J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2021) Space White, Premium, AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
We’ve all seen the bumper sticker. Is the climb doable in a Mach E? Would be neat to see the regen curve on the way down.
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
We’ve all seen the bumper sticker. Is the climb doable in a Mach E? Would be neat to see the regen curve on the way down.
I suppose it depends on how much range it would take you to get from home to the base, and also how many passengers?

It would take about 1/2 my range just to get there with AWD ER. I’ve never done the climb in an ice car and would prob do that first before trying it with MME.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag

dsheib

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD SR, Ducati Multistrada 1200S
Country flag

OP
OP

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2021) Space White, Premium, AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
Don’t do it. My car completely shut down on the way down and it had to be towed!
Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Seems that this car definitely has a problem with the regen breaking overheating the battery on big declines. Did not expect that.

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
Read the threads on the overheating issue during descent, especially with AWD. I believe you'll need to do friction brakes on long steep declines, which defeats the purpose. Not sure if it has to be the WHOLE time, but the motors overheat from the regen and brick the car. I'd wait for Ford to do a fix, as they are aware of it.

nhdave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Ram 1500
Country flag
Don’t do it. My car completely shut down on the way down and it had to be towed!
Sorry to hear that. Could you elaborate on what happened? Where did it get towed to? I thought about Mt Washington but there seems to be a serious lack of charge stations in that area as well.

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
Read the threads on the overheating issue during descent, especially with AWD. I believe you'll need to do friction brakes on long steep declines, which defeats the purpose. Not sure if it has to be the WHOLE time, but the motors overheat from the regen and brick the car. I'd wait for Ford to do a fix, as they are aware of it.
This seems like a very big oversight on Ford's part. There have to be temp sensors in the motors. They are already doing blending braking. Just change the blend ratio as the temp increases until you are using 100% friction brakes.
Though as I'm saying that I'm recalling talk of a new EV (I think the Kia EV6 but not sure) has a clutch to disengage the motor for coasting as you can't fully turn off a permanent magnet motor. I think this is the reason you can't flat tow a MME.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
This seems like a very big oversight on Ford's part. There have to be temp sensors in the motors. They are already doing blending braking. Just change the blend ratio as the temp increases until you are using 100% friction brakes.
Though as I'm saying that I'm recalling talk of a new EV (I think the Kia EV6 but not sure) has a clutch to disengage the motor for coasting as you can't fully turn off a permanent magnet motor. I think this is the reason you can't flat tow a MME.
It's not an overheat. Purely a software issue. Not sure who started the overheat FUD.
Sponsored