Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired Ford Engineer
Country flag
This definitely should be a setting that "sticks" and I sincerely hope that Ford recognizes the problem and corrects it. What I'm experiencing is disabling the interior sensors because I must leave my dog in the car while shopping of dining, locking the car automatically then finding a message on my Ford Pass app saying it detected an interior alarm trigger. I'm pretty tired of leaving the store or restaurant with my flashers going and the dog freaking out from the alarm.
Sponsored

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E
Occupation
Retiered
Country flag
Thatā€™s a great pic. I also have a golden, but itā€™s my kids that set off the motion sensors when they get into the car before Iā€™m ready or when Iā€™m trying to get a broken charger to work. Iā€™m glad to know other people are experiencing this same bug. Iā€™m annoyed that here we are in the middle of April and it hasnā€™t been fixed yet.

FORD: Itā€™s a simple bug but HIGHLY AGGRAVATING. Make the darned setting stick! For crying out loud I havenā€™t even received the first OTA update, which evidently doesnā€™t even fix this issue!!! WHY ARE YOU SO SLOW, FORD?
Same problem. Why are thez so slow to fix the bug.

Indy Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Prem AWD, 2019 F150, ā€˜94 Vet, 1948 Willys
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Have you considered the possibility that the dogs are actually trying to guess your start pin and setting off the alarm when they guess wrong 5 times in a row? Labrador retrievers look cute but they're devious! :p
My 4# Yorkie sets it off too. I canā€™t get it to stay off. And, sheā€™s too short to enter the start code, smart enough but too short.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Maybe donā€™t leave your dog in the car constantly? And in the (what should be rare) event that your dog must be left in the carā€¦ hit the prompt to turn off the sensors as the car is powered down.

#lifeishard

Indy Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Maybe donā€™t leave your dog in the car constantly? And in the (what should be rare) event that your dog must be left in the carā€¦ hit the prompt to turn off the sensors as the car is powered down.

#lifeishard
How about Ford fixing the problem instead. That prompt sometimes either doesnā€™t appear or I miss it. It should allow us to set it at NO and ASK ON EXIT. best of all scenarios.

MachTri

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang mach-e AWD
Country flag
I think it was intended for "dog mode" but very bad implementation? I tried using the prompt to turn off the interior sensors when the dog was in the car for a few min. But the lights still flash and the app notifies me of movement. Maybe it just prevents the car's audible alarm?
Also, the prompt disappears if the passenger opens the door before you have a chance to press it and I don't see a way to bring it back.

Proper "dog mode" would set the interior temperature, set the alarm properly, and indicate on the display that the car is in "dog mode". Just copy Tesla on this.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
How about Ford fixing the problem instead. That prompt sometimes either doesnā€™t appear or I miss it. It should allow us to set it at NO and ASK ON EXIT. best of all scenarios.
I mean, yes, they should make it easier I guessā€¦ but it does work as is, even if inconvenient at times, and people really shouldnā€™t be constantly leaving dogs in the car. If I were deciding whether to have my engineers develop a solution for the charging curve or cater to someone on a forum scream typing about how they are always having their alarm go off because they leave their dog in their vehicle frequentlyā€¦ā€¦. No brainer.

Indy Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I mean, yes, they should make it easier I guessā€¦ but it does work as is, even if inconvenient at times, and people really shouldnā€™t be constantly leaving dogs in the car. If I were deciding whether to have my engineers develop a solution for the charging curve or cater to someone on a forum scream typing about how they are always having their alarm go off because they leave their dog in their vehicle frequentlyā€¦ā€¦. No brainer.
Wow, are you a lead goes engineer with that attitude?. In addition to our dog, my wife often stays in the car because of Covid she has underlying health conditions. Should every customer not be able to report issues so companies, who apparently according to your post are short of engineers, staff accordingly to address issues in the marketplace? My apologies for upsetting you.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Wow, are you a lead goes engineer with that attitude?. In addition to our dog, my wife often stays in the car because of Covid she has underlying health conditions. Should every customer not be able to report issues so companies, who apparently according to your post are short of engineers, staff accordingly to address issues in the marketplace? My apologies for upsetting you.
No, I donā€™t work for Ford. I apologize if you took my post as attacking you, and I guess there was a bit of attitude. But you have to realize that even the most well staffed companies in the world have to take resource and staffing into consideration when deciding which projects to work on.

