Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
What you’re saying could explain the trend in the tape.

Great 1.865 on 60’, But 5.137 at 330, which is not as quick as I’d expect from that 60’.

indicates it’s dropping off even by 30-40 mph.

Seems early to me to lose the rate of acceleration, but would match what you are saying.
These data come from a different forum, but they support your observation that the acceleration of the MME relative to the Tesla MY decreases at or before 40 mph. Just to add my 2 cents into the discussion about the MME GTPE losing acceleration at higher speeds, I averaged the GTPE 0-60 splits from pages 1 and 59, and compared them to the Model Y splits on page 60. I graphed the difference in time (0-10, 0-20, etc) versus speed. The graph shows clearly that the GTPE accelerates faster than the MY from 0-40 but then loses relative acceleration at 40 MPH (or a little earlier). It is so dramatic that it has to be software, not hardware causing this.

time-difference-png.png
Sponsored

Smurfunit

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Santa Cruz Tallboy
Country flag
Hopefully Ford follows some of Porsche's architecture in battery and transmission choices in the Shelby version. For the rest of us- it is disappointing that the regular AWD has better passing ability than the GT or GT Performance with a higher trap speed as well.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
There are many ICE cars that will outperform BEV's at the higher speeds with repeatable performance. A few years back, a new P100D was embarrassed on a 80-top speed by a garden variety 2011 Mustang GT Brembo with a 3.55 rear. The Tesla, to be fair had already completed some 1/4 mile runs on a warm day-nothing could touch it from a standing start ONCE or TWICE! Later on a closed course, from about 80 on, the Mustang pulled away. We chatted later and the Tesla owner was surprised at how fast a coyote mustang was! I believe the Porsche engineers have solved both the high end speed problems (2 speed) and the repeatability problems with their battery architecture and management systems. I am curious to see what Lucid will bring to the table as they definitely have the battery tech from Formula E and the original designer of the Model S.

Ford Mustang Mach-E More Mach-E GT 1/4 mile track results time-difference-
Perhaps racers among us should wait for
Mustang Cobra Jet 1400

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
It looks like a minor advantage for a significantly higher cost.

Ford Mustang Mach-E More Mach-E GT 1/4 mile track results 1631389204202
Not Porsche, Ford. I’d love to get access to the speed ramp and max speed parameters in the drives on the Mach-E.

I feel like Ford was so concerned about protecting durability that they were extremely cautious with the way they tuned every new thing on these cars. From charging curves to drive performance curves.

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
I can’t recall if this actually beats the GTPE 60’ times we’ve seen.

GTPEGT
1/4 mile: 12.657 sec @ 100.02mph
1000ft: 10.433 sec
1/8 mile: 8.03 sec @ 86.67 mph
330ft: 5.26 sec
60ft: 1.99 sec
1/4 mile: 12.685 @ 100.51mph
1000ft: 10.478
1/8 mile: 7.959 @ 86.64
330: 5.186
60ft: 1.916

SeanPlunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Weird requirement
Country flag
I was all set to order a Mach-E GTPE this weekend but this is giving me serious pause. It's not like I'm going to be drag racing every day, but at the price that Ford is asking for these it's seriously puzzling to see that something is causing them to effectively fall on their face after 60mph or so. This thing should run 12 flat, and it's disappointing to see it fall so far short of that.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
It looks like a minor advantage for a significantly higher cost.

Ah yes. But you’re forgetting that the Taycan 4S significantly overperforms it’s crap EPA range rating of 203 miles in highway tests by Edmunds and CD. In fact, Edmunds got like 323 miles. Owners that drive these on the autobahn in the Fatherland are no doubt happy.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/electric-car-range-and-consumption-epa-vs-edmunds.html

Meanwhile the Tesla S achieved only 10 miles more than the Taycan Turbo S in CD’s 75 mph highway testing. Even though the S P100D is/was EPA rated for about 134 more miles.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ca...an-turbo-s-vs-2020-tesla-model-s-performance/

So, the acceleration advantage of the 2-speed may not payoff until 120+mph or whatever but it does help highway cruising efficiency. As Porsche stated it would.

CharleyCarlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE In Production
Country flag
GTPEGT
1/4 mile: 12.657 sec @ 100.02mph
1000ft: 10.433 sec
1/8 mile: 8.03 sec @ 86.67 mph
330ft: 5.26 sec
60ft: 1.99 sec
1/4 mile: 12.685 @ 100.51mph
1000ft: 10.478
1/8 mile: 7.959 @ 86.64
330: 5.186
60ft: 1.916
the OP’s GT had one run that was even faster initially then slower to the 1/4, strangely.

Maybe there’s not really much difference from GT to GTPE on a straight line. looks like a lot of untapped potential here.

looks like both cars are dropping off even at 30-40 mph at a greater magnitude than tesla MYP.

Beyond my intelligence to explain, will keep watching for more info.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Oh, and why did Unbridled Extend make it run noticeably slower? That's a question I'm gonna wanna get to the bottom of...
Ford has explained Unbridled Extended mode as designed for more consistent laps at tracks. It doesn't allow as high a top end energy consumption and probably adjusts regen also. So, it makes sense that it would not be good for drag racing.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Ah yes. But you’re forgetting that the Taycan 4S significantly overperforms it’s crap EPA range rating of 203 miles in highway tests by Edmunds and CD. In fact, Edmunds got like 323 miles. Owners that drive these on the autobahn in the Fatherland are no doubt happy.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/electric-car-range-and-consumption-epa-vs-edmunds.html

Meanwhile the Tesla S achieved only 10 miles more than the Taycan Turbo S in CD’s 75 mph highway testing. Even though the S P100D is/was EPA rated for about 134 more miles.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ca...an-turbo-s-vs-2020-tesla-model-s-performance/

So, the acceleration advantage of the 2-speed may not payoff until 120+mph or whatever but it does help highway cruising efficiency. As Porsche stated it would.
There is a guy down the street from me who has a Taycan and paid close to $200K for it. Hard to compare this to a car that costs 1/4 the cost.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
These data come from a different forum, but they support your observation that the acceleration of the MME relative to the Tesla MY decreases at or before 40 mph. Just to add my 2 cents into the discussion about the MME GTPE losing acceleration at higher speeds, I averaged the GTPE 0-60 splits from pages 1 and 59, and compared them to the Model Y splits on page 60. I graphed the difference in time (0-10, 0-20, etc) versus speed. The graph shows clearly that the GTPE accelerates faster than the MY from 0-40 but then loses relative acceleration at 40 MPH (or a little earlier). It is so dramatic that it has to be software, not hardware causing this.

Why software??? Completely different manufacturers using completely different engine and drive train hardware.

Brazenbuck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE | Shelby GT500
Country flag
Serious question:

The Mach 1 runs 12.5-12.6. Did anyone honestly expect Ford to have the Mach e GT run quicker that the Mach 1?

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Why software??? Completely different manufacturers using completely different engine and drive train hardware.
Because, the motor is capable of well over 110 mph and it will make whatever torque it needs to get to speed. It is clearly being told by the software to not keep accelerating at max power.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Serious question:

The Mach 1 runs 12.5-12.6. Did anyone honestly expect Ford to have the Mach e GT run quicker that the Mach 1?
Yes. I did. When they said this was the fastest Mustang they’ve ever built.
Sponsored