CharleyCarlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE In Production
Country flag
I've not even called them yet. I kind of want to test drive it since I've had it reserved for so damn long and then tell them I don't want it. I've actually toyed with taking delivery and flipping it but don't really want to deal with the paperwork.

They aren't going to mind one bit. They will put it on the lot with a 10k ADM and sell it within days.
interested to know how it goes for you. Iā€™m assuming dealers donā€™t care whether you take delivery.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
interested to know how it goes for you. Iā€™m assuming dealers donā€™t care whether you take delivery.
Iā€™d bet they prefer you donā€™t.

They have no inventory and donā€™t get a car unless you order it. Plus theyā€™ll make more money if you donā€™t.

So they want you to order, will honor the commitment to let you buy, but are perfectly happy if you donā€™t.

When I ordered back in April, I said, ā€œwhat if I donā€™t want it?ā€ They said you test drive and if you donā€™t like it, we will sell it to the next person. They didnā€™t even require a deposit.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
Iā€™d bet they prefer you donā€™t.

They have no inventory and donā€™t get a car unless you order it. Plus theyā€™ll make more money if you donā€™t.

So they want you to order, will honor the commitment to let you buy, but are perfectly happy if you donā€™t.

When I ordered back in April, I said, ā€œwhat if I donā€™t want it?ā€ They said you test drive and if you donā€™t like it, we will sell it to the next person. They didnā€™t even require a deposit.
That's exactly why I moved my Lightning reservation to a dealer that will actually honor my X-Plan. I'm 90% sure I'm not taking delivery on it, but I want this new dealer to have the inventory versus the old dealer. I've also convinced two other friends in the same situation to do the same. Ford of Londonderry deserves nothing.

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I've not even called them yet. I kind of want to test drive it since I've had it reserved for so damn long and then tell them I don't want it. I've actually toyed with taking delivery and flipping it but don't really want to deal with the paperwork.

They aren't going to mind one bit. They will put it on the lot with a 10k ADM and sell it within days.
But will they give you your deposit back? They say it is nonrefundable. I need to cancel my Premium order since I found a GT at another dealer and put another deposit down on that one. So I am hoping they will refund it because I still purchased a MME, just not the one I originally ordered.

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
But will they give you your deposit back? They say it is nonrefundable. I need to cancel my Premium order since I found a GT at another dealer and put another deposit down on that one. So I am hoping they will refund it because I still purchased a MME, just not the one I originally ordered.
If they keep my deposit, they keep my deposit. There's nothing I can do about that other than be nice and then be less nice if they won't be nice. We will see.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
If they keep my deposit, they keep my deposit. There's nothing I can do about that other than be nice and then be less nice if they won't be nice. We will see.
Aren't all MME deposits refundable? I didn't have any issues refunding my first order. Every dealer I spoke to after that said it's refundable if you don't take the car.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Aren't all MME deposits refundable? I didn't have any issues refunding my first order. Every dealer I spoke to after that said it's refundable if you don't take the car.
The rules may be different state to state, but in Florida Iā€™ve never heard of a non refundable deposit on an ordered car. Salespeople say (and try to get away with) all kinds of nonsense though.

Just tell them the car makes a buzzing sound so you donā€™t want it. Or that it doesnā€™t hit ā€œadvertised 0-60,ā€ you can use whatever excuse you like, just make it sound like Fords fault and you shouldnā€™t get push back.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
The rules may be different state to state, but in Florida Iā€™ve never heard of a non refundable deposit on an ordered car. Salespeople say (and try to get away with) all kinds of nonsense though.

Just tell them the car makes a buzzing sound so you donā€™t want it. Or that it doesnā€™t hit ā€œadvertised 0-60,ā€ you can use whatever excuse you like, just make it sound like Fords fault and you shouldnā€™t get push back.
Yeah I'm in Florida and the first dealer didn't even try to dispute the deposit when I cancelled. I think you'll be ok.

I've also considered doing a flip on it if I get into it and feel like I want the GV70 instead. I know it's apples and oranges but we'll see what happens. The thing is because you'll be paying almost $5k in taxes you'll have to flip it for $10k over MSRP to get a $5k profit, and that's without the buyer getting the tax credit too. Not sure how many people are going to buy that.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Yeah I'm in Florida and the first dealer didn't even try to dispute the deposit when I cancelled. I think you'll be ok.

I've also considered doing a flip on it if I get into it and feel like I want the GV70 instead. I know it's apples and oranges but we'll see what happens. The thing is because you'll be paying almost $5k in taxes you'll have to flip it for $10k over MSRP to get a $5k profit, and that's without the buyer getting the tax credit too. Not sure how many people are going to buy that.
I would suggest seeing if you can take a premium awd for an extended test drive just to compare the actual everyday car portion of the mach-e vs GV70 as this is not really going to change with the GT, as some different colored stitching and material on the seats will have zero impact of how well you think the overall cabin works for you.

If you like the mach-e then you can also probably quite easily mentality extrapolate the additional acceleration to 60 mph but not beyond that you will get from the GT ?. Then when it finally turns up you can then see how well the suspension setup works for you and either jump in as it meets expectation or just walk away if it disappoints and go with the GV70.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I would suggest seeing if you can take a premium awd for an extended test drive just to compare the actual everyday car portion of the mach-e vs GV70 as this is not really going to change with the GT, as some different colored stitching and material on the seats will have zero impact of how well you think the overall cabin works for you.

