harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
Except that the extra power isn’t showing up in the numbers.

So far a regular GT has beaten advertised 0-60 and a GTPE hasn’t even hit the he advertised number yet.

3/10 0-60 should definitely be a measurable difference.
I do agree 3/10 asking be there, though. That's part of what you're paying for.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
It's very strange that 34 ft-lbs can drop 0.3 seconds 0-60 anyway (on a heavy pig), but that's what Ford said.

But, yes you can say the extra is working. Even though the GT is being Ford's numbers and the GTPE isn't, the GTPE is still beating the GT.
I think the stickier tires have some to do with it as well - GTPE can put the power down a little better and needs less software modulation (traction control).

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
It's very strange that 34 ft-lbs can drop 0.3 seconds 0-60 anyway (on a heavy pig), but that's what Ford said.

But, yes you can say the extra is working. Even though the GT is being Ford's numbers and the GTPE isn't, the GTPE is still beating the GT.
Is it? So far they’re within a few hundredths of a second. Definitely within the margin of error.

I’m ok with the GT being faster than advertised. Not ok with the PE being slower than advertised.

I’m guessing it’s supposed to be more than just the extra peak torque. Probably a more aggressive tune altogether to make up the difference (or the should be a difference).

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
It’s not just over 85-90 that it has an issue. Don’t pretend otherwise. If you’re cool with it feeling like it has about 260 HP instead of 480 over about 60 mph then the GT is the car for you.
This is the big issue for me. With my Model Y, I did jackrabbit starts the first week after getting it, but after that, 0-60 burst became old, and I hardly do it anymore. But highway passing from 60-90 is a daily occurrence on California highways where the avg cruising speed can be 80-90. I rather have better passing speed than 0-60 launches.

GT500R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P
Country flag
You must have missed the other GT track thread summary where I anointed all of the Teslas king. Straight line drags n rolls are fun but eventually the road has to curve. We’ll have to see how the road course action plays out.

Oh, and I’m gonna have some 60-130 and 150 action for you before too long, practice the fetal position my man. ?
And let’s just say, the HUD resolution is fairly crisp at 177.
Tesla Model Y still king ?

We are comparing Mach E and Y

You adding in your .02 on Chevy SS that was discontinued forever ago………

44A85558-BC0F-4E4E-8AF7-AB431D79ECF2.jpeg

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Tesla Model Y still king ?

We are comparing Mach E and Y

You adding in your .02 on Chevy SS that was discontinued forever ago………

44A85558-BC0F-4E4E-8AF7-AB431D79ECF2.jpeg
I know. Context is everything and you can’t comprehend. My SS info comments were points of reference re: an ICE car that should run fairly similar 1/4 mile et/mph to a properly running GTPE. I even pointed out that the GTPE 1/8th times were quicker than mine. But here comes Model Y troll all high and mighty with slow SS comments.

And yeah, it sucks owning a low production numbers vehicle that’s been discontinued. I wish I could see my same car on every corner in the same boring af refrigerator white, black or grey. Damn it. If only I hadn’t paid $36.5K for it 6+ years and 70K miles ago I wouldn’t be so sad and angry that it’s currently only worth $36K ($33K pre chip shortage in fairness). You brought it up smart guy. ?

P.S. don’t forget the GT500 video clip everyone has been waiting for. The one you were gonna go get to gaptize me with because your turtle shaped EV starts gasping after 110. ?

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If Ford can not fix the acceleration issue, is this a Deal breaker? How many of you will cancel your order vs. take delivery and accept as is?
I am looking forward to getting my Rapid Red MME GTPE as soon as it comes in! It's got sporty styling, great acceleration, smooth handling with the magneride suspension and Brembro brakes, comfortable seats (as a few users have posted, but I can't wait to see for myself), elegant interior with B+O sound system, plus 260 miles range. What's not to like, 0.6 seconds slower than a Model Y in the 1/4 mile? I don't care. If Ford updates the software to allow faster 60-110 mph times in the future, so much the better, but that would be a bonus for me. The vehicle certainly seems like the nicest SUV in its class already! One user warned that he had to pull over into the passing lane before hitting the accelerator, otherwise he got too close too quickly to the car he was passing. That seems like good enough highway passing speed for me.

