First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition -ordered
Occupation
Partnership and Alliance Director, EXL Service
Country flag
More details on what Ford is doing to build this beauty. Of course, Sandy is all about bolts. Get this - he actually says something good about bolts!

Todd

First Name
Todd
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner
Country flag
I'd wish he'd talk about other ways of doing things; i.e. he said bolts were good, what would be the alternatives, and would they be better/worse.

Sounds like he thought it was a decent job by Ford with a couple of strange/unknown manufacturing specific decisions.

Mirak

Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
This one was awfully meh. Spent over half the video talking about two bolts. It’s always interesting to see the guts of the vehicle but man this wasn’t great….

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Fusion Energi, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
As an electro-mechanical guy, I sometimes geek out over fasteners and material. I thought the had reasonable comments about replacing the rear door hinge bolts with studs. The amount of tread locking material on the Torx bolt he showed was interesting. Either someone at the bolt supplier went nuts applying it or someone over-specified the stuff.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Reaction score
Vehicles
'48 MGTC, '53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
If you're building a car, clips are great, and Sandy loves clips because he used to help build cars.

If you want the car from blowing to pieces in a fender bender, Sandy isn't helping anyone.

Tesla's rear bumper/diffuser was held on by clips and it was getting blown off the car by puddle water. I wonder if they fixed that by tossing a few 4 cent bolts at it.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
I guess nuts and bolts go together.
He's doing what he's good at.

Advertisement

Advertisement