Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Shelby GT 500, '88 T-Bird TC, '19 Shelby F-150
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
I'm X233, base GT with 72% charge.

I didn't do any prep, no air pressure changes, no cooling, nothing. I drove 45 miles to the track, went through tech and straight onto the dragstrip. 1st run was against a Hellcat Challenger. I left him at the light looking silly but he caught me and went flying by. 15 mph is a pretty big margin. The GT really slows down after 80 mph or so. I ran it in Unbridled mode.

My second run was against a modified Grand National. Same deal, left it sitting but got walked down. Unbridled extend mode, slowest run. The car felt noticeably slower. I'm not sure why and I'm a little confused.

Last run was against a modified newer GTI. Unbridled mode, no extend. Brakes on, throttle to pre-load it and saw a message about reduced performance and to check the owner's manual. I cut my best 60' but didn't break 100 mph.

What I learned is that these things are gonna hurt some serious feelings on the street in a stop light race. The fact that they're completely quiet makes it worse for the victim. From a launch to 60 there aren't many ICE cars that'll keep up with it. After 80ish, however, prepare to be overtaken.

And disclaimer...please don't street race in any sort of traffic.

Ford Mustang Mach-E More Mach-E GT 1/4 mile track results 20210910_180310

Ford Mustang Mach-E More Mach-E GT 1/4 mile track results 20210910_213138

Ford Mustang Mach-E More Mach-E GT 1/4 mile track results 20210911_001404

Ford Mustang Mach-E More Mach-E GT 1/4 mile track results 20210910_221923

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Not bad.

You should really charge it up to 100% before hitting the drag strip, otherwise your times will suffer. The lower the battery gets, the longer the 1/4 mile times since the voltage is less. Wonder how much faster it would be at 100%.

Last edited:

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
Thanks for the info and thanks for getting to the track so fast after purchase! Looks like this more or less confirms all GT 1/4 mile track times for now are close to this (comparing with the previous GT PE numbers we have).

Times aren't bad and you certainly drove well it seems and in the right modes - my vote is there will be some kind of update to the car by/with-in Oct to help with those top number figures.. but that's just blind faith based on nothing other than for some (suspicious and unexplained) reason Ford is holding back media drives until October.

CharleyCarlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE In Production
Country flag
thank you for the info!

I think 1.865 60’ time is really good, especially if it’s while the car is throwing engine codes.

sounds like throttling with brake is the trick for launching, but it still drops off a cliff at highway speeds

I can’t recall if this actually beats the GTPE 60’ times we’ve seen.

Did you have 1PD turned off?

?

Dark Matter GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Country flag
Great post. Thanks for sharing. You did as good a job as can be done with these cars. It has to be them putting on the nannies so nothing gets stressed and blows before they are done their performance testing. Like was said they have to have this sorted before they release to the media. Hell, the media cars may get a performance update before our cars actually do.

EV Behr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer soon Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Truck driver
Country flag
Congrats on your runs, I hope Ford does an update soon to address the speed issue

OP
OP
Tommy303

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
A few other points: I doubt that being at 70% would affect the performance THAT much, but I could be wrong. My runs and the other GT PE, (from this site) were both around the same state of charge. There's certainly no place to charge it at the track, so unless it's trailered it isn't gonna be at 100%.

Could I have gone quicker if I would've lowered the tire pressure? Not sure, as I didn't have a problem with wheelspin...but maybe the throttle was reduced in the programming.
Lastly, trying to pre-load the throttle while being on the brakes at the line might have been an issue. I saw the message on my 3rd run, but that might have happened on all 3. I was concentrating on the lights. Maybe trying the, "Auto Hold" feature is a better idea? Again, not sure.

Oh, and why did Unbridled Extend make it run noticeably slower? That's a question I'm gonna wanna get to the bottom of...

One thing is for certain: above 80 mph there isn't much left in it. If I were to guess, I'd think 120-130 would be the top speed...and it would take awhile to get there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tommy303

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
thank you for the info!

I think 1.865 60’ time is really good, especially if it’s while the car is throwing engine codes.

sounds like throttling with brake is the trick for launching, but it still drops off a cliff at highway speeds

I can’t recall if this actually beats the GTPE 60’ times we’ve seen.

Did you have 1PD turned off?

?
I don't think it was throwing any codes, just that the message popped up. It launched hard and pulled as well as ever. But I DID try pre-loading it on all 3 runs. Maybe it's a bad idea.

I was really shocked that unbridled extend made it worse.

What's 1PD?

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I don't think it was throwing any codes, just that the message popped up. It launched hard and pulled as well as ever. But I DID try pre-loading it on all 3 runs. Maybe it's a bad idea.

I was really shocked that unbridled extend made it worse.

What's 1PD?
One Pedal Mode

SEMacheE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Super Duty, 2021 Premium Mach-E x4
Occupation
Military
Country flag
1PD = 1 pedal drive.

I have read some recommended turning it off at the track. I think the assumption is auto hold may be the reason for a delay in acceleration when you put the pedal to the floor. At least in the premium 4xE it seems like there is a delay with power delivery, but I haven't tried turning off 1PD.

Dark Matter GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Country flag
Some here feel that extended pulls from the top end to conserve charge so that you can track longer. Not a lot of room on most tracks to go balls out on a straight away and you normally need to break often for corners. The very opposite ideal condition for a drag strip where you need it all in one go. Makes sense to me why this is the last thing you want enabled at the strip. Probably the same mentality that went into the GT350.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Yeah I think the launch isn't the issue, so tire pressures, etc., Won't change anything. Like you said the acceleration drops off up high and that's why it's consistently 100mph for all of your pulls and also the other 1/4 mile pulls with the GTPE. At least we know these things are super consistent in runs though and if anything like you said the 0-60 will take out pretty much most cars on the road.

I think they're really going to have to do something about the top end power. I can see Matt Farah now trying to push multiple 50+ mph pulls in the canyon and saying how slow it feels at that speed.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
When more and more EVs come out I wonder how long it'll take for drag strips to get a charger online. Like you said you have to drive 45 miles to get there, there's not much you can do about the 70% charge when you arrive.

MachMachWhoThere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Iconic Silver
Country flag
A few other points: I doubt that being at 70% would affect the performance THAT much, but I could be wrong. My runs and the other GT PE, (from this site) were both around the same state of charge. There's certainly no place to charge it at the track, so unless it's trailered it isn't gonna be at 100%.

Could I have gone quicker if I would've lowered the tire pressure? Not sure, as I didn't have a problem with wheelspin...but maybe the throttle was reduced in the programming.
Lastly, trying to pre-load the throttle while being on the brakes at the line might have been an issue. I saw the message on my 3rd run, but that might have happened on all 3. I was concentrating on the lights. Maybe trying the, "Auto Hold" feature is a better idea? Again, not sure.

Oh, and why did Unbridled Extend make it run noticeably slower? That's a question I'm gonna wanna get to the bottom of...

One thing is for certain: above 80 mph there isn't much left in it. If I were to guess, I'd think 120-130 would be the top speed...and it would take awhile to get there.
Appreciate your research for the sake of all mankind on this critical topic! (Or at least for others with normal GTs in order like me!) ?

MachMachWhoThere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Iconic Silver
Country flag

Have you been just cruising at highway speeds and then punched it yet? Would be interested to know how much it has left in this scenario.
Sponsored