buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
1635296823586.png

This is from the locked Mach E GT/GT Performance FB group. 50 psi in the tires and pulled the passenger seat. Same guy as the last time I posted about.
lol so remove a seat, pump the tires up to max allowable pressure and still have a slower trap speed than a volvo. The only thing that will fix the 1/4 mile performance is a software update faffing around with tire pressure and removing trim is the equivalent of rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic.

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I am expecting my GT around the beginning of November. Or so. Who knows. Anyway, it will be the fastest/quickest car I have ever owned. In this part of the forum, I might be in the minority. So as I read about the cool things I could do with my GT, within the artificial limits set by the suits at Ford, I have started to consider how much fun it would be to take it around a track. But really, I have no idea where to start.

Is it possible for me to take my car to a track on a Saturday, run it around the track, just for fun? Or do I need to join a club for the privilege? (Of course I am willing to pay for the day.) Do I need extra equipment like a helmet or a special seat harness, or can I just show up and drive?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but you guys have peeked my interest in something I have not ever considered doing before. My focus has been personal activities like running and biking. Driving a car fast has always just been a spectator sport for me, and not much of one at that. But I really like to drive fast. Too fast for public roads, per my wife. Whom I love. :)
Go enjoy a track day experience in someone elseā€™s car first. There are Performance driving schools in several areas that you can check out. Iā€™ve done the Corvette school at Spring Mountain outside of Vegas and it is a fantastic experience. Not exactly cheap but a track day never is (insurance, brakes, tires, fluids, alignment adjustments, fuel, wear/tear on your own car vs someone elseā€™s, etc).

If you find you want to regularly track your own car, it will be cheaper (per track day) but you will have to plan accordingly. Extra set of wheels, consumables on hand, track insurance set up, track fees, on and on.

Iā€™d rather make a boys weekend once or twice a year and go thrash someone elseā€™s car for a few dollars more.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
1635296823586.png

This is from the locked Mach E GT/GT Performance FB group. 50 psi in the tires and pulled the passenger seat. Same guy as the last time I posted about.
1. Glad to see 12.1s and 7.5s to go with the 1.78 60 ft time.

2. 106 is still tragic. Quick, but not fast, as they say.

3. Itā€™s hard to understate how bad 16mph from the 1/8th to the 1/4 traps is in a performance model. Example: the 4X gains roughly 20mph in that distance.

4. Most owners wonā€™t care because it launches hard enough on the street to f@ck all.

5. #4 is gonna make it hard to get Ford to fix/improve it.

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Iā€™d rather make a boys weekend once or twice a year and go thrash someone elseā€™s car for a few dollars more.
Great point!

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Apologies if this is covered somewhere else, but is there enough data to conclude if or how much faster the GTPE is than the GT?

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Apologies if this is covered somewhere else, but is there enough data to conclude if or how much faster the GTPE is than the GT?
From all of the draggy and youtube results, it's pretty safe to say that they perform virtually the same...especially if you put sticky summer tires on the standard GT.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Not really. The fastest 0-60 times are the GTPE, but itā€™s not a 3/10th difference.

Itā€™s more like .15 seconds faster to 60, half is likely traction and half the 34 lb ft.

And no one seems to have concluded the fastest way to launch.

Stab and go? Roll into it? Brake torque? Traction control off? Engage or unbridled?

Youā€™d think it wouldnā€™t be so complicated with an AWD electric vehicle, but the 5 second power limitation also throws things for a loop.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Thatā€™s not the real question though, is it. The real question is how much faster than a GT/GTPE is a plebeian 4X šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£. Yes, faster, but not quicker. 103-104 > 100-102 1/4 mile trap speeds.

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
Less than what we al thought apparently

I have timed my GT 0 to 60 (on my best run) to 3.68s which is what I have seen most GTPE numbers to be

Not sure how accurate my timings are (OBDlink MX+ tested) but if its accurate the difference to 60 is negligible, and as everyone keeps reminding us the 1/4 trap speed for ALL MME is the same :p

The only thing I think is better on the GTPE is the Magneride, I even like the interior better on the GT.

Ford Mustang Mach-E More Mach-E GT 1/4 mile track results Screenshot_20220505-162400

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Less than what we al thought apparently

I have timed my GT 0 to 60 (on my best run) to 3.68s which is what I have seen most GTPE numbers to be

Not sure how accurate my timings are (OBDlink MX+ tested) but if its accurate the difference to 60 is negligible, and as everyone keeps reminding us the 1/4 trap speed for ALL MME is the same :p

The only thing I think is better on the GTPE is the Magneride, I even like the interior better on the GT.

Ford Mustang Mach-E More Mach-E GT 1/4 mile track results Screenshot_20220505-162400
In my complaint letter to Ford, while I request they make the GTPE faster, Iā€™ll make sure to include a request to make the GT slower, that way we all hit our advertised 0-60 times. šŸ˜œ

MachMachWhoThere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Iconic Silver
Country flag
Engage or unbridled?
This! I have driven nearly all my miles in my GT in Unbridled. Just started messing around recently with Engage. I swear the car feels spunkier in Engage. Limited experience for now, but Unbridled always seems to feel like itā€™s being a bit held back a bit, even if only 0-1 gray barsā€¦

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
1. Glad to see 12.1s and 7.5s to go with the 1.78 60 ft time.

2. 106 is still tragic. Quick, but not fast, as they say.

3. Itā€™s hard to understate how bad 16mph from the 1/8th to the 1/4 traps is in a performance model. Example: the 4X gains roughly 20mph in that distance.

4. Most owners wonā€™t care because it launches hard enough on the street to f@ck all.

5. #4 is gonna make it hard to get Ford to fix/improve it.
I know this is a late responsen but you nailed it with #5.

ArabianOak

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
Ran my premium on dragy this morning. Not sure if this is good or bad.
Ford Mustang Mach-E More Mach-E GT 1/4 mile track results CDF67112-6A95-4A04-B2A8-676EE8D86405

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Ran my premium on dragy this morning. Not sure if this is good or bad.
CDF67112-6A95-4A04-B2A8-676EE8D86405.png
In the ballpark. Most mags have gotten 102-103.5mph trap in the 1/4. Here are a couple of our runs:

Ford Mustang Mach-E More Mach-E GT 1/4 mile track results 93675923-00EC-4A72-B0F1-B3E64EEB1E78

Ford Mustang Mach-E More Mach-E GT 1/4 mile track results 0E929DB8-016A-4947-B592-C7CEAC487415

And remember, with Dragy 1/4 mile results they show that 0-60mph time on the acceleration curve but donā€™t give the 1-foot roll out time like they do in the actual 0-60mph run results. So, your 5.4 run is likely a 5.1ish. My best 0-60 with 1ft roll out has been a 4.84 iirc, it was on a 5.08 run.

Last edited:

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
More results here:

I'll have to add any you have that show as valid.

My Dragy captures the 0-60 times with rollout, but just not on that screen you're looking at.
Sponsored