If you like the mach-e then you can also probably quite easily mentality extrapolate the additional acceleration to 60 mph but not beyond that you will get from the GT ?. Then when it finally turns up you can then see how well the suspension setup works for you and either jump in as it meets expectation or just walk away if it disappoints and go with the GV70.
Actually before I did my order I test drove a premium rwd at a dealer, then a full day on Turo, then put in my order.

Yesterday I went from the Genesis dealer to the ford dealer to refresh my memory on the mach e.

Make no mistake, I'm fully aware I'm comparing apples to potatos right now. the mach e definitely has a more sports car feel that I really like a lot. Stiff suspension that isn't rigid. Smooth acceleration of course, it feels small like a car which I really like.

The GV70 is full on luxury, every technology and comfort included. One of the best, if not currently the best hands free driving system on the market for highway cruising. I mean leaps and bounds ahead in comfort. But, not nearly as fast and handling won't be as good.

It comes down to you're paying the price for BEV. If they made an ICE MME it would probably be $15k cheaper. So basically imagine if the MME had $15k more leather, comfort, ventilated seats, everything. That's pretty much the difference.

I honestly think right now I'm leaning towards the GV70, it'll give the MME 3-4 more years to mature and I'm ok with that since I constantly have this last minute pending feeling of waiting for an answer from Ford on the performance before mine arives. I love the MME, but right now I really can't get the GV70 out of my mind. As long as they cut a deal I'll accept, that's the thing right now.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Actually before I did my order I test drove a premium rwd at a dealer, then a full day on Turo, then put in my order.

Yesterday I went from the Genesis dealer to the ford dealer to refresh my memory on the mach e.

Make no mistake, I'm fully aware I'm comparing apples to potatos right now. the mach e definitely has a more sports car feel that I really like a lot. Stiff suspension that isn't rigid. Smooth acceleration of course, it feels small like a car which I really like.

The GV70 is full on luxury, every technology and comfort included. One of the best, if not currently the best hands free driving system on the market for highway cruising. I mean leaps and bounds ahead in comfort. But, not nearly as fast and handling won't be as good.

It comes down to you're paying the price for BEV. If they made an ICE MME it would probably be $15k cheaper. So basically imagine if the MME had $15k more leather, comfort, ventilated seats, everything. That's pretty much the difference.

I honestly think right now I'm leaning towards the GV70, it'll give the MME 3-4 more years to mature and I'm ok with that since I constantly have this last minute pending feeling of waiting for an answer from Ford on the performance before mine arives. I love the MME, but right now I really can't get the GV70 out of my mind. As long as they cut a deal I'll accept, that's the thing right now.
Naturally everything is relative but feels more like I am siting in a transit van to me, as I am used to sitting much lower in cars lol however yes I agree it is more car like compared to your standard SUV / CUV the evaluated seating just comes from having to sit on top a floor full of batteries.

The price is always going to be an issue with BEVs and honestly I think is going to be a problem for a lot of the mainstream manufactures once tax credits go away as they can't get away with using the interior from a vehicle that traditionally cost half as much as once you get in the 65k and above range its not much of a stretch to start cross shopping cross shopping against vehicles from the traditional premium brands.

Does my GTPE have an interior worthy of the price tag hell no, is it terrible of course not the material quality is fine but as the mach-e is basically derived from the c2 platform then as a comparison for the price point it needs to be at c2 vignale (platinum) levels which it isn't.

When Ford have cheaper vehicles that come with front heated, ventilated and massage seats, heated rear seats, ski hatch pass throughs in the rear arm rest, rear seat lowering levers at the rear of the trunk and felt lined door pockets (should be standard for any BEV IMO) there is plenty of features that should have made there way as standard onto the mach-e before we even get to where did the rear ambient lighting go.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Yeah right now I basically gave them what I'm willing to pay, they'll be getting back to me tomorrow. It's definitely no stab at the MME GT either, they're totally different cars for sure.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

Ok, you and I agree on many things, but in this area Iā€™ll have to dissent. Itā€™s kinda the same as the reviewers who bag on the Caddy V series interior materials/features and then say, oh, but it has the best steering, chassis, brakes and overall handling of anything in itā€™s class. ?. So, what are you after, handling and instant blasts of leave em all behind or, creature comforts and niceties? Not you, specifically, the consumer in general.

The GT interior is nice enough but it is not Genesis level no doubt. But, most GT buyers probably arenā€™t gonna drag their nether parts across the dash or armrests to revel in the finest Corinthian Leathers. ?

Example: I had a buddy who got rid of his ATS-V coupe for an Audi RS5 because the interior just wowed him that much. Plus, RS5s arenā€™t exactly slow either, haha. However, within 6 months he was shopping around for another V, this time a CTS. Because he has always been a guy that did track days and enjoyed a perfectly balanced RWD chassis along with a healthy bit of power. The Audi was just a super interior wrapped in a front-heavy, understeering mess that could also launch really hard. He missed the V chassis. He ended up with a certified Panamera GTS rwd 6-sp manual so he got his interior and chassis balance after all.

So, ask yourself, what car do you remember or miss the most? The Vortech ā€˜92 LX or the whatever with the Corinthian Leathers?
FB60B680-6978-4478-BD51-F31DD28DE01E.jpeg
Sponsored