Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Yep.

CD 4X testing: 0-60: 4.9 0-100: 12.7 = 7.8

Motor Trend 0-60: 4.8 0-100: 12.4 = 7.6

GTs: 0-60: 3.6-3.7 0-100: 12.2-12.5 = 8.6-8.9.

??‍♂ Oops.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/...-model-y-electric-suv-comparison-test-review/

Ouch...That hurts. Hope Ford can issue a fix. The silver lining is that I ordered in July, so I still have 4+ month before delivery to decide.

With the instant torque of EV, I find that the 0-60 sweet spot is in the 3.5-4sec range, faster than that can be nauseating. But 60-100 at 8.6 is simply unacceptable at this price tag. So basically paying 15k more fore a 1 sec faster 0-60 and upgrade wheels and mag ride suspension, but slower real world passing power and range. That's a hard pill to swallow.
Sponsored

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Ouch...That hurts. Hope Ford can issue a fix. The silver lining is that I ordered in July, so I still have 4+ month before delivery to decide.

With the instant torque of EV, I find that the 0-60 sweet spot is in the 3.5-4sec range, faster than that can be nauseating. But 60-100 at 8.6 is simply unacceptable at this price tag. So basically paying 15k more fore a 1 sec faster 0-60 and upgrade wheels and mag ride suspension, but slower real world passing power and range. That's a hard pill to swallow.
Caveat: We do have to remember that taking the 60-100mph times for the GTs from 1/4 mile runs is going to be worst case due to the “throttling” issue they’re experiencing during a full 1/4 mile run. As we’ve seen, GT owners that get roll-on times from 50-70 or 70-100 are cutting about a second off the times. Plus GTs are seeing 1.5 and 2.0 30-50 and 50-70 times respectively, so they’re def gonna walk off from a 4X that runs 2.0/2.8. Still not acceptable, but better.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Caveat: We do have to remember that taking the 60-100mph times for the GTs from 1/4 mile runs is going to be worst case due to the “throttling” issue they’re experiencing during a full 1/4 mile run. As we’ve seen, GT owners that get roll-on times from 50-70 or 70-100 are cutting about a second off the times. Still not acceptable, but better.

Sure, but are there any runs of the 4x of just 60-100 roll? Is the 4x also throttled when doing quarter mile runs? Would love to compare apples to apples.

I wonder if this can't be fix from a simple OTA update, will there be a mechanical fix (better battery cooling perhaps?) for 2022? Maybe it would be better if I cancel and reorder a 2022. Tough, tough decision.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
How does media embargo work? From my limited understanding, I thought reviewers are given a vehicle to review, but can't publish results after a certain date. Do embargo prevent media outlets from publishing reviews of vehicles they source themselves?

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag
How does media embargo work? From my limited understanding, I thought reviewers are given a vehicle to review, but can't publish results after a certain date. Do embargo prevent media outlets from publishing reviews of vehicles they source themselves?
Just think if they were able to secure a vehicle for an extensive review before Ford's embargo is lifted, Ford would suspend the Reviewer and not allow them to review any other Ford vehicles. Too high of a risk for the "professional" reviewers I guess.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Just think if they were able to secure a vehicle for an extensive review before Ford's embargo is lifted, Ford would suspend the Reviewer and not allow them to review any other Ford vehicles. Too high of a risk for the "professional" reviewers I guess.
Some reviewers get enough shit from companies just for doing a couple bad reviews, let alone sourcing their own vehicle and getting an early review out. They'd definitely be banned from that company.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Some reviewers get enough shit from companies just for doing a couple bad reviews, let alone sourcing their own vehicle and getting an early review out. They'd definitely be banned from that company.
I was thinking someone like Doug DeMuro who gets most of his car to review from non-corporate sources. Also there are a lot of smaller reviewers who aren't on Ford's radar who would get a tons of views if they were the first to review the GT.