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
Im going to save final judgement til after I drive it. I had my desires on a BMW M3, but threw that out the door quickly after driving a Model 3P. I hated a lot of things about the Telsa, but performance has always won me over compared to looks and some other things. Then I heard about the YP coming, so I waited hoping it would only be just a touch slower than the 3P but with more space, a Model X-like windshield, a few of the dislikes remedied. It didnt have the windshield and only remedied the chrome trim. I became on-the-fence. Then comes the announcement of the Mach-E. I was super hype. Same power, way more torque, way way way better looking, and lots of remedies. SOLD!!!!...so I thought. It's hecka slow in comparison to the YP which is about the same price and doesnt have that Tesla-like/Taycan-like instant acceleration. Plus the B&O sound system sucks. Im getting less and less excited about the delivery. I just want to hear Ford say that updates are coming to appreciably increase the acceleration performance beyond 60mph. The Y is just a bit too ugly to chose for performance only and the 3 is now a bit smalll on the inside for my daily use. Im not sure what Im gonna do. I may wait to see if the GTPE gets fixed [far as Im concerned, its broken] and see if that happens before the EV6 GT comes out.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Im going to save final judgement til after I drive it. I had my desires on a BMW M3, but threw that out the door quickly after driving a Model 3P. I hated a lot of things about the Telsa, but performance has always won me over compared to looks and some other things. Then I heard about the YP coming, so I waited hoping it would only be just a touch slower than the 3P but with more space, a Model X-like windshield, a few of the dislikes remedied. It didnt have the windshield and only remedied the chrome trim. I became on-the-fence. Then comes the announcement of the Mach-E. I was super hype. Same power, way more torque, way way way better looking, and lots of remedies. SOLD!!!!...so I thought. It's hecka slow in comparison to the YP which is about the same price and doesnt have that Tesla-like/Taycan-like instant acceleration. Plus the B&O sound system sucks. Im getting less and less excited about the delivery. I just want to hear Ford say that updates are coming to appreciably increase the acceleration performance beyond 60mph. The Y is just a bit too ugly to chose for performance only and the 3 is now a bit smalll on the inside for my daily use. Im not sure what Im gonna do. I may wait to see if the GTPE gets fixed [far as Im concerned, its broken] and see if that happens before the EV6 GT comes out.
I have no issue with the B&O system.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I have no issue with the B&O system.
Ok thanks. I'm an audio nerd and test drove an MME for a day from turo and don't remember the sound system having issues. When he said it sucks I was like am I missing something?

I mean no I haven't heard something like the bowers and Wilkins Volvo systems but the Harmon kardon Volvo sound system in my wife's car sounds good. Hell, even the Sony sound system in my fusion is surprisingly good without even having a sub in it.

As with everything else these days, stock trim is getting very close to a custom job. It isn't the old days anymore where you'd get paper speakers in a car and have to upgrade everything in it.

t12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I just want to hear Ford say that updates are coming to appreciably increase the acceleration performance beyond 60mph.
Preaching to the choir here my friend... October can't come soon enough. Even then, it's possible that Ford may still choose to remain silent. To play devil's advocate, if the GT buyers who really care about outright performance are a minority among minorities, does Ford actually need to do anything? The Mach-Es seem to be selling just fine.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Preaching to the choir here my friend... October can't come soon enough. Even then, it's possible that Ford may still choose to remain silent. To play devil's advocate, if the GT buyers who really care about outright performance are a minority among minorities, does Ford actually need to do anything? The Mach-Es seem to be selling just fine.
If the October press event is a track that can't do over 80mph I think that'll be the answer we're all waiting for.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok thanks. I'm an audio nerd and test drove an MME for a day from turo and don't remember the sound system having issues. When he said it sucks I was like am I missing something?

I mean no I haven't heard something like the bowers and Wilkins Volvo systems but the Harmon kardon Volvo sound system in my wife's car sounds good. Hell, even the Sony sound system in my fusion is surprisingly good without even having a sub in it.

As with everything else these days, stock trim is getting very close to a custom job. It isn't the old days anymore where you'd get paper speakers in a car and have to upgrade everything in it.
My assumption is he's heard of all the people complaining about it early on. Software updates fixed what was going on with it. Some people said it wouldn't even go nearly loud enough to hear it well, especially on the highway.

I barely turn mine over 5 ever. I do sometimes...when the right song comes on. It does a very good job and I also like audio systems.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
"It's working as designed."

That's the worry that a lot of GT customers are carrying around.

Ford has been deliberately pitting the Mustang Mach-E against the Tesla Model Y. It would be very disappointing to learn that the best that Ford can do with the Mach-E can barely compete against the Model Y Long Range let alone a Model Y Performance.

Model Y Long Range (Motortrend):
1/4 Mile: 12.4s @ 114.8
0-60: 4.1 seconds

Iknownothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer ST
Country flag
"It's working as designed."

That's the worry that a lot of GT customers are carrying around.

Ford has been deliberately pitting the Mustang Mach-E against the Tesla Model Y. It would be very disappointing to learn that the best that Ford can do with the Mach-E can barely compete against the Model Y Long Range let alone a Model Y Performance.

Model Y Long Range (Motortrend):
1/4 Mile: 12.4s @ 114.8
0-60: 4.1 seconds
Darren Palmer called the GTPE a “once in a decade” vehicle. I think with that type of hype it is fair the forum is expecting more differentiation from its Mach E siblings and for it to clearly stand up against its Tesla competition. I’m not saying it must excel, per se, at the quarter mile but I would think if the results seen are it’s best effort then it needs something performance wise that is truly unique. Not sure we have seen that one unique thing yet based on the few posts here. That’s not saying it’s a bad car, obviously people are mostly in love with it. It’s just not clearly living up yet to the hype of a Performance Edition/once a decade vehicle.

That said, I’m still very much in the camp that there is more to come with these vehicles. There was no need for Ford to rush out a super low volume GT/GTPE version that falls on its face.

Yes, I’m probably a Ford fan boy at heart and maybe this means I’m grasping at straws but what is life without some irrational extreme optimism.
Sponsored