Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
What is this, he couldn't be bothered to post an appropriate sum up of our 98 pages of rants?

Weak reporting lol. Pretty awesome though that this is out there and also a notable outlet has contacted ford directly for an answer, even if they don't get a reply. It's starting to make a real push towards a result.

Little ol' macheforums pushing the train forward one rant at a time.
I would say this is the most important line in the article: “The Drive has contacted Ford regarding this debate and will update in due course. “

Kind of a “hey Ford, feel free to set us straight….”

I really really appreciate that from The Drive.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
This issue has been picked up in the F150 Lightning forums as well with folks going to the Lightning your events planning to ask the Ford reps about it and if the Lightning would have the same (lackluster) performance

Xenotet

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 Ford Focus ST, ‘21 Toyota Venza Ltd
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Country flag
Are there any consequences to the brake-hold launch? Is the motor battling against the brakes while performing this?

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
Are there any consequences to the brake-hold launch? Is the motor battling against the brakes while performing this?
Yes the motor is. A little wear and tear but minimal.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
If you do the brake hold for a second too long it pops up a warning message saying something like "AWD Performance has been reduced."

I'm not convinced the brake hold helps at all and if it does make a difference it's definitely not a big difference.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you do the brake hold for a second too long it pops up a warning message saying something like "AWD Performance has been reduced."

I'm not convinced the brake hold helps at all and if it does make a difference it's definitely not a big difference.
Looking at my numbers yesterday, it accounted for about a quarter second reduction in rollout time 0-60.

The next thing I want to test is partial throttle while holding first most or full throttle. I want to try and make sure a Nannie isn't holding back the motor while brake holding.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Looking at my numbers yesterday, it accounted for about a quarter second reduction in rollout time 0-60.

The next thing I want to test is partial throttle while holding first most or full throttle. I want to try and make sure a Nannie isn't holding back the motor while brake holding.
If you're comparing it to your over half a second of rollout run though that isn't reasonable. Nobody else has gotten runs with that much rollout. All my runs without brake standing are less than 0.3 seconds of rollout so obviously I'm not going to drop 0.25 seconds of rollout off that. 0t60-3.5s runs also all had 0.3 second of rollout or less (some less than 0.25).

If you've only had one run like that then it's an outlier and should be ignored. If you've had a bunch of runs with 0.5+ seconds of rollout I'd check your technique or the pavement conditions or make sure your dragy is working properly.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
I started compiling all of the 60 and 1/4 runs into an Excel spreadsheet (I don't think this has been done yet?) and that 0-60 of yours is actually slower in real time than all of 0t60-3.5's runs but "faster" than all of his runs with the extra rollout.

I've got times so far for you, me, Tommy303, and 0t60, who am I forgetting?

MachMachWhoThere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Iconic Silver
Country flag
This issue has been picked up in the F150 Lightning forums as well with folks going to the Lightning your events planning to ask the Ford reps about it and if the Lightning would have the same (lackluster) performance
Got a recommended Lightning forum that’s as great as this community? Just reserved one of those too!

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I started compiling all of the 60 and 1/4 runs into an Excel spreadsheet (I don't think this has been done yet?) and that 0-60 of yours is actually slower in real time than all of 0t60-3.5's runs but "faster" than all of his runs with the extra rollout.

I've got times so far for you, me, Tommy303, and 0t60, who am I forgetting?
Excellent idea! I'm happy to capture all my runs into a spreadsheet, or even into yours if you have a Google Sheets you want to share with me. I can send you my Google account name if you want to go that route. Otherwise, I can capture them and send. I was (quickly) looking at a couple of my runs from yesterday and the ones with no brake hold do appear to have about 0.5 seconds on the rollout times. I'll try to test to see if I can figure out why (whether it's the auto-brake taking a moment, traction, traction control, etc).

OP
OP
Tommy303

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Shelby GT 500, '88 T-Bird TC, '19 Shelby F-150
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
Excellent idea! I'm happy to capture all my runs into a spreadsheet, or even into yours if you have a Google Sheets you want to share with me. I can send you my Google account name if you want to go that route. Otherwise, I can capture them and send. I was (quickly) looking at a couple of my runs from yesterday and the ones with no brake hold do appear to have about 0.5 seconds on the rollout times. I'll try to test to see if I can figure out why (whether it's the auto-brake taking a moment, traction, traction control, etc).
GREAT info Harry, thank you! I've got this weekend off and I'm going to try to get a bunch of testing done as well. The more info that you, Frankie and everyone else that's number crunching have, the better. I'm still holding out hope that Ford has something in the works for the car.

Have you messed with the tire pressure yet?

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
GREAT info Harry, thank you! I've got this weekend off and I'm going to try to get a bunch of testing done as well. The more info that you, Frankie and everyone else that's number crunching have, the better. I'm still holding out hope that Ford has something in the works for the car.

Have you messed with the tire pressure yet?
I have not but I've been meaning to set that! It's been running at 41psi since I took delivery. I do think if I drop it to the 39psi factory recommendation that it will handle even better and hop less in hard corners.

Last edited:

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Raptor | 15 SS | 86 SVO | 65 350R Resto | GTPE
Country flag
Great idea guys, the google sheets might work best for sharing. Maybe we start a separate thread once its ironed out?

Thought id have info to share by now, but hope to take possession of my GT by this weekend to contribute to the cause

I started compiling all of the 60 and 1/4 runs into an Excel spreadsheet (I don't think this has been done yet?)
Excellent idea! I'm happy to capture all my runs into a spreadsheet, or even into yours if you have a Google Sheets you want to share with me.
Sponsored