cyb593

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E future owner
Country flag
I don't necessarily think the dealers are doing it, more like people doing and reselling for the price they paid due to market demand. Its just odd that there are triple the amount on used car lots in atlanta then new at the dealership. Especially for such a new vehicle.

ALM group is no chump change, they have tens of lots all over atl.
Secondly, this would be stupid for a dealer to buy new and claims tens of 7500 credit on a SINGLE TAX RETURN.
They are probably seeing demand and markups and buying anything they find at manheim auctions.

Something weird is going on here. All of the suburban Philadelphia dealers in PA that have a vehicle on that website only have one unit (except for one dealer that has a reputation for being shady). However, all the dealers over in New Jersey are claiming to have multiple units. This makes no sense.
Sponsored

atlz_best

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Country flag
I don't necessarily think the dealers are doing it, more like people doing and reselling for the price they paid due to market demand. Its just odd that there are triple the amount on used car lots in atlanta then new at the dealership. Especially for such a new vehicle.
Agreed. Folks could be selling for break even their Mach E because the supply is dry due to chip shortage.

I sold my Infiniti Q50s sedan in preparation for my GT already. Sold it for 6k above private party value. Should pay for the +5k GT price tag nicely.. Lol

intoMME

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD Select w/Tech Pkg. Infinity Blue
Country flag
I doubt people are selling them back to get the tax credit. They are losing the sales tax they paid, and will not make enough to really make it worthwhile. I have not had any more issues with this car than any other car. Little electronic hiccups once in a while, but nothing that causes driveability or safety issues. Once the system prompted me to say a command when I did not click the button, and the trunk only unlocked without raising when I swiped my foot. First world problems :) Go test drive one and buy it if you like it.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Once the system prompted me to say a command when I did not click the button
This happens to me far too often. Seems to happen most on long trips where I'm listening to talk radio, almost like something the person says on the show sounds like the Ford wake-up word. It happened the other day as my wife and I were talking and listening to music. I'll probably just turn it off, I can't say I've ever used the Ford voice commands ever.

awiginton

First Name
Alesia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
New and used on car gurus. Hopefully these will load correct for you. I am thinking people are using the tax credits and selling the car back but wasn't sure if this is going on everywhere.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...CE&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d2990

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/s...CE&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d2990
If you bought in 2021, you can't get the credit until you file taxes 2021 taxes. Is there a certain amount of time you have to own the car before the credit comes into play?

atlz_best

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Country flag
If you bought in 2021, you can't get the credit until you file taxes 2021 taxes. Is there a certain amount of time you have to own the car before the credit comes into play?
Thats not a problem. Your NEW title is proof that you purchased the car in a year, even if you had it for a day

The car is only NEW ONCE so its easy for IRS to process a tax credit you claimed on it.

If you took delivery in Jan 2021, drove a few months, didnt like it, by apr 2021 it has already gone up in resale. You could sell it for break even and still get the 7500 credit when you file taxes by Apr 2022. Dealerships dont care what credits you taking buying the vehicle, they are only concerned whats the book value on it today.

MacheCrazy

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache Premium
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ford had many employees special lease via their exec program. Now they are on the used car market.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
As has been said, once a car has been titled it is "used." Only the original title holder is eligible for the Federal tax credit. If a dealership titles a vehicle the first time then they own the tax credit. If you are looking to purchase a MME to qualify for the tax credit, buy new. If you buy used, make sure to take this into account when you make your offer.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
You can get the tax credit throughout the year if you have a regular employer who withholds taxes from your paycheck. Basically you recalculate your expected 2021 tax liability minus the $7500 tax credit, and then use that new tax liability to make a new W4 for your HR department that directs them to withhold less taxes from your paycheck, with the intent that you hit “zero owed or refunded” when you file in early 2022. That way you get the benefit of the tax credit immediately in the form of more take-home pay every two weeks (Or however often you get paid).

I admit that isn’t super simple or automatic, but if you are handy with your tax software you can do it, you can find various examples online that you can use to help guide yourself, or you can check with your tax professional who would be able to recalculate for you.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ford's Exec Lease program requires 6 months terms, so they wouldn't be selling those yet. And no way Ford put that car on the list that soon.

As to the sales tax argument, sales tax is 1/2 the tax credit, maybe a bit more.
Sponsored