John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Here is it is. I'm married with two kids. Working for ford has allowed me and my family to have things most other people can't afford, and I'm very grateful for that.

But at the end of the day, the BEV market costs too much for most families to be able to afford. Each week is a challenge for them.

My family buying the mache is a want, not a need. I can go buy an escape with many options on the a plan and incentives for around 20,000. 50,000 vs 20,000 not even close.

Yes everyone talking right now would love to buy a BEV instead of a gas. Yes, lots of talk talk talk but for many, the money is not there for them to be able to turn the talk into reality.

tell the cost of BEV comes way down, and the cost to replace the battery is under 5,000 people will still buy ice vehicles.
This. Truth.
just found this thread tonight. Should have made some popcorn.
I am betting on Ford.
The glass is half full.
The Mach E Is going to start filling it for Ford.
Sponsored

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
Well, "Hopefully", this will remain a Free Country and bureaucrats and politicians will not Mandate the vehicle I choose to purchase.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Maybe. Maybe not. That's 15 years away. Laws written today that don't take effect for 15 years aren't worth the paper they're written on, as they could change 10 times between now and then.

Reality will determine what actually happens. Until then it's more of a "try" than a "definitely".

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
Well, Good Luck in your States and “Country” --- I plan on living in the USA where the greatest economic system man has ever conceived --- a free market where the buyer chooses what he wishes to purchase.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Your politically partisan reply has nothing to do with your stated 2035 law that I was addressing. I was simply explaining to you (without political bias) the timing realities of a law that attempts to ban things 15 years in the future.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Maybe. Maybe not. That's 15 years away. Laws written today that don't take effect for 15 years aren't worth the paper they're written on, as they could change 10 times between now and then.

Reality will determine what actually happens. Until then it's more of a "try" than a "definitely".
No but the fleet CO2 standards in the EU are now and the Mach E is a major part of Ford's strategy to meet those standards. That's reality.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No but the fleet CO2 standards in the EU are now and the Mach E is a major part of Ford's strategy to meet those standards. That's reality.
Correct. That's different that what I was talking about, of course (a 2035 ban). You're talking about government mandates and fines that apply currently. Those aren't likely to change. Far higher chance of a 2035 target law changing, probably multiple times, based on reality over the next 15 years.

Ford isn't designing 2035 vehicles now. No one is. Way too far off to be meaningful.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
You have chosen incorrectly. Other than the small players, Mazda, etc., most will want to transition quickly. An electric powertrain is far, far simpler and cheaper than an ICE powertrain. Less labor is needed to assemble it, also. The UAW is scared to death of electric vehicles going mainstream. They know it will be a huge hit to their membership numbers. It is likely their number one worry.

The only players who don't get in the game fast are the ones that can't afford too.
South Korean unions are concerned also...
https://www.autonews.com/manufactur...kingNews+(Automotive+News+Breaking+News+Feed)
Sponsored