Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Has anyone done timed runs in whisper or engage mode? On a different thread a poster said that the acceleration "felt" the same in all 3 modes, just the handling characteristics were noticeably different. In the same line of questioning, if one drives the same speed in each of the 3 modes, will the maximum range change?
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Has anyone done timed runs in whisper or engage mode? On a different thread a poster said that the acceleration "felt" the same in all 3 modes, just the handling characteristics were noticeably different. In the same line of questioning, if one drives the same speed in each of the 3 modes, will the maximum range change?
From what I understand the drive modes alter throttle mapping. Changing drive modes merely alters throttle response. WOT is going to be the same for all three modes, so flat-out performance should not change.

Dark Matter GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Country flag
They should add an "Unbridled Expended" mode below extended as a drag feature. Of course we need more up top in general, but still...

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So still not enough info for me to comfortably say that the PERFORMANCE EDITION is actually a performance edition... I told the wife yesterday to start thinking about what other vehicle she would like because it is looking less and less likely that I take delivery of our GTPE.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
So still not enough info for me to comfortably say that the PERFORMANCE EDITION is actually a performance edition... I told the wife yesterday to start thinking about what other vehicle she would like because it is looking less and less likely that I take delivery of our GTPE.
I’ll sell you mine, right now, $75,000, no extra charge for the lingering fart odor.

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I’ll sell you mine, right now, $75,000, no extra charge for the lingering fart odor.
Nah, I'll probably just get the wife a BMW X3 and be patient to get myself another GT500. I miss that monster and I'm sure I can find a 2020 for a reasonable enough price after another couple years.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
^^^Its a good thing the car tells you that it can’t go over 80 mph due to a suspension fault, as opposed to its normal operation when it can’t go over 80 mph due to lack of power.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Feels like I’m driving a tractor now.

bouncy.

Ford Mustang Mach-E More Mach-E GT 1/4 mile track results FA17623D-39E2-414C-8CD7-98A711C10713

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
I cycled it a few times when I was waiting for my haircut appointment and the error kept coming back up but then after my haircut it didn't come back up and driving home it no longer felt like a dump truck so whatever it was its intermittent so far. before that It stayed on my whole 20 mile commute though, and did indeed limit my top speed to 80.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I cycled it a few times when I was waiting for my haircut appointment and the error kept coming back up but then after my haircut it didn't come back up and driving home it no longer felt like a dump truck so whatever it was its intermittent so far. before that It stayed on my whole 20 mile commute though, and did indeed limit my top speed to 80.
I think it’s the driver facing camera. The car monitors you and knows you’ve been talking S&!T about it. This was your first warning. Next it will take out your brakes.

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thanks @Frankie ... that seals it for me. I can't have my wife drive a car that is going to throw codes like that. I'll wait for a more refined version so that I am not a beta tester.
Sponsored