buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Honestly, even though I'm ready to take my GT, I'm reading the error code posts and every time I say to myself "God I hope that doesn't happen when my wife is in the car with me". Even with it being my car she'd be all over me about it. She already doesn't want me to get a GT because it's so fast lol, and she's the type to send me any article that comes up about recalls, etc. (even though I've already seen them on here).

These things don't bother me either, I know I'm stepping into a Gen 1 vehicle here, I have my expectations set straight. I'm looking forward to experiencing 3.5 seconds 0-60 again since it's been years for me. But for some reason she's just stuck on this thing where she doesn't want me to get an MME GT anymore. Any error code that ever happens will be a HUGE "I told you so" moment for her.
Probably best to follow rule #1 happy wife, happy life ;) unless you really look forward to the traffic light grand prix then most people are not leaving every light, stop sign in full launch mode, really the 0-60 is something most people do a few times and mainly for passengers and by todays AWD performance standards mid 3 seconds is nothing special, the only advantage of a BEV is you don't need to enter launch mode and the entry price to that performance is typically a lot lower.

If you can wait I would test drive the GT to see what you think of it, for me performance was way down my list of requirements for getting the BEV so the lack of blistering top end acceleration does not mean you may not I enjoy it, there are other attributes that a BEV can bring to the table that you may like.

The GTPE was a replacement for my focus RS, which ultimately I found a disappointment, if performance was my reason for getting the GTPE then I would have got the exact same feelings of disappointment I had with the RS, but as it stands the top end acceleration and they slow steering :( aside it does what it was purchased to do which is was to crawl along in commuter traffic in relative comfort on the beaten up freeways while being composed when I take it down the twisty roads, down the same bit of twisty road it probably won't see which way I went if I was still in the RS but it also doesn't leave me with the feeling like I am going to end up in a ditch when pushed either.
Sponsored

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Just out of curiosity… has anyone tried pedaling the car and stabbing it a second time? I’m wondering if that might bring the acceleration back up to highway passing type acceleration. ?‍♂

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Here’s the problem with the Genesis GV70, it’s very nice, reasonably quick, has impeccable interior design, great value proposition, wait, did I say there was a problem? Oh yeah, it’s just another luxury suv in a sea of luxury SUVs, right? The 4.9 0-60 using LC quickly stretches to what, a 5.9 or so when just hitting the throttle? And the passing times? Laughable compared to a GT, as you’ve already stated in your comments. There’s just nothing special enough for someone who values the driving experience or neck straining acceleration. Now, the GV60? That’s gonna be a different animal.

If I already had a GT order awaiting delivery I’d probably take it, give Ford a few months to answer about 1/4 mile trap speed deficiencies and then make a decision on whether to keep it or not based on any fixes or denials of a problem. Because in the present market there is probably another 6-12 month window at minimum to recoup your entire purchase price and possibly extra $$$. And I’m not even including any tax credits, federal or otherwise.
Ah yes, the GV60 that's already advertising a boost mode button that gives you max performance longer.....

Ford?

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Ah yes, the GV60 that's already advertising a boost mode button that gives you max performance longer.....

Ford?
Bingo!

Boost mode buttons take me back to the mid-‘90s. My boost button was a blue, lighted toggle switch that was wired into an NOS 05115 kit for 5.0 Mustangs. Mine was a white ‘95 GTS. Ironically enough, it took me from consistent 14.0-14.2@99-100 to 12.5-12.8@111-114 at the time. Pretty damn good for street tires in those days. That was enough to get me hooked.

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Just out of curiosity… has anyone tried pedaling the car and stabbing it a second time? I’m wondering if that might bring the acceleration back up to highway passing type acceleration. ?‍♂
There’s a video of someone doing 0-85 or so, slowing down to 30, then flooring it again.

The 30-50 they did a few seconds after the 0-85 was significantly slower and the “power bar” showed it wasn’t allowing full power.

here:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-gt-70-acceleration-issue-video.9677/

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
Ya, I tried this over the weekend and it did nothing. The car just won't pull hard after about 77mph.

It does get up over 80mph really well, but just doesn't pull nearly as hard as the car pulls at lower speeds.

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ya, I tried this over the weekend and it did nothing. The car just won't pull hard after about 77mph.

It does get up over 80mph really well, but just doesn't pull nearly as hard as the car pulls at lower speeds.
I probably shouldn't post video of the 70-??? pull I did in the C8 then... fortunately I was in Mexico at the time.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I probably shouldn't post video of the 70-??? pull I did in the C8 then... fortunately I was in Mexico at the time.
Post it! My shitbox SS runs 12.8 60-130s presently, I know that C8 just walks off and hides ?

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Post it! My shitbox SS runs 12.8 60-130s presently, I know that C8 just walks off and hides ?
I just hand-timed it from the video and I was 9.5-10s from 69-130. I'll have to grab the SD card from the car to pull the analytics. It looks to be about 18s from 69-157. I had to let out there. Top speed on the Z51 package is supposed to be 184. I would like to find out.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I just hand-timed it from the video and I was 9.5-10s from 69-130. I'll have to grab the SD card from the car to pull the analytics. It looks to be about 18s from 69-157. I had to let out there. Top speed on the Z51 package is supposed to be 184. I would like to find out.
Most C8s on the dragy leaderboard get 10.5-11.0 stock 60-130. But we’re talking ranges where EVs other than the Plaid/P100D/Taycan Turbo S don’t like to play haha. My HUD has seen 177 once after my tune removed the factory160-165 limiter. But that was in a 1 mile event pre-Covid.
And the 177 was after the mile…

Oh yeah, back to sub-130mph GT stuff….. ?

vakane

First Name
Rinel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Kia Optima, 2006 Toyota Corolla, 1970 Ford mustang
Occupation
banker
Country flag
What are C8s running 1/4?

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
What are C8s running 1/4?
Lots of folks able to turn in low 11s, some guys getting down into the high 10s. That's pretty nasty for such an easy to drive car. The street manners are very pleasant and there's even enough room for that big pack to toilet paper from Costco (assuming you don't have a passenger).

CharleyCarlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE In Production
Country flag
I picked up the X3 for my wife last week. She loves it so all is right with the world. Someone else will get to enjoy the GTPE that I ordered and I will keep my eyes out for a GT500 which is what I really wanted all along.

ETA - Orrrrr give it a couple years and Ford will put the electric drivetrain in a true mustang coupe body and I will give it another look.

I've got my dad's C8 in my garage to hold me over for now. And the C8 Z06 should be out in about a year.
what was your process for not taking delivery? Just call the dealer and tell them you don’t want the car?

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
what was your process for not taking delivery? Just call the dealer and tell them you don’t want the car?
I've not even called them yet. I kind of want to test drive it since I've had it reserved for so damn long and then tell them I don't want it. I've actually toyed with taking delivery and flipping it but don't really want to deal with the paperwork.

They aren't going to mind one bit. They will put it on the lot with a 10k ADM and sell it within days.
Sponsored