Rinel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Kia Optima, 2006 Toyota Corolla, 1970 Ford mustang
Occupation
banker
Country flag
I don't think Ford makes a nickel on this model. They'll likely be losing money on every sale for years to come.
i promise you that they intend to lose as little as possible on these things… and it’s not losing but investing…

mans if you’re a shareholder and see reports that Ford dumps millions in R&D into a car and it FLOPS well money leaves fords pockets..

they DO NOT want this spilling out and that’s why there’s a gag on “reviews” even though the car is out in the streets since July.
Sponsored

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
i promise you that they intend to lose as little as possible on these things… and it’s not losing but investing…
Well nobody doubts THAT. It's ALWAYS better to lose less money than to lose more money. :)
mans if you’re a shareholder and see reports that Ford dumps millions in R&D into a car and it FLOPS well money leaves fords pockets..
Eh. They sell every electric Mustang they make almost immediately. Ford can - and will - claim the car is a success.
they DO NOT want this spilling out and that’s why there’s a gag on “reviews” even though the car is out in the streets since July.
Perhaps.

OP
OP
Tommy303

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Shelby GT 500, '88 T-Bird TC, '19 Shelby F-150
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
And....great looking ride! Just wondering, is it the iconic silver or carbonized gray? My ordered MME-PE is iconic silver with the platinum gray interior. Haven't seen any in the wild yet.
It's Iconic Silver, Tomcat. I think the color is amazing, especially when the car is super clean and under various lighting conditions.

OP
OP
Tommy303

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
That is quick. 3.87 seconds almost matches the manufacturer's claim, despite a significant uphill slope.
I'm gonna try again today once it gets to 100%. Hopefully I'll get to a road that is closer to begin level.

OP
OP
Tommy303

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
I have a GT ordered with a build date in October. While the 1/4 mile results so far are disappointing, I plan on sticking with it. In terms of full disclosure, I have no plans to take the car to a track. Having said that, what matters to me is acceleration while merging onto the highway as well as passing. Over 90% of my commute is highway driving.

What I’m left wondering is whether there is a difference in the vehicle’s performance when going from 0-100 (ie full throttle for over 12s) and cruising along at 40 then punching it up to 70 or 70 and then punching up to 80. If there really is a software limitation, would it really be applied to normal driving conditions? What have GT/GTPE owners noticed in day to day driving?
When you're passing from 40-70, you've gotta make sure that you're already getting into the next lane or you'll completely slaughter the car in front of you. The power delivery when stomping it at 40 mph is amazing. From 70-80 it's still pretty impressive. For those owners that will be driving on the highways and are more concerned with it's power delivery up to 80, you WILL NOT be disappointed. It just seems to fall on it's face after that.

OP
OP
Tommy303

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
OP
OP
Tommy303

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
Maybe that’s the trick, you have to drive uphill, but it only works on the second Sunday of the month.

Looks like we will have to wait another month for someone to try again.
Perhaps it's my massive girth as I'm 6'4" and closing in on 280 pounds. Less tires spin perhaps? Or maybe the car knew I was running late for work and gave a little more effort....lol

OP
OP
Tommy303

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
Next time I will pay more attention to more than just the number lol, still when you live up in the hills 6.5% is going to look flat as a pancake to me ;) So it may appear that I may be able to get good 50-70 times but only when heading in on direction lol.
Hell, the road looked flat as a pancake to me and I'm in Okla-freakin-homa! :D

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
When you're passing from 40-70, you've gotta make sure that you're already getting into the next lane or you'll completely slaughter the car in front of you. The power delivery when stomping it at 40 mph is amazing. From 70-80 it's still pretty impressive. For those owners that will be driving on the highways and are more concerned with it's power delivery up to 80, you WILL NOT be disappointed. It just seems to fall on it's face after that.
Have you gone into your Dragy app and set up custom runs to capture highway roll info.? You can set as many diff. Mph-mph data captures as you want.

OP
OP
Tommy303

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
Have you gone into your Dragy app and set up custom runs to capture highway roll info.? You can set as many diff. Mph-mph data captures as you want.
No I haven't. That was my very first time using it...lol. I'll try to set it up and watch a few tutorials.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Raptor | 15 SS | 86 SVO | 65 350R Resto | GTPE
Country flag
Who was that? It wasn't me.

Did I miss something? Who got that time? That wasn't me. I'm going to get a better run in today though, once it gets to 100%.
I figured there was sarcasm there, given the slope % :p As long as all your tests are done on the same road, it's still great data to reference. When time allows curious if the 1 pedal OFF has any bearing, also some GT500 dragy blasts on that same stretch of road for reference might be mandatory ;)

? Cheers for doing the legwork for us, The more dragys the merrier

Colt

First Name
Aundre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I'm X233, base GT with 72% charge.

I didn't do any prep, no air pressure changes, no cooling, nothing. I drove 45 miles to the track, went through tech and straight onto the dragstrip. 1st run was against a Hellcat Challenger. I left him at the light looking silly but he caught me and went flying by. 15 mph is a pretty big margin. The GT really slows down after 80 mph or so. I ran it in Unbridled mode.

My second run was against a modified Grand National. Same deal, left it sitting but got walked down. Unbridled extend mode, slowest run. The car felt noticeably slower. I'm not sure why and I'm a little confused.

Last run was against a modified newer GTI. Unbridled mode, no extend. Brakes on, throttle to pre-load it and saw a message about reduced performance and to check the owner's manual. I cut my best 60' but didn't break 100 mph.

What I learned is that these things are gonna hurt some serious feelings on the street in a stop light race. The fact that they're completely quiet makes it worse for the victim. From a launch to 60 there aren't many ICE cars that'll keep up with it. After 80ish, however, prepare to be overtaken.

And disclaimer...please don't street race in any sort of traffic.

Ford Mustang Mach-E More Mach-E GT 1/4 mile track results Screenshot_20210912-103054

Ford Mustang Mach-E More Mach-E GT 1/4 mile track results Screenshot_20210912-103054

First off, congratulations! I have a Mach E SELECT AWD and i was dying to know ANY results regarding a GT version. Thanks for the info! For what its worth, when i was testing out my 0- 60, my tire pressure (originally 39) was 40/ 41, UNBRIDLED, and NO TRACTION CONTROL. Best set up i had.

sookestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Yea but if car and driver and autoblog both post some to the likes of…

it clocked 3,5 0 to 60 and 12.6 in the 1/4

the game willbe over for the GT model…. I can assure you people are expecting a 12 flat IF NOT a high 11 car….
No one is saying it that way but I’m saying it out loud.
You can’t mock the MYP and then not beat it…
Remember when the coyote mustang came out? It had its sights set clearly on the M3

it went on to match or beat anytime the m3 had anywhere without the shadow of a doubt.
So something is wrong because Ford was targeting the MYP and at 12.6 it just isn’t even close and if the masses find out it’s gong to hurt the pocket of Ford real bad AND drive lots of folks into a Tesla because of the lack of choices…
Spoken like someone who is into numbers and track racing.

Many EV purchasers, myself included, are not purchasing these PE Mustangs to be used as such and will not be intimidated by the other brands and numbers.

These are daily drivers cars with outstanding 0-60 performance which will blow the doors off 90% of ICE vehicles on the road.

This is their target. We’ve even heard from people that do track their cars that there isn’t even a charger present.

I get that people who are into performance and numbers are disappointed. I have read all these threads and clearly FORD dropped the ball for ya’ll. But for the majority of those purchasing this for daily driving this car drives hard and is more than enough to get racing tickets and reckless driving charges.
Sponsored