Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Bottom line from all of this is that there is no way Ford made a performance model that is slower in a roll race (real world highway entry) then the standard model. Marketing disaster if it's true. My guess is software fix coming shortly before car magazine reviews. Otherwise the original people who want it will get theirs, then sales will plummet.
The problem with that logic is that magazine reviews are written a month or more before they ever see a mailbox or store shelf. if Ford hasn’t already supplied a GTPE to a given magazine, the magazine has acquired one for testing purposes through other means already.
Sponsored

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Except it's already sorted, exactly as Ford chose to sort it.
If Ford “sorted it” so a premium 4x traps higher than a GT, let alone a GT PERFORMANCE EDITION (which by its very name implies high performance), then someone has forgotten how cars, and pony cars in particular, actually work.

If they wanted to “sort it” this way, they should have detuned the 4x premium to trap 98.why on earth would someone pay a premium for a slower car?

If this stands, my First Edition is both faster, AND more efficient than the GTPE. One or the other is ok. Both is the punchline to a very bad dad joke.

Mach C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Performance Nov. 2021
Country flag
I'm X233, base GT with 72% charge.

I didn't do any prep, no air pressure changes, no cooling, nothing. I drove 45 miles to the track, went through tech and straight onto the dragstrip. 1st run was against a Hellcat Challenger. I left him at the light looking silly but he caught me and went flying by. 15 mph is a pretty big margin. The GT really slows down after 80 mph or so. I ran it in Unbridled mode.

My second run was against a modified Grand National. Same deal, left it sitting but got walked down. Unbridled extend mode, slowest run. The car felt noticeably slower. I'm not sure why and I'm a little confused.

Last run was against a modified newer GTI. Unbridled mode, no extend. Brakes on, throttle to pre-load it and saw a message about reduced performance and to check the owner's manual. I cut my best 60' but didn't break 100 mph.

What I learned is that these things are gonna hurt some serious feelings on the street in a stop light race. The fact that they're completely quiet makes it worse for the victim. From a launch to 60 there aren't many ICE cars that'll keep up with it. After 80ish, however, prepare to be overtaken.

And disclaimer...please don't street race in any sort of traffic.

20210910_180310.jpg

20210910_213138.jpg

20210911_001404.jpg

20210910_221923.jpg
I'm X233, base GT with 72% charge.

I didn't do any prep, no air pressure changes, no cooling, nothing. I drove 45 miles to the track, went through tech and straight onto the dragstrip. 1st run was against a Hellcat Challenger. I left him at the light looking silly but he caught me and went flying by. 15 mph is a pretty big margin. The GT really slows down after 80 mph or so. I ran it in Unbridled mode.

My second run was against a modified Grand National. Same deal, left it sitting but got walked down. Unbridled extend mode, slowest run. The car felt noticeably slower. I'm not sure why and I'm a little confused.

Last run was against a modified newer GTI. Unbridled mode, no extend. Brakes on, throttle to pre-load it and saw a message about reduced performance and to check the owner's manual. I cut my best 60' but didn't break 100 mph.

What I learned is that these things are gonna hurt some serious feelings on the street in a stop light race. The fact that they're completely quiet makes it worse for the victim. From a launch to 60 there aren't many ICE cars that'll keep up with it. After 80ish, however, prepare to be overtaken.

And disclaimer...please don't street race in any sort of traffic.

20210910_180310.jpg

20210910_213138.jpg

20210911_001404.jpg

20210910_221923.jpg

one5460

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MazdaSpeed 3
Country flag
The Tesla hacks worked because the vendor used the same programming Tesla used in their boost update (50hp) and Performance model (150hp). And the 150hp only worked with the early release AWD LRs that had the same rear motor as the Performance. Newer model years had a different motor which excluded them from the 150hp mod. The 50hp (which Tesla sells as their boost upgrade)worked on all LR AWDs.

And of course as mentioned already, warranty and OTA were issues although they (Ingenext) found a way around the OTA problem, but it wasn't a simple process for the owners.

I would assume hacking the GT would be along the same lines, the only difference here is there are no reference mods that we know of (like Tesla's boost for example) to work with. So it would have to be someone very knowledgeable about the hardware / software to program it without causing damage. Or a 3rd party like Ingenext developing a mod from scratch.

It is unlikely Ford is leaving room on the table for a their performance division to sell modifications, but who knows. I guess the first question would be if the motors / inverters can handle more voltage / current safely.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
If Ford “sorted it” so a premium 4x traps higher than a GT, let alone a GT PERFORMANCE EDITION (which by its very name implies high performance), then someone has forgotten how cars, and pony cars in particular, actually work.

If they wanted to “sort it” this way, they should have detuned the 4x premium to trap 98.why on earth would someone pay a premium for a slower car?

If this stands, my First Edition is both faster, AND more efficient than the GTPE. One or the other is ok. Both is the punchline to a very bad dad joke.
I agree it's dumb. But the fact remains, Ford did this, and Ford knows they did this.

I think it's unlikely we'll see a 'fix'. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I will not be holding my breath.

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
I agree it's dumb. But the fact remains, Ford did this, and Ford knows they did this.

I think it's unlikely we'll see a 'fix'. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I will not be holding my breath.
If it stands as is , whoever is in charge of the Mach e at ford should be fired instantly. What a horrible marketing tactic. Imagine Honda selling a civic Si that's slower then the regular civic? Or a Z06 that was slower then a base vette??? Makes absolutely zero sense. Marketing disaster. My guess they didn't want to delay the cars any more and are working on a fix. My order is awaiting chip. If 6 week delay holds up it will be sometime in November. I will not be taking it if they don't fix it. Most important part of a cars power is passing speeds and overtake. The GT has none!!

vakane

First Name
Rinel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Kia Optima, 2006 Toyota Corolla, 1970 Ford mustang
Occupation
banker
Country flag
MYPs are been delivered in 3 weeks….
I’ll switch just to show Ford as a consumer that they need to keep us informed.

if they stay quiet I’m gone.
If they let us know a fix is in the works then I’ll hang tight.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Most expensive roof I've heard of on a car.
;)Well, I admit I also prefer the GT's looks, firmer (I hope) suspension, and the extra quickness off the line (though I'll rarely use it, and never need it).

But avoiding the glass roof was actually the #1 reason for my selection.

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I happen to have a friend who works for a tuning company, I'm grabbing him a stock flash today, he'll see what he can see and if they can do anything they'll be able to do the Premium and GT versions...

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
;)Well, I admit I also prefer the GT's looks, firmer (I hope) suspension, and the extra quickness off the line (though I'll rarely use it, and never need it).

But avoiding the glass roof was actually the #1 reason for my selection.
I went with a Select AWD, standard range, no comfort package for many of these same reasons... minimized weight with SR battery and steel roof. got light aftermarket wheels, and aftermarket seats I like. Pretty dang snappy performance 0-90mph for under $50k, which really is what I wanted at what I could afford. ;)

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I went with a Select AWD, standard range, no comfort package for many of these same reasons... minimized weight with SR battery and steel roof. got light aftermarket wheels, and aftermarket seats I like. Pretty dang snappy performance 0-90mph for under $50k, which really is what I wanted at what I could afford. ;)
Yes, I could be pretty happy with the Select AWD plus Technology package. And I might still be able to find one in Infinite Blue...

vakane

First Name
Rinel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Kia Optima, 2006 Toyota Corolla, 1970 Ford mustang
Occupation
banker
Country flag
I happen to have a friend who works for a tuning company, I'm grabbing him a stock flash today, he'll see what he can see and if they can do anything they'll be able to do the Premium and GT versions...
???????
Sponsored