swnerd321

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, Space White 2022 MME GTPE
Country flag
AccordIng to this video the media embargo ends next week. ?

Sponsored

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
AccordIng to this video the media embargo ends next week. ?

Please don't tell me they had this event and no one talked about performance above 80. Guess we'll see soon enough (next week)! Even if they acknowledged it's working as expected... we could stop thinking about it as much at least since we'd have our answer.

Last edited:

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
Please don't tell me they had this event and no one talked about performance above 80. Guess we'll see soon enough (next week)! Even if they acknowledged it's working as expected... we could stop thinking about it as we'd have our answer.
Unless they have time to go to a track nearby during their test drive, nobody is going to go above the speed limit on their review and the 0 to 70 is going to be just fine (and fast) for them.

We will have to wait until other reviewers get their hands on one and can truly test it if the embargo is over next week

Last edited:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Unless they have time to go to a track nearby during their test ride, nobody is going to go above the legal speed limit on their review and the 0 to 70 is going to be just fine (and fast) for them.

We will have to wait until other reviewers get their hands on one and can truly test it if the embargo is over next week
Looks like they had an autocross set up, but it isn't like you hit high speeds on those

MrClean

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
428i, X1, Mach-e GTPE on order
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
I do have to say though I'm going today or tomorrow to test a Genesis GV70 out of curiosity. It looks super nice and it's exactly the same price as a MME GT. Although not as fast, but the interior looks super nice. Just figured I'd look at one so I know what's out there as another option just in case.
If you can wait for the GV6, it seems like a great car, and it looks good, too. Unfortunately, it will be a '23 model.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I inquired about adding a Performance / Track / Racing Section to not dig through the General section... So bump for a new location!
Right on. I was gonna do this a while back but I got butt hurt at @Administrator because a totally innocent, non-derogatory post of mine about a potential Shelby American MME got deleted without explanation. Meanwhile, our 1/4 mile threads are a model of civility ????‍♂

Xlch59

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 mach 2004 Cobra 2007 GT500
Country flag
On the GT FB group there are pictures of a 104.36 mph @12.378 time slip. That's not bad especially the time. My GT500 would only do high 12s.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
On the GT FB group there are pictures of a 104.36 mph @12.378 time slip. That's not bad especially the time. My GT500 would only do high 12s.
I saw that! I'll add it to the spreadsheet.

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Raptor | 15 SS | 86 SVO | 65 350R Resto | GTPE
Country flag
Justin’s a longtime NMRA racer and mustang shop owner, so great to see higher profile racers put more light on The Perf # side, even though he was ecstatic with the times ?‍♂ I am quite jealous of yalls trap speeds… I’m 3-4 mph off the pace, need that OTA update ???

jasaero

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Colorado Diesel/2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Please don't tell me they had this event and no one talked about performance above 80. Guess we'll see soon enough (next week)! Even if they acknowledged it's working as expected... we could stop thinking about it as much at least since we'd have our answer.
Listening to some of them this morning...noticed a comment that the acceleration drops off after 40mph from the out of spec reviews guy from Colorado. But so far nobody seems to have got a comment from Ford on the acceleration drop offs over 80mph and sad trap speed vs normal AWD.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
I would say the time is not bad though not particularly good either.

the trap speed is absolutely still bad. ~6 mph slower than the 408 hp Volvo is terrible.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Listening to some of them this morning...noticed a comment that the acceleration drops off after 40mph from the out of spec reviews guy from Colorado. But so far nobody seems to have got a comment from Ford on the acceleration drop offs over 80mph and sad trap speed vs normal AWD.
Unfortunately the reviews don’t seem to be “what we have been waiting for.”

They are still the preliminary “first drives” not the in depth testing and head to head racing that we want.

“Take it for a short spin, then drive it around a parking lot quickly but don’t push it too hard.”

If the embargo is truly lifted, we need these things at a real drag strip, real track and lined up against the competition.

Instead we just got some “seat of the pants” impressions, fluff pieces, and more “manufacturers estimates” for performance numbers. Yawn

jasaero

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Colorado Diesel/2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Unfortunately the reviews don’t seem to be “what we have been waiting for.”

They are still the preliminary “first drives” not the in depth testing and head to head racing that we want.

“Take it for a short spin, then drive it around a parking lot quickly but don’t push it too hard.”

If the embargo is truly lifted, we need these things at a real drag strip, real track and lined up against the competition.

Instead we just got some “seat of the pants” impressions, fluff pieces, and more “manufacturers estimates” for performance numbers. Yawn
I had figured some of the media had seen these threads and would ask about this point blank as part of the media drive to get an official Ford response. I guess maybe they did, but are getting strong armed somehow into not publishing anything about even asking and getting a no comment.
Sponsored