Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
Still rather have the mustang then that butt ugly tesla...
I agree with both of your posts......I have not received my GTPE, expecting in April sometimes.....Build date is week of 2/14/22 so we will see

I have been contemplating on that 5 second burst to follow thru but kinda excited to see the Grabber Orange color in my garage.....LOL

All Teslas are butt ugly except the S Plaid to me

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Do GT PE owners notice this in real world, non track use? I rent a GT PE for 2 days and was trying to see if the 5 second cut off was noticeable but didn't see it. I guess I couldn't find a stretch of road to try and push past 65/70 from a stop. It definitely feels less powerful though on the top end, which is probably in my head. When already at 70, it feels like it has barely anything to give to get to 80/85 on the highway. My current MME AWD Premium, still has a good amount of power to pass when already at 70/75.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I love my GT and am like 90% satisfied with its performance. It's my family hauler and I don't do anything other than floor it for some giggles from time to time.

The slight disappointment is that I know my GT can't hold it's own against any Tesla Model Y and my friends can all legit rub my nose in it that their Teslas can beat me past 80mph (even if we never drag race).

So did Ron Heiser engineer a product that would deliberately fall on its face and embarrass itself? Did Dave Pericak sign off on the GT knowing full well that the comparisons would humiliate the Mustang name?

I bought the car anyways so it's on me for accepting their work. I'm just curious about Ron, Dave, and Ford's calculus on all this.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I love my GT and am like 90% satisfied with its performance. It's my family hauler and I don't do anything other than floor it for some giggles from time to time.

The slight disappointment is that I know my GT can't hold it's own against any Tesla Model Y and my friends can all legit rub my nose in it that their Teslas can beat me past 80mph (even if we never drag race).

So did Ron Heiser engineer a product that would deliberately fall on its face and embarrass itself? Did Dave Pericak sign off on the GT knowing full well that the comparisons would humiliate the Mustang name?

I bought the car anyways so it's on me for accepting their work. I'm just curious about Ron, Dave, and Ford's calculus on all this.
My sentiments pretty much exactly, concerning my GT.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Interesting that they talk pricing, but never once mention the Mach E is eligible for the $7500 tax credit and the Tesla is not. the Mach E is effectively $3500-$4000 CHEAPER than the Tesla rather than $3500 more expensive, as mentioned multiple times in the article. And the interior comments are ludicrous.

With all that said, I would love to have the Mach E GT with the Tesla drivetrain ;)

bristol16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, '15 SS
Country flag
I have read / watched most of the comparisons on these vehicles and the one trend I've noticed is that the cons for the Mustang are never things that I value. It is slower from 80-120mph than the Model Y, and I am fine with that. They liked the Tesla interior better but that is personal preference and I happen to like the Mustang interior more. It rides, handles, and brakes better which is infinitely more valuable to me than how quickly it goes 80-120mph. I am happy with the performance of mine (GTPE). Would I rather have more out of it? I'm a performance oriented person so of course I would, but I have another car that would destroy this in the 1/4 mile so at the end of the day I'm not really concerned with it dropping off a little after reaching highway speeds. It's still a very high functioning daily driver for 99% of what I use it for.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

If my car gets inexplicably bricked, then I apologize to Ron and Dave. I didn't mean a word of it!

OP
OP
Pushrods&Capacitors

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
My sentiments pretty much exactly, concerning my GT.
Interesting that they talk pricing, but never once mention the Mach E is eligible for the $7500 tax credit and the Tesla is not. the Mach E is effectively $3500-$4000 CHEAPER than the Tesla rather than $3500 more expensive, as mentioned multiple times in the article. And the interior comments are ludicrous.

With all that said, I would love to have the Mach E GT with the Tesla drivetrain ;)
Yep. And they once again recite EPA ranges like parrots, with no testing to reveal that the GT actually goes farther on a charge in reality. Edmunds got about 260ish from a Y Performance in their big EV range test. However, the disparity after 70-80mph is just stupid. And that 100 mph vs. 115mph trap speed is just pathetic. That attached to a supposed PE sealed it’s fate. Even though it’s the better overall vehicle by magnitudes.

jamelski

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
My GTPE is awesome. I love punching it onto the highway and am im at 80 mph chillin in the fast lane with blue cruise. I watch the grey bars go away after a few secs. The 5 sec power cap is over blown. But would be cool to see how fast it really is with out it but whatever love the car.

Lance

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
So far I have not had an opportunity to go over 85. All I know is that when I pass someone I don’t need more than 5 seconds to blow past them. In real life driving, the limitation just isn’t a factor. If you are buying an MME to drag race you are getting the wrong car. If you want to win the light change game, you will be very happy.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I reserved and ordered based on Ford’s initial specifications. While I am a little disappointed in the 5 (or less) second cap, it’s not a deal-breaker for me. The car handles decently and brakes well. The car is comfortable and has a reasonably smooth ride in Unbridled. It’s a fun car and I enjoy it a lot. ??

That said, I would love to see the car get a little more time at WOT. ???

Blusteed

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 Mustang GT Vert PP1, '21 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hard to comprehend getting points for a "Futuristic Interior" when Tesla refuses to provide Apple Car Play and Android Auto. The world lives on their phones today, and integrating it into my GTPE, wirelessly to boot, was an important feature for me, and should be a major interior plus for the Mach-E. The PE seats are better, and we get a screen in front of the steering wheel too. The GTPE is a much better inside experience. The numbers are the numbers on the upper end, and given the Mach weighs around 400lbs more, and has to deal with Ford's 5 second limit, that's hardly surprising. After 2 months of driving mine though, I haven't had a single instance where I felt the power wasn't up to or exceeding the challenge... and I get to drive a much better looking vehicle too.
Sponsored