blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
So where are we at? Still not a single 3.5 to 60 run and 101 mph is still the highest trap speed? Still no word from Ford. Still nothing from major automotive media.
We've had a few in the 3.6's haven't we? I mean we're splitting hairs if that's the case, and not really something to complain about. The 1/4 mile is really the issue and at this point ford isn't going to say anything until reviewers do their reviews or until they fully fix it.
Sponsored

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
I thought the best we’ve had is a 3.69 or something which is a 3.7. If the car literally never runs a 3.5 I’d say it’s still something to complain about but the embarrassing trap speed is obviously the worse failure.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
We've had a few in the 3.6's haven't we? I mean we're splitting hairs if that's the case, and not really something to complain about. The 1/4 mile is really the issue and at this point ford isn't going to say anything until reviewers do their reviews or until they fully fix it.
The standard GT is outperforming it’s quoted 3.8 0-60 (with rollout obviously). We still don’t have a huge set of data but I’m not worried about the 0-60 for either model.

There’s really nothing we can do now but wait until the media drives in October to see if changes are made to the top end.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Not that there's really anything we can do then, either...
Lol true, but at least we can stop speculating about whether or not Ford will make any changes after that. They’re not going to let the professionals drive the car and write hundreds of articles about it unless they’re satisfied with the performance they’re getting out of it.

Dear1nc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Country flag
Lol true, but at least we can stop speculating about whether or not Ford will make any changes after that. They’re not going to let the professionals drive the car and write hundreds of articles about it unless they’re satisfied with the performance they’re getting out of it.
I'm sure the reviewers will give it rave reviews. They aren't going to be running a 1/4 mile. Ford sounds like they have control and they will have them running around a twisty track which is perfect for that car.

physib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Yeah but when was the last time you hear a reviewer talk about trap speed?

tburns6

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GTPE DMG
Occupation
Network Nerd
Country flag
Guess we better hope that Motorweek makes a big deal about it...

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Every decent review will have 1/4 mile times and traps. The only way they wouldn't comment on the fact that the Mustang GT Performance Edition is 10 mph slower through the traps than the VOLVO is if, as has already been mentioned, Ford doesn't allow them to run it in the 1/4 mile, in which case we all know why.

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Raptor | 15 SS | 86 SVO | 65 350R Resto | GTPE
Country flag
Nice, Keep at it @Tommy303 ! ...Still waiitng on gt500 comparables too ;) :p

What color and options? LOL i'll happily take it!!! I'm in the Detroit area!
Show up for the test drive and be like so you don't mind my hooking up this dragy right? I gotta get the 0-60, 50-70, 60-90, and also full 1/4 mile before I make my decision.
I waited this long, my cards are on the table to play the hand... It actually arrived to the dealer early yesterday AM, should be on trailer to me today or tomorrow. Modded a go pro mount specifically for the dragy, so ready to roll

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
All the time, actually. And they will definitely comment on a perceived “lack of acceleration as speeds increase”. And they will also line it up against the Tesla MYP and LR. So, yeah. Edmunds and MT will get trap speeds and Throttle House and Edmunds will line it up against the Y for sure. 100%. And so will the EV channels.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
All the time, actually. And they will definitely comment on a perceived “lack of acceleration as speeds increase”. And they will also line it up against the Tesla MYP and LR. So, yeah. Edmunds and MT will get trap speeds and Throttle House and Edmunds will line it up against the Y for sure. 100%. And so will the EV channels.
Yup!

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I'm sure the reviewers will give it rave reviews. They aren't going to be running a 1/4 mile. Ford sounds like they have control and they will have them running around a twisty track which is perfect for that car.
Many reviewers run 1/4 miles and report trap speeds. If Ford says no 1/4s at the media drive they might as well shoot themselves in the foot while they’re at it. That would be the biggest red flag ever at the launch of a Mustang badged Performance edition EV.
Sponsored