sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
GTPE says 5980 lbs.

IMG_20210917_070729~2.jpg
That is GVWR (i.e. with max payload), not curb weight. I saw in another thread that payload was a little over 900lbs, so that would put curb weight at a little over 5000lbs.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
That is GVWR (i.e. with max payload), not curb weight. I saw in another thread that payload was a little over 900lbs, so that would put curb weight at a little over 5000lbs.
Yup! That's what I thought too.

EVmodeler

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER IB Job 1
Occupation
Engr Prof emeritus
Country flag
GTPE says 5980 lbs.

IMG_20210917_070729~2.jpg
That’s gross vehicle weight rating - max, not curb.
The combined motor rating does not add up to twice the rear motor rating, probably due to battery current limits.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If that 628 is for real, this could at least partially be due to motor design with the exception being those 50-70 pulls that seem to be quicker from a roll. Outside those pulls though, the numbers would actually fit with the physics of a higher torque EM motor relative to the Tesla units as far as I understand it. I could certainly be wrong, but if I’m not I’m just going to go buy a 4x. Or maybe just wait on that bronco raptor.
I just watched the video again and it's actually 623. I was going off memory from last year.
Screenshot attached. Here's the video. 7:35 mark if you want to go straight to the data.

Here's the dyno video I was referring to. It also shows an interesting comparison between the 3 Performance and Y Performance power curves, which the 3 falling off much sooner.

Screenshot_20210917-082800_YouTube.jpg

EVmodeler

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER IB Job 1
Occupation
Engr Prof emeritus
Country flag
The EPA test car list data test mass for both GT and GTPE as 5250 lb, same as AWD Ex. Test mass is curb + 300 lb, but then rounded to an inertial weight class in 250 lb increments, so a bit fuzzy.
No one ever lists actual test mass for accelerations runs it seems.

Here is my current motor approximations for GT and GTPE.
I don't think the PE makes peak torque all the way out to base speed since the power rating is the same at GT. The total power is limited by battery current; the peak torque is limited by inverter output current before the base speed/peak power. Seems reasonable? I will try it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E More Mach-E GT 1/4 mile track results 1631886102877

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Darren Palmer says that a bunch of OTAs are coming to the Mach-E and repeated that October will be the GT media drive event.

Darren spoke about the GT and addresses some of the thermal throttling issues that have been seen on the non-GTs, Ford Performance involvement, etc at about the 20:45 mark. I recommend watching the entire interview.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-threshold-increases-coming-this-winter.9508/

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
All I wanted was a non Tesla at a Tesla Price with Tesla Performance. Ford get it fixed my GT is slated for delivery first part of November. Will I take Delivery? Only if they get their Shit together. I'm sure we will get some MYP vs MMEGT Roll race video soon. I would be interested in the 50-100 times since were neutered at 124. Drag mode please!!!!!
I hear you. Thinking out loud, MY performance vs. MME GT performance:
- 0-60 time is the same.
- Quarter Mile: Tesla wins by a lot.
- On the track: The jury is still out.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
All I wanted was a non Tesla at a Tesla Price with Tesla Performance.
Same here. I don't even care about the low top speed or even being a couple tenths slower to 60 or in the 1/4 but I'll tell you something: I'm not taking a Mustang GT Performance Edition that runs 12.7@100 to grudge night at the local strip. Forget about it. Embarrassing.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
I was in my Mustang GT Performance Edition this morning on my way to work and tried to pass a Volvo on the highway and the Volvo driver laughed and floored it and left me in the dust and then spit out his window onto my car and his wife in the passenger seat pointed at me and made the universal hand gesture for small penis.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Darren Palmer says that a bunch of OTAs are coming to the Mach-E and repeated that October will be the GT media drive event.

Darren spoke about the GT and addresses some of the thermal throttling issues that have been seen on the non-GTs, Ford Performance involvement, etc at about the 20:45 mark. I recommend watching the entire interview.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-threshold-increases-coming-this-winter.9508/
Improvements to the DCFC are much needed so a ? to Ford for that, but also lot of talk about listening to and communicating with customers, hmm based on crickets response to the various threads guess that doesn't extend to the GT lol,

Also all the talk over the GT was playing up the the initial acceleration and 0-60 times, it is after 60mph that is there is a problem :(, while I don't expect a yeah we messed up, if everyone at Ford is back slapping over the 0-60mph it doesn't inspire confidence that will Ford even see the fall flat on its face after 60mph as an issue for a supposed performance variant :(

one5460

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MazdaSpeed 3
Country flag
I hear you. Thinking out loud, MY performance vs. MME GT performance:
- 0-60 time is the same.
- Quarter Mile: Tesla wins by a lot.
- On the track: The jury is still out.
I wouldn't count on a GT or GTPE matching an MY P even to 60. At least not yet. Hopefully, we'll get some drag strip numbers soon.

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Very interesting discussion, especially about the F150 Lightning. But if they are now allowing the battery in the MME to charge faster to a higher percent of maximum, 90%, hopefully they will allow the battery to discharge faster, too, so the 1/4 mile time reaches the potential that is there. We will know within 3 weeks. Maybe they have just been overly cautious about the battery so far.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Same here. I don't even care about the low top speed or even being a couple tenths slower to 60 or in the 1/4 but I'll tell you something: I'm not taking a Mustang GT Performance Edition that runs 12.7@100 to grudge night at the local strip. Forget about it. Embarrassing.
That's why you go to an 1/8th mile track ;)