secretvampire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Dark Matter Gray MME GT
Country flag
Cool, you bought a performance car and don’t care about performance.

Good for you.

I see your condescending post and match you with a condescending post.

We are insecure because we want a car to be faster. Then you are insecure because you want it to be better looking with a nicer interior. It’s a good thing our cars can compensate for these sad feelings we have inside.
Sure, man, you can project and extrapolate whatever you want from my post! ?‍♂ :D
Sponsored

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Instant torque and awd means we will never have to make excuses for a bad start.

I can’t count how many times I’ve seen a Corvette or something like it get beat by a VW or Honda. The race was lost in the first 60’.
Well, they only get beat by the 2.0Ts, right? ???

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
If Ford can not fix the acceleration issue, is this a Deal breaker? How many of you will cancel your order vs. take delivery and accept as is?
Well first “fixing it” assumes that the performance the GT is showing is not by design, and at this time this is just wishful thinking.

So, will I still take delivery of mine if the top end acceleration does not improve?

Yes

The GT as it stands, outperforms 90% of the other SUVs (ICE & EV) @ this price range I was considering, and this is not only on the 0-60 but on the 1/4 mile. ICEs will overrun the GT after that, but thats expected based on the GT Top Speed. This is true for all EVs compared to ICE engines at high speeds.

So do I wish the GT can get better acceleration 60-100 with just an OTA update, for sure! But even if it does not, I believe I will still be happy with the GT.

I understand that those of you that went for the GTPE were expecting TOP performance and your disappointed, but if performance is your main driver you probably better of with a TESLA or forgoing the SUV/EV all together

Btw.
Ford already tweaked the performance of the GT without having to change hardware(it's precisely the GTPE) and that gave it the additional torque, which improves the 0 to 60 but maintains the top speed and is very similar in the 1/4 mile to the GT, so maybe there is not much to do on the top end with the current hardware.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Well first “fixing it” assumes that the performance the GT is showing is not by design, and at this time this is just wishful thinking.

So, will I still take delivery of mine if the top end acceleration does not improve?

Yes

The GT as it stands, outperforms 90% of the other SUVs (ICE & EV) @ this price range I was considering, and this is not only on the 0-60 but on the 1/4 mile. ICEs will overrun the GT after that, but thats expected based on the GT Top Speed. This is true for all EVs compared to ICE engines at high speeds.

So do I wish the GT can get better acceleration 60-100 with just an OTA update, for sure! But even if it does not, I believe I will still be happy with the GT.

I understand that those of you that went for the GTPE were expecting TOP performance and your disappointed, but if performance is your main driver you probably better of with a TESLA or forgoing the SUV/EV all together

Btw.
Ford already tweaked the performance of the GT without having to change hardware(it's precisely the GTPE) and that gave it the additional torque, which improves the 0 to 60 but maintains the top speed and is very similar in the 1/4 mile to the GT, so maybe there is not much to do on the top end with the current hardware.
I guess Ford should have previously announced that the Gt performance was going to be so inferior to the Tesla in performance.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Btw.
Ford already tweaked the performance of the GT without having to change hardware(it's precisely the GTPE) and that gave it the additional torque...
When did Ford do that? How big was the resulting performance improvement?

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
If I had gone for the PE I would MAYBE feel differently, but the reasons I didn't kind of negate that feeling anyway. The number of folks "living their lives a quarter-mile at a time" is way, way smaller than Internet forum warriors will have you believe.

Again, I do think Ford should at least answer the questions about the top-end, but I'm not so insecure in my life that I give a shit if a Model Y can beat me on some fictional racetrack, I can count on one hand the number of times I've felt the need to take my car above 85-90 (and barely at that) on public roads in the past five years.

I went for the GT because I wanted:
- The better low-end power and 0-60 time, as in, 95% of the driving I do
- The metal roof
- The better looking front-end
- The (in my opinion) nicer interior
It’s not just over 85-90 that it has an issue. Don’t pretend otherwise. If you’re cool with it feeling like it has about 260 HP instead of 480 over about 60 mph then the GT is the car for you.

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
I guess Ford should have previously announced that the Gt performance was going to be so inferior to the Tesla in performance.
Right, that would have been a brilliant advertising campaign... ?

I don't think Ford ever spoke about performance numbers besides the 0 to 60, but I do understand that based on their implied specs of Performance you feel cheated because you made a decision* without the true numbers.

But the question was posted for those of us that have NOT taken delivery yet, and we have at least the benefit of knowing exactly what we are getting.

* Btw, I was going to ask if you feel the car is OK otherwise and if you're keeping it, but I saw a post where you're having some issues with the car, so probably not the time to ask ?

Last edited:

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
When did Ford do that? How big was the resulting performance improvement?
The GTPE versus the GT. Just some software tweaks for higher ftlb delivery.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

Yes

Btw.
Ford neither designed, nor intended for the GT to trap lower mph in the 1/4 than a 4X. It’s a flaw.

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
Ford neither designed, nor intended for the GT to trap lower mph in the 1/4 than a 4X. It’s a flaw.
You seem very confident about this but unless you know something we don't, this is still an unknown, we have seen consistent 1/4 runs between the GT and GTPE and, yes admittedly very close to the 4X, which does not sound right but still may be a limitation of the system

I rather take delivery of my GT knowing this is all I'm going to get out of it right now and be OK with it. If you take delivery under the belief that they will fix it, and it never happens, then you can't blame the decision on ignorance.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
You seem very confident about this but unless you know something we don't, this is still an unknown, we have seen consistent 1/4 runs between the GT and GTPE and, yes admittedly very close to the 4X, which does not sound right but still may be a limitation of the system

I rather take delivery of my GT knowing this is all I'm going to get out of it right now and be OK with it. If you take delivery under the belief that they will fix it, and it never happens, then you can't blame the decision on ignorance.
My confidence is based on the established precedent of Ford and every other maker delivering Performance models that are both quicker ET-wise and, faster MPH-wise than their more comfort/luxury oriented stable mates. If Ford chose to buck precedent with the MME GT for some reason, well, good luck with that. And yes, those corny ass horse references were intended.

Our order is a 4X, so, I’m not personally affected. But, no, I wouldn’t buy a GT as it currently stands. Perhaps in the future if the natural order of things is restored.

My next pony will still be a GT350, unless Ford really does put a Tremec in the GT500 after all. Wait, nope, still going with the Voodoo.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The GTPE versus the GT. Just some software tweaks for higher ftlb delivery.
Except that the extra power isn’t showing up in the numbers.

So far a regular GT has beaten advertised 0-60 and a GTPE hasn’t even hit the he advertised number yet.

3/10 0-60 should definitely be a measurable difference.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
Except that the extra power isn’t showing up in the numbers.

So far a regular GT has beaten advertised 0-60 and a GTPE hasn’t even hit the he advertised number yet.

3/10 0-60 should definitely be a measurable difference.
It's very strange that 34 ft-lbs can drop 0.3 seconds 0-60 anyway (on a heavy pig), but that's what Ford said.

But, yes you can say the extra is working. Even though the GT is being Ford's numbers and the GTPE isn't, the GTPE is still beating the GT.
Sponsored