodbury commons just outside of NYC. It would be the perfect spot to charge midway while heading upstate on longer drives.

I have been waiting for the, what looks to me, finished station to just get power turned on. Its been like 2 months and I thought it would turn on any day now.

Now i'm realizing this is a systemic problem they have across the board and not just isolated to this one spot. I guess who knows how long the wait will be.
We’ve got one in Prebble NY. Half way between Syracuse and Binghamton on I81. A wonderful location for those of us moving around NY. Stations have been installed for almost a year now. No idea if they’ll ever be turned on.
Sponsored

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Ford should buy them out or something. I honestly don’t know why Ford doesn’t just do it’s own CCS network like Tesla, maybe throw in some perks for Ford owners like cheaper rates or being able to reserve a charger
The problem is there's no money in it. Tesla has a network to sell cars.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ford should buy them out or something. I honestly don’t know why Ford doesn’t just do it’s own CCS network like Tesla, maybe throw in some perks for Ford owners like cheaper rates or being able to reserve a charger
I have to ask - what expertise do you think that Ford has that would translate over to running a charging network spread across nearly every state, and Canada, at locations that mostly have no personnel onsite (some are at gas stations) with subcontracted service technicians and the need to monitor the equipment 24/7?

If Ford bought EA, the shareholders should throw out the management team.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I have to ask - what expertise do you think that Ford has that would translate over to running a charging network spread across nearly every state, and Canada, at locations that mostly have no personnel onsite (some are at gas stations) with subcontracted service technicians and the need to monitor the equipment 24/7?

If Ford bought EA, the shareholders should throw out the management team.
Ford is a big enough company that they can buy the expertise like they did with buying talent from Apple and Tesla

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ford is a big enough company that they can buy the expertise like they did with buying talent from Apple and Tesla
It would be a really stupid move IMO.

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
As of right now, in my opinion, EA is the best and most reliable network out there (not named Tesla) so this is a win.

At this point, if out of town, I don't rely on any other chargers.
On my recent mainly interstate route from KC to FL I found the EA sites at Walmarts to be very reliable. I would just navigate to the next appropriately located Walmart with good PlugShare reviews.

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
I guess this is one advantage of living in flyover country - I've only waited twice at an EA in the past 19 months of EV ownership 🤣🤣. And I don't even have at-home charging...
Ditto to the flyover country. I only had to wait a couple minutes one time. I do have at-home charging, though.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Is that station at “the walk at highwoods preserve”

I have used that a couple of time but very early in the morning to avoid any congestion
Yep at Walk at Highwoods. I only use it when I’m coming back from Jax, but that’s typically on a Sunday afternoon. Now that EvGo has opened a station off of 75 in Brandon, that station will most likely be my stop if I need a refill. But I still have some of the free Kwhs so I’ll continue to use the EA station.

EV OLVE

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 Platinum, 2020 Fusion Titanium
Occupation
Live Production
Country flag
Flushing toilets at 2qm is a bonus, Walmart no longer has that option at most of its stores

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Yep at Walk at Highwoods. I only use it when I’m coming back from Jax, but that’s typically on a Sunday afternoon. Now that EvGo has opened a station off of 75 in Brandon, that station will most likely be my stop if I need a refill. But I still have some of the free Kwhs so I’ll continue to use the EA station.
I must be in a sweet spot where I've never needed to use these chargers when traveling across the state back to St. Petersburg.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
This was the SuperCharger line at the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo California (Sort of). The picture is taken looking towards the out of view station, which is past the restaurant and at the far end of the parking lot. It’s on a busy day when parents were picking up kids at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo. Expect something like that.
1675141707049.jpeg
This happened when I-5 was closed down and all traffic headed north was coming up the 101 which is where San Luis Obispo and this shot was taken. Since then Tesla has added 2 more multi spot charging stations in the area.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
This happened when I-5 was closed down and all traffic headed north was coming up the 101 which is where San Luis Obispo and this shot was taken. Since then Tesla has added 2 more multi spot charging stations in the area.
This one was actually just prior to the Thanksgiving school break. Loads of kids to pick up at CalPoly. At the time, there were fewer SuperChargers along the SJC - SBA 101 corridor.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I must be in a sweet spot where I've never needed to use these chargers when traveling across the state back to St. Petersburg.
When I'm coming back from Jax, I typically don't have to stop at the EA in, but I do from time to time to checkout the station.
Sponsored