Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E, Ford F350 Platinum Pickup
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
When the MME is turned off, the display shows "alarm system turn off sensors?" what is this for?
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It’s for the interior motion sensors. You can set it to always on or always off so it doesn’t ask you each time.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I've always assumed that setting is due to public charging lol
Since I'm often sitting in my car with the car off while waiting for it to charge, I don't want the internal motion sensors setting off the alarm ?

(I honestly have no idea what that setting actually means, but that's been my interpretation lol)

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Please let me know if you turn off your motion sensors, if that setting sticks when you restart your car. It retoggles to On every time I restart the car.

RobFitzgerald167

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Grabber Blue
Country flag
Please let me know if you turn off your motion sensors, if that setting sticks when you restart your car. It retoggles to On every time I restart the car.
I have this issue too. I set it to always off, and my dogs set it off every time I exit the car.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have this issue too. I set it to always off, and my dogs set it off every time I exit the car.
Have you considered the possibility that the dogs are actually trying to guess your start pin and setting off the alarm when they guess wrong 5 times in a row? Labrador retrievers look cute but they're devious! :p

RobFitzgerald167

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Grabber Blue
Country flag
Have you considered the possibility that the dogs are actually trying to guess your start pin and setting off the alarm when they guess wrong 5 times in a row? Labrador retrievers look cute but they're devious! :p
I wouldn't put it past them!
Ford Mustang Mach-E mustang mach-e "alarm system turn off sensors?" IMG_3174

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s a great pic. I also have a golden, but it’s my kids that set off the motion sensors when they get into the car before I’m ready or when I’m trying to get a broken charger to work. I’m glad to know other people are experiencing this same bug. I’m annoyed that here we are in the middle of April and it hasn’t been fixed yet.

FORD: It’s a simple bug but HIGHLY AGGRAVATING. Make the darned setting stick! For crying out loud I haven’t even received the first OTA update, which evidently doesn’t even fix this issue!!! WHY ARE YOU SO SLOW, FORD?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
That’s a great pic. I also have a golden, but it’s my kids that set off the motion sensors when they get into the car before I’m ready or when I’m trying to get a broken charger to work. I’m glad to know other people are experiencing this same bug. I’m annoyed that here we are in the middle of April and it hasn’t been fixed yet.

FORD: It’s a simple bug but HIGHLY AGGRAVATING. Make the darned setting stick! For crying out loud I haven’t even received the first OTA update, which evidently doesn’t even fix this issue!!! WHY ARE YOU SO SLOW, FORD?
I don't think this is a bug. I believe the intended design is for the selection to be for that single power-down event only. We may or may not like that it works this way, but it's likely to remain. Unless too many complain, that is.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't think this is a bug. I believe the intended design is for the selection to be for that single power-down event only. We may or may not like that it works this way, but it's likely to remain. Unless too many complain, that is.
It’s either a bug, or REALLY stupid design. I’m going to give Ford the benefit of the doubt that it’s the former. At least one owner has commented that he doesn’t have this issue.

If Ford really wanted to require us to toggle this setting off every time we drive the car (1) why, and (2) why would it be buried at least five taps deep? That makes no sense. No, I’m going with bug because not even Ford would deliberately design it this way.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
It’s either a bug, or REALLY stupid design. I’m going to give Ford the benefit of the doubt that it’s the former. At least one owner has commented that he doesn’t have this issue.

If Ford really wanted to require us to toggle this setting off every time we drive the car (1) why, and (2) why would it be buried at least five taps deep? That makes no sense. No, I’m going with bug because not even Ford would deliberately design it this way.
I don’t get it. I simply turned those sensors off in settings and saved my profile. They stay off. If that does not work for you, perhaps there is an issue with saving your profile?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don’t get it. I simply turned those sensors off in settings and saved my profile. They stay off. If that does not work for you, perhaps there is an issue with saving your profile?
See? Bug. I have a profile. My profile saves other settings like Dark mode, but it does not save that setting. It is a bug.

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
See? Bug. I have a profile. My profile saves other settings like Dark mode, but it does not save that setting. It is a bug.
The setting in the menu saves and works fine for me as well. Your car just likes it when you press its buttons ?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag

OK - I misunderstood the scenario. I thought we were talking about turning off the sensors when prompted at vehicle shutdown....not in the 'Settings' menu.

I would agree that the way it's set in 'Settings' should stick.

Sorry for the confusion.
Sponsored