You can leave your car on with your key in it while your wife is waiting in it. Then she and your dog can have HVAC as well as music and not have to worry about setting off the alarm.

Thereā€™s also a difference between reporting issues and getting irate and trying to attack people/companies online. Nothing in my reply was directed at you personally, it was just my perspective on how those decisions are made and why this is unlikely to be addressed quickly if ever.

Indy Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No, I donā€™t work for Ford. I apologize if you took my post as attacking you, and I guess there was a bit of attitude. But you have to realize that even the most well staffed companies in the world have to take resource and staffing into consideration when deciding which projects to work on.

You can leave your car on with your key in it while your wife is waiting in it. Then she and your dog can have HVAC as well as music and not have to worry about setting off the alarm.

Thereā€™s also a difference between reporting issues and getting irate and trying to attack people/companies online. Nothing in my reply was directed at you personally, it was just my perspective on how those decisions are made and why this is unlikely to be addressed quickly if ever.
Weā€™re ok. Part of my concern is that, as a retired software designer, Iā€™m very aware that the cost to benefit ratio of fixing the last 5% of bugs often has little or no priority from the profit perspective. Currently I have 5 small bugs my dealer is looking into. Do I love the MME, yes. Am I very disappointed with Fordā€™s phone support and their concern for fixing existing issues like PAAK, yes. Weā€™ve had battery cells replaced, have yet to get scheduled for our glass recalls, and thanks for the advice on how to work around the alarm issue, not to mention the car sometimes fails to recognize that I have the key fob and requires that I unlock with the button on the fob and not the pad on the door (parts are on order). Enough ranting. Lots of little things.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag

@tannerk89, respectfully, you are behaving foolishly. There are any number of reasons why people want to turn off interior motion sensors permanently: pets, other passengers remaining in the car, other passengers getting into the car before you do. These are perfectly reasonable scenarios. Ford understands these scenarios exist, which is why they made a setting to toggle it off - it just doesnā€™t work.

Your suggestion that @Ford Motor Company ought to prioritize other enhancements and fixes is likewise foolish because (i) this should be a relatively easy bug fix, (ii) Ford has released other bug fixes OTA but continues to ignore this one, and (iii) Ford has known about this bug for nearly a YEAR.

So my suggestion would be that you give this a rest. You arenā€™t offering anything constructive to this discussion. But somehow Iā€™m thinking you wonā€™t.

Last edited:

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag

You'd think a bug causing people's alarms to trigger would be a higher priority than something like a drawing app. They haven't even released an OTA fix for PaaK yet.

Indy Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You'd think a bug causing people's alarms to trigger would be a higher priority than something like a drawing app. They haven't even released an OTA fix for PaaK yet.
To mitigate this I have my alarm set to on (note, as previously stated it wonā€™t hold if set at off) and Ask on Exit set to ā€œYesā€. Today twice when I had three occupants in the car, I pushed the Yes button after turning the vehicle off, exited the vehicle to briefly enter a business only to look outside at the car and see/hear the alarm going off. This happened twice in about 1/2 hour. Solution: leave the Fob in the car.

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
To mitigate this I have my alarm set to on (note, as previously stated it wonā€™t hold if set at off) and Ask on Exit set to ā€œYesā€. Today twice when I had three occupants in the car, I pushed the Yes button after turning the vehicle off, exited the vehicle to briefly enter a business only to look outside at the car and see/hear the alarm going off. This happened twice in about 1/2 hour. Solution: leave the Fob in the car.
Mine does that too even if I hit the yes button to turn off. Not leaving the fob with the dog
Sponsored