First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Oh interesting, I'm gonna go check that one out on Plugshare now
Definitely do that. It’s wild!! The location is good…right next to the Chipotle across from the Men’s Wearhouse.
Sponsored

FrankieG889D

First Name
Francesco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang GT Mach E
Country flag
5 years… big whoop.

These shouldn’t take 5 years.

The next two years are going to be tough if your only charging source is relying on these companies.

FrankieG889D

First Name
Francesco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang GT Mach E
Country flag
AND… The problem with the lines starts with the free charging. “We” only got 250 kWh, but others have free charging for X amount of years.

There needs to be some signage that points out charging etiquette, and they need to increase idling fees, by a lot.

I’d argue that cost per kWh should increase after you are charging passed 80% too, lol.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
5 years… big whoop.

These shouldn’t take 5 years.

The next two years are going to be tough if your only charging source is relying on these companies.
Silver lining….maybe by the time EA gets around to building these stations, they’ll have their act together in regards to a good customer experience. So maybe 5 years is what they need to get their stuff together.

FrankieG889D

First Name
Francesco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang GT Mach E
Country flag
Silver lining….maybe by the time EA gets around to building these stations, they’ll have their act together in regards to a good customer experience. So maybe 5 years is what they need to get their stuff together.
I’m not holding my breath.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
AND… The problem with the lines starts with the free charging. “We” only got 250 kWh, but others have free charging for X amount of years.

There needs to be some signage that points out charging etiquette, and they need to increase idling fees, by a lot.

I’d argue that cost per kWh should increase after you are charging passed 80% too, lol.
Agree with you. It’s the ID4 owners that get the free charging for X number of years. And they’re the ones that I typically see going to 100%.

Kyle Conner on one of the recent Inside EVs podcast or one of his recent YouTube videos, said that he asked a ID4 owner he encountered while at an EA station why he was charging to 100%. The ID4 owner said that he wanted to get all of the kilowatts he could bc he has free charging. I just started laughing when I heard that.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Agree with you. It’s the ID4 owners that get the free charging for X number of years. And they’re the ones that I typically see going to 100%.

Kyle Conner on one of the recent Inside EVs podcast or one of his recent YouTube videos, said that he asked a ID4 owner he encountered while at an EA station why he was charging to 100%. The ID4 owner said that he wanted to get all of the kilowatts he could bc he has free charging. I just started laughing when I heard that.
Ioniq 5 owners too

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Ioniq 5 owners too
I love the Ionic 5 owners. Every single one of them that I’ve encounters at EvGo or EA, are like, ‘Yeah I just need the machine to give me the 350kw I’m supposed to get’. And when they only get 220kw, they’re like ‘Arrgh, why isn’t this machine giving me 350’.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I love the Ionic 5 owners. Every single one of them that I’ve encounters at EvGo or EA, are like, ‘Yeah I just need the machine to give me the 350kw I’m supposed to get’. And when they only get 220kw, they’re like ‘Arrgh, why isn’t this machine giving me 350’.
The most recent complaint on the Bushnell charger is that they were only getting 115kw lol. Like wow, have some perspective, at least you're charging above 100 and you'll still get done fairly quickly

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The most recent complaint on the Bushnell charger is that they were only getting 115kw lol. Like wow, have some perspective, at least you're charging above 100 and you'll still get done fairly quickly
Haha 😂. I love it! They ought try living in our world where getting 115kw is our version of them getting 350kw. I still laugh to myself thinking about the Ionic 5 couple that was at the EA station in Jax in Dec when I was there. So they pull in and I had just plugged into my dispenser. There was one dispenser open next to me, but they were waiting for a guy in the Rivian R1T to finish bc he was on the 350. The couple looked my direction and I said there’s an open one here, and they smiled and said ‘We need that 350’. I started laughing to myself. And then when they did plug into the 350, they were awww man, we’re not getting 350.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag

This would be less of a problem if the chargers where in useful spots. Yes apartment dwellers and those that only have off street parking and no way to charge at home benefit from chargers, but the general idea behind fast charging is for those that are road tripping stickling most of the chargers in Walmart carparks is of little use.

My nearest EA station is tucked away in a Walmart the opposite end of town to me so it is not an area I normally need to visit but have done on occasion when needing to go to one of the other shops in the same area, each time I have checked out the chargers as it is easier to drive through the Walmart carpark and each time with it being a weekend they are full of VW and Hyundai's with their owners sitting inside face glued to the phone as they sit there topping up for the week using the free charge.

I feel for anyone that is actually on the nearby freeway and comes off thinking they can get a charge and be on there way again in a timely manor. Stick charge station along major routes in between towns or just far enough on the outskirts where it is inconvenient for locals and the situation would improve.

EVandSolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV, Tesla M3, Ioniq PHEV(daughter)
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
Kia and Hyundai can't charge fast in winter because they cannot precondition battery, and a cold battery won't accept full charge rate. I think the most recent brand new Ioniq5/EV6 may be able to, and they might be working on an update so that more of them can precondition.

Reactions: SWO

astronut325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium, Toyota Camry, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software analyst
Country flag
I wholeheartedly welcome this but I just don’t trust EA. And the fact that this will take 5 years is… insultingly bad.

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
I will file this under wait and see as It would also be nice if they would actually finished what they started in a reasonable time frame before thinking abut adding even more to the coming soon list.

Take the EA station at Primm on the i15 it is in a very useful location. The charger stations are in place and have been for coming up on a year yet still no activation date in sight. By the time they get around to getting a transformer hooked up to them the units will be out of date and need replacing.

I am all for expansion but if it takes them years to bring a station online we will have 800 mile range EVs before they finish at this rate so will have little use for them.

Awww man, this is terrible news because I realized they built a new EA station at woodbury commons just outside of NYC. It would be the perfect spot to charge midway while heading upstate on longer drives.

I have been waiting for the, what looks to me, finished station to just get power turned on. Its been like 2 months and I thought it would turn on any day now.

Now i'm realizing this is a systemic problem they have across the board and not just isolated to this one spot. I guess who knows how long the wait will be.
Sponsored