Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2022-hyundai-ioniq-5-limited-htrac-first-test-review/

I’m on record as saying I like the digital Lancia Delta Integrale looks a lot, interior - not so much but it’s ok. What stands out are the 4.4 0-60 and [email protected] 1/4 mile runs, very good for this segment. 2-4 tenths quicker than a MME 4X with a slightly lower but almost equal 1/4 trap speed. It also appears a bit short on range based on EPA and Edmunds range numbers. Really want to see the inevitable 570hp N version along with the Kia EV6 GT with the same powertrain.

And that 800v architecture with 350kw charging speeds is very nice for road trips I must say.

Tesla has got to be hating life as all of these legit options keep hitting the market one after the other.
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Tesla has got to be hating life as all of these legit options keep hitting the market one after the other.
I doubt it, Elon built a brand and has a crazy cult following. All those that wouldn't buy a Tesla anyways, still won't. I doubt this is going to sway many people from Tesla, unless they actually have an open mind, which is rare.

OP
OP
Pushrods&Capacitors

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I doubt it, Elon built a brand and has a crazy cult following. All those that wouldn't buy a Tesla anyways, still won't. I doubt this is going to sway many people from Tesla, unless they actually have an open mind, which is rare.
To a certain extent, sure, I agree. However, the more of these EVs that arrive, the less carbon credits Tesla will sell to other makers as well. And they’ve only been profitable when factoring those massive credit sales, until just recently. That part is going to start hitting them hard.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
The cult is crazy, all those people do is refer me to Sandy Monroe videos to prove how Tesla is superior, I never even say the MME is miles ahead they just offer it up like they wouldn’t even consider it. I’ve definitely run into some reasonable Tesla owners though who love my car and had lots of questions.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
To a certain extent, sure, I agree. However, the more of these EVs that arrive, the less carbon credits Tesla will sell to other makers as well. And they’ve only been profitable when factoring those massive credit sales, until just recently. That part is going to start hitting them hard.
Yeah, the carbon credits will be very damaging when it starts to hit their pocket book.

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
The original 5.2s 0-60 time for I5 must be on the original 72 kwh battery. They increased it to 77kwh for North American version. Didn't think that small battery increase would have that big of an effect. 4.4s is impressive

OP
OP
Pushrods&Capacitors

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
The original 5.2s 0-60 time for I5 must be on the original 72 kwh battery. They increased it to 77kwh for North American version. Didn't think that small battery increase would have that big of an effect. 4.4s is impressive
Yep, and if the 5.2 sec quote wasn’t counting the industry standard 1-foot rollout, it would be a 4.9-5.0. Plus, MT seems to get really good EV acceleration times because they test in mild SoCal conditions and high SOC as well. Similar to Edmunds.
Sponsored