Dear1nc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Country flag
Im trying, trying to keep positive untill proven otherwise, but the early reports of dismal GT performance and the fact that the car was released into the wild and on the track -lame puts to question Fords intent and capabilities.
So, its not a Mustang. Its not a GT. Its not Ford Performance. Its not even a Rabbit. It can not compete with other electrics or gas. Certainty not Tesla- its main competitor.
If the early specs are true, this Ford Mustang Mach e GT Performance edition is actually an electric Taurus that will have trouble passing around a pack of semi trucks on I95 going 80mph- come box in my $80k Ford GT Performace sports car. Watch the F150 Lightning brick blow my (handel less) doors off. I dont think my GTP could pass my Mom's Lexus RX on the highway. Bright red painted Brembo? This car has no need for high performance brakes because the motors will slow me down.
This is not race track letdown. This looks to be a every day highway slug. Now add Passing Speed anxiety to Range anxiety. 0-60? I have zero desire to jackrabbit first into an intersection. Thats a race to get T-Boned. Kid stuff.
I dont want a very nice Taurus hatchback. I want an electric Mustang and I will pay extra for a GT Ford Performance sports car.
Is this it? Please make it so!
Ford promised Performace beyond T-Bone racing, a GT badge and red brakes. But what exactly have they let out of the stable (horse or bull) and is it a mistake to be quickly fixed or a new pay to play marketing plan? Not yet we hope...
Is Deloitte marketing analytics department working on it or top hw/sw engineers?
(Perception or Performance).
Its all about Trust now and if this is their Mustang much less their GT, then Ford Performance is over. Who would trust a $125k Shelby electric, etc?
This is Ford's moment. Edsel or Grand Prix? Taurus or Mustang?
America needs a real electric Mustang- now. We want to believe.
We are still here with you.
Come on Ford, show us and the world what you've got.
Lets ride!
You have a gtpe and it's that slow to pass on the highway!?? I've heard because of the instant torque it's still fast as hell to pass at 80+
Sponsored

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
BUT...MYP and GTPE have essentially the same torque figures, GTPE has a HIGHER power rating, and people seem to be getting better acceleration after 60 if they don't start from 0--none of which makes sense unless there is some software interference. Correct? Are we missing something that would provide a simpler explanation?
The hp rating on Teslas are understated. The MYP makes more hp at the wheels than what the GTPE is rated for.

People that tap into the car's CAN bus are getting 628 hp from the motors directly. Even my Y Long Range with the acceleration boost makes 510 hp at the motors, although Tesla rates it much lower on paper.

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
it's no secret that whenever tesla posts a "time" they usually beat it. it's the truth. but that comes with everything else tesla. also the truth.

it's something that the legacy builders can learn from, don't overpromise in today's world. everyone is watching, especially the next generation. so at minimum, deliver what you promise. test, confirm, etc.

there should be no shame in being honest. if your product doesn't meet the promise, revise the promise and be up front. because you will be called out on it, virally.

ate2aqtr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Cybertruck, Passport, 17Jeep 11 odyse
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
All I wanted was a non Tesla at a Tesla Price with Tesla Performance. Ford get it fixed my GT is slated for delivery first part of November. Will I take Delivery? Only if they get their Shit together. I'm sure we will get some MYP vs MMEGT Roll race video soon. I would be interested in the 50-100 times since were neutered at 124. Drag mode please!!!!!

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
You have a gtpe and it's that slow to pass on the highway!?? I've heard because of the instant torque it's still fast as hell to pass at 80+
You heard wrong. It's pretty much a dog at 70 plus.

It's not like it's dangerously slow. It's not a 1986 Toyota Tercel with the A/C on. But fast as hell? Lol, no.

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
Also, it's the right thing to do, and always has been.
that's been lost on the auto industry for too long, sadly.

not dogging ford, it's across the board.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
it's no secret that whenever tesla posts a "time" they usually beat it. it's the truth. but that comes with everything else tesla. also the truth.

it's something that the legacy builders can learn from, don't overpromise in today's world. everyone is watching, especially the next generation. so at minimum, deliver what you promise. test, confirm, etc.

there should be no shame in being honest. if your product doesn't meet the promise, revise the promise and be up front. because you will be called out on it, virally.
I’m going to disagree on this one re: Tesla & truth. Tesla fails to meet its EPA range estimates, yet, they’re the ones that submitted the ranges to the EPA for certification. Based on their BS testing. But yeah, they do accelerate like they should.

When Edmunds did the big EV range test back in February the Tesla engineers cried foul regarding the tests and said Edmunds didn’t account for the fixed buffer Teslas supposedly have. So, Edmunds retested them all the way down to 0 miles, dead on the test track. You know what they found? No specific fixed buffer existed. Tesla engineers failed to explain that one after Edmunds asked wtf?

Combine the above with Tesla’s defiant attitude towards improving manufacturing processes in order to achieve build quality better than an ‘80s Hyundai Excel or Yugo GV and it’s gonna be a tough next decade for them. EVs galore from the legacy makers plus Lucid, Rivian et al.

Oh yeah, and Cybertruck ???. That gigafactory is about 25 miles from me. Hooray.

Brofessional

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GR86, 12 Accord, 18 Yukon, 21 Mach E GT
Country flag
The hp rating on Teslas are understated. The MYP makes more hp at the wheels than what the GTPE is rated for.

People that tap into the car's CAN bus are getting 628 hp from the motors directly. Even my Y Long Range with the acceleration boost makes 510 hp at the motors, although Tesla rates it much lower on paper.
If that 628 is for real, this could at least partially be due to motor design with the exception being those 50-70 pulls that seem to be quicker from a roll. Outside those pulls though, the numbers would actually fit with the physics of a higher torque EM motor relative to the Tesla units as far as I understand it. I could certainly be wrong, but if I’m not I’m just going to go buy a 4x. Or maybe just wait on that bronco raptor.

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
See an acceleration model for the ER AWD and RWD here
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-extended-range-acceleration-modeling.2177/
The 1/4 mi time predicted is not too far off considering the approximations.
There is also a RWD ER dyno test that shows constant power to near top speed.
See https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...o-test-results-375-hp-409-ft-lbs-torque.3737/

Of course none of this is for GT or GTPE, but it does show what can be done with a pretty simple model.
Do you have enough information to make the same models for the GT and GTPE? Everyone on this thread would love to see them.

EVmodeler

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER IB Job 1
Occupation
Engr Prof emeritus
Country flag
Do you have enough information to make the same models for the GT and GTPE? Everyone on this thread would love to see them.
What are the curb weights of the GT and GTPE? What are the separate front and rear motor ratings (not combined)?
I can estimate the above, but then the results will be less accurate.
If I can match the 0-60 times, the rest might be pretty good.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
What are the curb weights of the GT and GTPE? What are the separate front and rear motor ratings (not combined)?
I can estimate the above, but then the results will be less accurate.
If I can match the 0-60 times, the rest might be pretty good.
the front and rear motors on the GT / GTPE are the same as the rear motor in the other trims. I am not sure on curb weight, but you could add ~150lbs to the 4x weight and be pretty close. Someone who has one could look at the door jam sticker. Google says 4,587lbs

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
GTPE says 5980 lbs.

Ford Mustang Mach-E More Mach-E GT 1/4 mile track results IMG_20210917_070729~2
Sponsored