blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Looks like the Lightning falls of at highway speed as well, but may got up higher than the GT.

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/09/21/2022-ford-f150-lightning-prototype-first-ride/
Yeah sounds like they're really going to need to figure this out and it's not just the GT then.

"Steady, hard acceleration continued to just over 70 mph, but it seemed to drop off a bit above highway speeds. We hit 82 mph on the straightaway at M1 Concourse, but Adewusi didn’t stay in the throttle to the very last second, so there’s no way of knowing what the truck feels like above 80 mph."

Right, they "just happened" to let off at 80 mph where the GT has issues.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
If Ford can not fix the acceleration issue, is this a Deal breaker? How many of you will cancel your order vs. take delivery and accept as is?

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If Ford can not fix the acceleration issue, is this a Deal breaker? How many of you will cancel your order vs. take delivery and accept as is?
The deal is already broken for me. Over a month of silence on the issue was enough for me to back out. It isn't going to affect anything, someone already wants to buy the car I have on its way, but that person won't be me.

Clean up the software, mature the power delivery technology, and drop it into a mustang body? I'll be first in line.

secretvampire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Dark Matter Gray MME GT
Country flag
If I had gone for the PE I would MAYBE feel differently, but the reasons I didn't kind of negate that feeling anyway. The number of folks "living their lives a quarter-mile at a time" is way, way smaller than Internet forum warriors will have you believe.

Again, I do think Ford should at least answer the questions about the top-end, but I'm not so insecure in my life that I give a shit if a Model Y can beat me on some fictional racetrack, I can count on one hand the number of times I've felt the need to take my car above 85-90 (and barely at that) on public roads in the past five years.

I went for the GT because I wanted:
- The better low-end power and 0-60 time, as in, 95% of the driving I do
- The metal roof
- The better looking front-end
- The (in my opinion) nicer interior

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
If I had gone for the PE I would MAYBE feel differently, but the reasons I didn't kind of negate that feeling anyway. The number of folks "living their lives a quarter-mile at a time" is way, way smaller than Internet forum warriors will have you believe.

Again, I do think Ford should at least answer the questions about the top-end, but I'm not so insecure in my life that I give a shit if a Model Y can beat me on some fictional racetrack, I can count on one hand the number of times I've felt the need to take my car above 85-90 (and barely at that) on public roads in the past five years.

I went for the GT because I wanted:
- The better low-end power and 0-60 time, as in, 95% of the driving I do
- The metal roof
- The better looking front-end
- The (in my opinion) nicer interior
Cool, you bought a performance car and don’t care about performance.

Good for you.

I see your condescending post and match you with a condescending post.

We are insecure because we want a car to be faster. Then you are insecure because you want it to be better looking with a nicer interior. It’s a good thing our cars can compensate for these sad feelings we have inside.

Last edited:

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We are insecure because we want a car to be faster. Then you are insecure because you want it to be better looking with a nicer interior. It’s a good thing our cars can compensate for these sad feelings we have inside.
And losing sucks.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
Nice run!
Thanks! I was racing my neighbor and we should have been neck and neck but he obviously got a horrible start. Another day soon we'll run them again! :)

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Thanks! I was racing my neighbor and we should have been neck and neck but he obviously got a horrible start. Another day soon we'll run them again! :)
Instant torque and awd means we will never have to make excuses for a bad start.

I can’t count how many times I’ve seen a Corvette or something like it get beat by a VW or Honda. The race was lost in the first 60’.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Yeah sounds like they're really going to need to figure this out and it's not just the GT then.

"Steady, hard acceleration continued to just over 70 mph, but it seemed to drop off a bit above highway speeds. We hit 82 mph on the straightaway at M1 Concourse, but Adewusi didn’t stay in the throttle to the very last second, so there’s no way of knowing what the truck feels like above 80 mph."

Right, they "just happened" to let off at 80 mph where the GT has issues.
Count me as one of those that says “Do people expect linear positive longitudinal G from 0 to Infinity?” It’s just not realistic. I understand the worry because of the GT trap speed issue, but, we’re talking about a truck with the frontal area and drag coefficient of, a truck. And what does it weigh, 6000 lbs? Really fast cars (say 11.0@130mph) will start to taper off hard at around 65-75mph, EVs especially so because of their 1-speed direct drives.

The other thing people forget is that because the initial launch G in a powerful EV with AWD is so high (.90- 1G), the natural tapering off of acceleration as mph increases is going to feel even more pronounced.
Sponsored