We need this to reach mainstream to force Ford's hand.

ate2aqtr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Cybertruck, Passport, 17Jeep 11 odyse
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I think they will fix with a drag mode on both GT and GTPE as they look at cooling time and temps of those running 1/4 mile and posting on the forum. Realistically they may target 11.9x and approximately a 112-115 trap speed. With our extra weight vs MYP those numbers would make everyone happy except those whom will explore the tuner path to push the envelope. I can also see a mode(track) allowing another 10 mph top speed for the GTPE to make it able to access more speed on tracks with long straights(nrbg). In Drag Mode I could see a 10+/- minute cool down to keep battery and motors safe. So looking forward to track and drag modes once enough information/data is gathered and testing is finished. I imagine the fix will be sent out before the embargo is lifted and the official reviews are made. My crystal ball

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I think they will fix with a drag mode on both GT and GTPE as they look at cooling time and temps of those running 1/4 mile and posting on the forum. Realistically they may target 11.9x and approximately a 112-115 trap speed. With our extra weight vs MYP those numbers would make everyone happy except those whom will explore the tuner path to push the envelope. I can also see a mode(track) allowing another 10 mph top speed for the GTPE to make it able to access more speed on tracks with long straights(nrbg). In Drag Mode I could see a 10+/- minute cool down to keep battery and motors safe. So looking forward to track and drag modes once enough information/data is gathered and testing is finished. I imagine the fix will be sent out before the embargo is lifted and the official reviews are made. My crystal ball
The top speed is going to down to a limitation of the gearing, the rear motor unit is shared across the range, in the media release about the IDM is the peak revs of 13800, the motor at a guess could probably spin much faster without issue while I would not be surprised if the gearbox has limitations in regards to durablity targets ford wants to reach and having a unique gearbox for the GT was probably not an option cost wise.

So while 124mph is weak sauce by performance car standards, I don't think any one would mind if it we got rapid acceleration all the way to 124mph and hit that limit, apart from those on the 'mexican highway' or on the autobahn 124mph is fine, even if it could manage 155mph you are still going to be holding up the fast cars on the autobahn .

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
even if it could manage 155mph you are still going to be holding up the fast cars on the autobahn .
Electric cars running at 155 mph need to exit every few miles to recharge. You want an ICE car if you're traveling any real distance on the autobahn.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Sure, but are there any runs of the 4x of just 60-100 roll? Is the 4x also throttled when doing quarter mile runs? Would love to compare apples to apples.

I wonder if this can't be fix from a simple OTA update, will there be a mechanical fix (better battery cooling perhaps?) for 2022? Maybe it would be better if I cancel and reorder a 2022. Tough, tough decision.
I was gonna ask the same thing.

We are comparing apples to apples currently (60-100 mph times when starting from zero).

I don’t care how you slice it, a performance car should be capable of performance for more than 3 seconds and a time.

I don’t think a drag strip will allow you to take a “time out” in the middle of a run so your BEV can recover from the grueling 3 seconds of full throttle.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

I doubt 4X is throttled because a 13.4-13.6 @ 103-103.5 trap speed checks out for a 4900lb EV with great launch traction and 346/428 hp/tq. I don’t think there are any Dragy roll runs for 4Xs yet but I’ll post up when my wife’s 4X arrives sometime in Nov.? ??‍♂ Hopefully someone else with a 4X gets in on the fun before then and puts up some runs.

Last edited:

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I was gonna ask the same thing.

We are comparing apples to apples currently (60-100 mph times when starting from zero).

I don’t care how you slice it, a performance car should be capable of performance for more than 3 seconds and a time.

I don’t think a drag strip will allow you to take a “time out” in the middle of a run so your BEV can recover from the grueling 3 seconds of full throttle.
I think the people that wonder this are probably not going to track theirs and wondering if it’ll be fine in daily passing situations that may only go 5-8 seconds. I guess. Or….

6AD4E8FF-B0D9-4183-A7D8-4AF0A0F12570.jpeg

ripperz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Golf R, GTPE on order
Occupation
IT consultant
Country flag
I'm new to Forum and the from UK. I have a GTPE on order and I found this review from a UK reviewer.
To me, It doesn't sound like its based on any real-world testing of the car though:

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT review | Car review | RAC Drive

Last edited:

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Its a 1 horse race in the 1/4 and a closer race to 60. Ford might not have the tech to make the car as fast as the MYP due to limitations of their motor/batts right now.
Don't forget about the track. The jury is still out.
Sponsored