PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
More indicators that Ford went with the lowest bidder to build the FordPass app. So now all the charging status and settings completely disappeared. I thought, oh good, there is an update available that should fix that, and I updated to 3.19.1. Wrong! Not only did it not restore the charge settings but now it prompts me to activate my vehicle again. Then when I try to activate it, I’m greeted with “Activation is not available. Something is not right “. Ya think???
Sponsored

Last edited:

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
More indicators that Ford went with the lowest bidder to build them a FordPass app. So now all the charging status and settings completely disappeared. I thought oh good, there is an update available that should fix that, and I updated to 3.19.1. Wrong! Not only did it not restore the charge settings but now it prompts me to activate my vehicle again. Then when I try to activate it, I’m greeted with “Activation is not available. Something is not right “. Ya think???
there's multiple threads on this at this point.

and it's an in-house app; one of the employees is on here.

OP
OP
PCPilot

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
there's multiple threads on this at this point.

and it's an in-house app; one of the employees is on here.
Well then, this serves as another reminder that Ford is a car company, not an IT company. I've used the FordPass app since I bought my 2019 Mustang, and it was one issue after another back then, and now that they've added the MachE functionality, it seems like it's just more complex things that the app can’t handle. Ford has a lot riding on the MachE rollout, and it just seems to me that the app is the weak link right now. It took them 6 full weeks, multiple support calls and 2 tickets just to add Plug and Charge to my app, for cryin' out loud.

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Seriously Ford should consider outsourcing the app to more professional team. Software has become 50% of the EV if not more than that. Without the useable software, just useable not event talking about beating the competitor, is key of the success of any modern EVs.

sabat

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Ecoboost
Country flag
Hope this is all short-term teething pains. Hope the GT kicks ass for the sale of F stock.

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
The app for my Chevy Bolt was 100% reliable. No glitches. No failing to operate. No telling me my car arrived multiple times per day when it hasn’t left the garage. No disappearing window controls, etc.

If it weren’t for the remote start being somewhat dependable, and the ability to initiate a charge somewhat consistently, I’d delete the battery wasting POS and never look back.

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
For some reason Ford Pass added about 8 hrs and estimated 40 additional kwh charged last night? Car only charged for 3 hrs, about 30 kwh in all. However FordPass recorded 11 hrs and 70kwh.

Strange. It also stopped before reaching its targeted charge of 90%. Stopped at 81%.

First time it's not been accurate. Updated FordPass yesterday. Ironic.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
For some reason Ford Pass added about 8 hrs and estimated 40 additional kwh charged last night? Car only charged for 3 hrs, about 30 kwh in all. However FordPass recorded 11 hrs and 70kwh.

Strange. It also stopped before reaching its targeted charge of 90%. Stopped at 81%.

First time it's not been accurate. Updated FordPass yesterday. Ironic.
maybe the app is converting the hours and kwh in metric?

Ford Mustang Mach-E MORE FordPass problems! Screenshot_116

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Seriously Ford should consider outsourcing the app to more professional team. Software has become 50% of the EV if not more than that. Without the useable software, just useable not event talking about beating the competitor, is key of the success of any modern EVs.
Actually if software is more than 50% of the car, that’s the exact reason they should NOT outsource this.

(And it’s also why we should stop saying Ford is not a software company. It undoubtably is, just not the way you all may have previously thought!)

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
It's unclear to me why someone would keep using an app known to be buggy and then complain about it. Raises the eternal question: Who is the dummy here?

Other than PAAK. which nows works, I have stopped using FordPass. Since anything you can do in the app you can do from the MME, can't say that has been limiting in any way. Give them some time to fix it and avoid frustrations.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Really, this is embarrassing. This isn't something we should give to people who don't give a crap, because Ford Pass is something that says "we don't give a crap."
Hate to say it, but your comments aren't a shining reflection on Ford either

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Actually if software is more than 50% of the car, that’s the exact reason they should NOT outsource this.

(And it’s also why we should stop saying Ford is not a software company. It undoubtably is, just not the way you all may have previously thought!)
Exactly. Outsourcing a critical piece is a bad decision. The developers know that they won't have to live with the consequences of bad design and implementation.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
They should outsource the app to Audi IT department.
Having just traded in my A4 to get my MME, I’m not sure I would agree. I used Audi Connect for about 2.6 days. I have already used FordPass hundreds of times more and it’s only been two weeks.
Sponsored