harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
So, is all this suggesting that the GT is able to run a decent 0-100 or quarter-mile, so long as you run it in pieces and add up the times?

But a single quarter-mile run will still poop out at ~100mph?
Plus, I was just trying to get an idea of what it's capable of since people were asking about and more interested in the pull at higher speeds....so even if you added a couple of seconds to those times (to get above 100mph in a 1/4), I don't see how that would be a problem based on my numbers, even Frankensteined together for now.
Sponsored

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Plus, I was just trying to get an idea of what it's capable of since people were asking about and more interested in the pull at higher speeds....so even if you added a couple of seconds to those times (to get above 100mph in a 1/4), I don't see how that would be a problem based on my numbers, even Frankensteined together for now.
Yeah and this really does answer a lot of questions, specifically does starting at 50 make a difference?

Assuming you get the same 100mph 1/4 mile, then yes it's not an issue with acceleration over 50mph, it's an issue with longer sustained acceleration. Which means it's being throttled back to save the battery or some other reason.

The 70+ mph may also be a separate issue where they throttle it back no matter what at higher speeds for some reason.

CharleyCarlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE In Production
Country flag
So, is all this suggesting that the GT is able to run a decent 0-100 or quarter-mile, so long as you run it in pieces and add up the times?

But a single quarter-mile run will still poop out at ~100mph?
Will out perform the MYP*

*for up to 2.5 seconds

Joking aside, I still prefer the GTPE, hoping there truly is potential for performance improvements.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
It seems that some people in this thread may not have seen this review that I found in the Reviews thread, concerning the GT.

It is interesting. If you just want to see the performance part, go to about 7:00 in the video, and watch the speedometer. The reviewer is more than satisfied with the GT performance, and he reviewed a Tesla earlier.

Tomcat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Grabber Blue AWD Premium ER
Occupation
Product Engineer
Country flag
It's Iconic Silver, Tomcat. I think the color is amazing, especially when the car is super clean and under various lighting conditions.
It is amazing looking! Bet you get lots of gawkers. I was a little on the fence with seeing some simulated pics but yours sold me that I made the right choice. Can't wait to get it even though it may be next year now.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Yeah and this really does answer a lot of questions, specifically does starting at 50 make a difference?

Assuming you get the same 100mph 1/4 mile, then yes it's not an issue with acceleration over 50mph, it's an issue with longer sustained acceleration. Which means it's being throttled back to save the battery or some other reason.

The 70+ mph may also be a separate issue where they throttle it back no matter what at higher speeds for some reason.
There may be some throttling going on to help with the range, the original estimates where 235 and we now have an epa figure of 260, would prefer that any throttling back be the domain of peoples feet on the go pedal as those with lead feet will get maximum acceleration at the cost of range which seems acceptable to me.

Will be curious to see if out side temps are having a negative impact as we now have times across a wide delta from just dipping under 2 :) to times in the high 2 :( for 50-70mph you would expect issues in the cold but wonder if those of us that have plenty of 100+f summer days are also going to be slowed down some what.

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
It seems that some people in this thread may not have seen this review that I found in the Reviews thread, concerning the GT.

It is interesting. If you just want to see the performance part, go to about 7:00 in the video, and watch the speedometer. The reviewer is more than satisfied with the GT performance, and he reviewed a Tesla earlier.

Seriously??,,

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
There may be some throttling going on to help with the range, the original estimates where 235 and we now have an epa figure of 260, would prefer that any throttling back be the domain of peoples feet on the go pedal as those with lead feet will get maximum acceleration at the cost of range which seems acceptable to me.

Will be curious to see if out side temps are having a negative impact as we now have times across a wide delta from just dipping under 2 :) to times in the high 2 :( for 50-70mph you would expect issues in the cold but wonder if those of us that have plenty of 100+f summer days are also going to be slowed down some what.
Dialing back power at full throttle would have no impact on EPA range because no EPA range testing hits full throttle.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Yeah……. Not sure what help that video is.
Guy just does 0-60 in what appears to be about 4 seconds.
It’s not much help except to people who will buy based on a YouTuber saying “yep, it’s got plenty of giddyup!”. Subjective impressions are good, but objective results are needed where the GT/PE are concerned.

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Oh God please don't let cars go the way of computer gaming. Release an unfinished product knowing you'll be releasing patches for the next year to get it up to the expected release.
I don't think that is an accurate comparison. The product is finished and ready for release, but that doesn't mean it will have reached the upper limit of it's capabilities in a 1.0 release. These cars are so dependent on software it is inevitable that later releases will improve performance and functionality. Now the battery/software glitches that result in cars shutting off and staying at the dealership for weeks at a time is probably closer to what you are describing.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I don't think that is an accurate comparison. The product is finished and ready for release, but that doesn't mean it will have reached the upper limit of it's capabilities in a 1.0 release. These cars are so dependent on software it is inevitable that later releases will improve performance and functionality. Now the battery/software glitches that result in cars shutting off and staying at the dealership for weeks at a time is probably closer to what you are describing.
It’s been beaten to death already but I’ll restate it one more time. A GT MME is not finished and ready for release trapping less mph in the 1/4 mile than a regular 4X, it just isn’t. There’s a problem that requires fixing. This isn’t a case of making continuous improvements to increase speed/range etc. Two very different things.

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It’s been beaten to death already but I’ll restate it one more time. A GT MME is not finished and ready for release trapping less mph in the 1/4 mile than a regular 4X, it just isn’t. There’s a problem that requires fixing. This isn’t a case of making continuous improvements to increase speed/range etc. Two very different things.
This, 100%. My delivery is scheduled for late October. If this is not resolved by then, I am going to refuse delivery of my GTPE. I am not paying 70k for a car with a flaw like this.

If it is software related then I will get another GTPE later. If it is hardware related then I will wait for a real "Performance" vehicle from Ford.

Or I'll just buy the GT500 I really want and tell my wife too bad, so sad. The GTPE was supposed to be the compromise between weekly daily driver for her and weekend toy for me. If it is missing the toy aspect, I'm 100% out.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Yeah……. Not sure what help that video is.
Guy just does 0-60 in what appears to be about 4 seconds.
In my admittedly not at all scientific research with my iphone stopwatch, I measured it 6 times and average his acceleration with my hand reaction at 4.34 seconds 0-60 by watching the speedometer
Sponsored