Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Car and Driver just posted this today.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a37952485/ford-explorer-quickest-police-car-sold-today/

Key takeaways:

1. MME interceptor did 0-60mph in 4.0 and 0-100mph in 11.9, confirming the power throttling issue GT owners and reviewers are experiencing. I’d assume the 4.0 is with 1ft rollout, so a 3.7ish omitting rollout.

2. It took 2 miles to hit it’s top speed of 124mph! 2 miles. ??‍♂

3A. The F-150 Responder ran a 5.8 0-60 and 14.3 to 100, but it hit its top speed of 120mph in only a half-mile.

3B. Repeat, an F-150 Responder hit 120mph in a half mile and the MME Interceptor took 1.5 more miles for an extra 4 mph.

4. The MME did 18 miles of lapping at Grattan Raceway before getting down to 30% SOC. Not sure what SOC it started at, hopefully 90% or greater.
Sponsored

Brazenbuck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE | Shelby GT500
Country flag
The Ford Mustang Mach E GT Performance Edition. 0-60 in 3.5 seconds!* We’re done here, right???

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a37952485/ford-explorer-quickest-police-car-sold-today/

Key takeaways:

1. MME interceptor did 0-60mph in 4.0 and 0-100mph in 11.9, confirming the power throttling issue GT owners and reviewers are experiencing. I’d assume the 4.0 is with 1ft rollout, so a 3.7ish omitting rollout.

3A. The F-150 Responder ran a 5.8 0-60 and 14.3 to 100, but it hit its top speed of 120mph in only a half-mile.

3B. Repeat, an F-150 Responder hit 120mph in a half mile and the MME Interceptor took 1.5 more miles for an extra 4 mph.

4. The MME did 18 miles of lapping at Grattan Raceway before getting down to 30% SOC. Not sure what SOC it started at, hopefully 90% or greater.
In response to your number 2, I would like to see the speed curve. Sometimes in certain problems that last 1-2% can take awhile. We know the MachE should hit about 100 after 1/4 mile. What is it at the 1/2 and 1 mile?

Also with the curves would be a distance covered chart. At the 1/4 mile the MachE is well in front of the F150, but when does it get passed?

Police cars do need to get up and go to catch people, but what are the actual use cases they are trying to hit? What circumstances would need you to be going 120 in the F150 and disappointed that the MachE is a bit behind that (remember that the MachE will be in front of the F150 for probably the first 1/2 mile)? I would expect most use cases to need quick bursts of speed. There are very few places a police car should ever be traveling over 110mph and the only places I can think of for that are in the middle of nowhere where you don't have the charging infrastructure yet anyways (I45 between Houston and Dallas, I10 between San Antonio and El Paso). There shouldn't be a 100+ mph car chase in anything outside of a deserted interstate.

OP
OP
Pushrods&Capacitors

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
In response to your number 2, I would like to see the speed curve. Sometimes in certain problems that last 1-2% can take awhile. We know the MachE should hit about 100 after 1/4 mile. What is it at the 1/2 and 1 mile?

Also with the curves would be a distance covered chart. At the 1/4 mile the MachE is well in front of the F150, but when does it get passed?

Police cars do need to get up and go to catch people, but what are the actual use cases they are trying to hit? What circumstances would need you to be going 120 in the F150 and disappointed that the MachE is a bit behind that (remember that the MachE will be in front of the F150 for probably the first 1/2 mile)? I would expect most use cases to need quick bursts of speed. There are very few places a police car should ever be traveling over 110mph and the only places I can think of for that are in the middle of nowhere where you don't have the charging infrastructure yet anyways (I45 between Houston and Dallas, I10 between San Antonio and El Paso). There shouldn't be a 100+ mph car chase in anything outside of a deserted interstate.
A Dragy module gets you the info you seek in your first two paragraphs. It has been covered to death in the various 1/4 track times threads. Fun reads ?. Suffice it to say, the MME GT/PE has woeful performance beyond 70-80mph based on the 5 second 100% power availability.

Our expected use cases are moot. MSP and all other State and local entities have their own criteria already. And top speed along with time to top speed happen to be criteria they evaluate. Not all high speed travel is for pursuits. In fact, most isn’t.

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
A Dragy module gets you the info you seek in your first two paragraphs. It has been covered to death in the various 1/4 track times threads. Fun reads ?. Suffice it to say, the MME GT/PE has woeful performance beyond 70-80mph based on the 5 second 100% power availability.

Our expected use cases are moot. MSP and all other State and local entities have their own criteria already. And top speed along with time to top speed happen to be criteria they evaluate. Not all high speed travel is for pursuits. In fact, most isn’t.
Thanks for the response. Interesting reading (a little sad it falls off that bad). Luckily for me my use case is perfectly satisfied by my FE MachE, although I would love to test out that 5s of power in the GT/PE. Hopefully the 5s can be modified with software to give a bit more boost for longer (for those that want that). Otherwise, I guess I am ok if I get pulled over by my town's explorers instead of MachEs.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

Key takeaways:

Correction:

It took “more than” 2 miles to hit 124 mph.

So 0-100 in 11.9 seconds (which is already slow).

Then it takes over a minute to go from 100-124?

I’m grasping at straws trying to think of another vehicle with comparable performance.

Maybe a Honda Accord 2.0T, but at 100 mph you throw a parachute out the back?

Just count it out in your head. Over 2 seconds per mph of speed increase for a whole minute……. At full throttle on a top of the line “performance edition.”
Sponsored