Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium RWD
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Don't get me wrong, I am throughly enjoying our Mach-e. We have had it 3 weeks, and finally sorting out the bells and whistles. Many people have posted about this problem; and I am not one to complain but this one feature is driving me nuts. My husband frequently stays in the car when I go into a shop. We can not make the car alarm be off. We have used the prompt, to set it to off each time we turn off the car, we have set it to off in the menus for each user including the guest user just incase. But after two minutes the car alarm gos off; no matter what the settings show; no matter if he has his phone with him or not. How do I escalate this problem up the chain at Ford so we can get some action on it? It there a way to send messages directly to ford?

Thanks everyone!

Tim
Sponsored

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
We also have this issue. So far no fix.

There are workarounds, sorta:
- You can go into settings and turn off the motion sensor every time you start your car (the setting appears to stick at least until you restart your car). Not very convenient.
- You can leave the car on. Not a great idea in general, especially with kids.
- Best workaround may be to just place a piece of tape over the sensor.

Should we have to resort to these workarounds? No, but that’s where we’re at. It’s frustrating for many reasons: We first reported this issue nearly two months ago. Others have also reported it. It also seems like a relatively easy code fix. And Ford has thus far issued two OTA updates, but the first one doesn’t appear to have fixed any bugs that anyone can identify, and jury’s still out on the second.

So it’s frustrating and a little embarrassing that Ford hasn’t fixed bug like these - simple but very annoying bugs - despite having months to do so. Ford simply isn’t nimble or adept at the software game as the Big T. Keep pestering Ford. Keep pestering your service department.

OP
OP
timunger0222

timunger0222

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Thanks, your reply is helpful and if nothing else encouraging that I am not alone with this trouble. This lone hic-up is diminishing our enjoyment of an otherwise fantastic car.

I think I will try the tape method. Where is the sensor located?

Tim

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE AWD Premium SR
Country flag
Thanks, your reply is helpful and if nothing else encouraging that I am not alone with this trouble. This lone hic-up is diminishing our enjoyment of an otherwise fantastic car.

I think I will try the tape method. Where is the sensor located?

Tim
Man, I'm hoping that person responds. This same issue is driving me nuts. If I pull into my garage and leave the windows down, next time anyone goes in the garage the car goes bananas

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My car just started to prompt me for the motion detection. I’ve had the prompt turned off from day one, it’s still off, yet it’s asking me every time I turn off the car now.

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
My alarm keeps getting triggered by my dog even after I select "Yes" to turn off motion sensors before exiting the vehicle. In addition, the alarm still gets triggered by my dog even if I turn off the motion sensors in the vehicle alarm settings directly. What's the fix @Ford Motor Company?

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
This is such bullshit. Ford can't seem to fix simple software bugs. My motion sensor setting re-enabled itself and the alarm went off today. I'm not sure why they can't focus on fixing the problems instead of adding useless things like drawing apps.

OP
OP
timunger0222

timunger0222

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
We are continuing to have this alarm error where the motion sensor does not stay off and the dog triggers the alarm. We have tried multiple ways of turning it off and nothing seems to do the trick. We also tried to cover the motion sensor, but i think we covered something else because it still goes off. She is a little dog, so she isn't causing large motions LOL. But also, we humans cant sit in the car while our other human runs into the grocery store unless we have our phone as a key app running. Seems like such a bother. We have had it into our dealer twice, they updated the software and ran tests, they say it is functioning normally, but it is not. Will be selling this gem as soon as we can find a suitable dog friendly alternative. #fordfail

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
Come on @Ford Motor Company, do you not do any software testing/QA? For some reason you don't even collect customer feedback even though we're the beta testers.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company It sure would be nice for you to give us an update as to when we can expect this fix. It doesn’t seem like it should be all that difficult, and some of us have been waiting nearly a year. Would you please just make a post (1) acknowledging the issue and (2) acknowledging you are working on a fix?

CRPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We were recently on a ferry and were unable to both leave the car during the trip because the alarm kept going off. No dogs just the motion of the ferry caused the alarm. Agree this seems like it should be an easy software fix so hopefully someone is listening.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company It sure would be nice for you to give us an update as to when we can expect this fix. It doesn’t seem like it should be all that difficult, and some of us have been waiting nearly a year. Would you please just make a post (1) acknowledging the issue and (2) acknowledging you are working on a fix?
Are all your modules up to date?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are all your modules up to date?
The service center updates my car every time I bring it in, over half a dozen times, and as recently as two days ago.
Sponsored