"Mustang" Mach-E Confirmed! Reservations Open Nov 17th Starting with limited First Edition

Blizzard#797

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 5.0 PP1 six speed, 2017 Edge Sport, 2001 Audi S4, 1999 XR 1200, 1989 GB500, 1973 GR797
Occupation
Research
Country flag
The Mustang EV looks surprisingly similar to the 2020 Escape. Priced out a Sport Hybrid model in green with black wheels for about $32,000.
I know the "Mustang" will be in a different performance league, but hey A Fiesta ST can be more fun to drive and live with than a GT500 at $80,000 grand more. Will dealers be allowed to scalp the price as they have had a history of doing with "Limited Edition" runs?
Sponsored

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
The last limited edition Mustang was the 50th Anniversary S550. Special badges, choice of two colors (Wimbledon White or Kona Blue) and numbered interior plate. Ford only produced 1,964 of them as a nod to the original introduction year. It was the only V-8 Mustang, at the time, you could get the Performance Package with an auto.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
I'm surprisingly ok with this I think. I half expected it anyway since it was going to wear the mustang logo in the grille. Just hope the Mach E comes with the performance and sporty dynamics/looks to do justice to the Mustang name. Some track lap times and a mid-3 second 0-60 mph would be nice things to hear when it gets revealed on Sunday.
The Tesla Model 3 Performance (AWD LR) is 0-60 in about 3.5 seconds. A limited edition Mach-e could be even quicker. Maybe 0-60 in the 2.5 second range as this is where the Model S P100D specs. It would be quite pricey if so I expect. That's what I expect them to do as it would get a lot of attention.

I doubt I want to pay the price of a limited edition but I might be interested in AWD and long range battery.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It would be insane to see a sub 3 second 0-60. I think we'll see 3.2 0-60 time on the AWD performance model. I am looking forward to how well this rolls around corners (not literally).

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just....damn. I'm really hoping Ford treats their updates like Tesla (apart from the Summon incidents lol). Software first as an electric car company is amazing. 5% increase in hp just from an OTA software update? Yes please.

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Found this video which might get under the skin of the Mustang faithful. Not released by Ford but sure looks like one of theirs.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It looks close to it, but the voice isn't nearly as forboding or Idris sounding lol.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
The dimensions of the car in that video, seems wider than the "spyshots" show.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
Yes the "performance or nothing" crowd over at Mustang 6 are up in arms I know I'm a member over there. But a vast majority are just worried that using the Mustang name on a four door suv even though it's electric will water down the image and eventually kill the original two door car.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
Not to get into a huge philosophical debate about this, this is about the heritage and legacy of that heritage for "fast, affordable, fun, and freedom", which I connect to a car not an SUV. That is an implied brand promise, in my opinion. However, time marches on, and I am genuinely curious about this vehicle, otherwise I wouldn't have joined the forum here :)
I agree and very interested and hopeful the Mustang Mach E will be a home run in sales and quality. If all goes well I may get one sometime in 2021.

Mach E Mus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Insight,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Porschephile "purists" decried the stretched-up 911 based Cayenne when first introduced. That brand sells more SUVs than cars now. That and the exclusivity and availability of a Porsche trademark. Wonders me if this is the Ford marketing strategy ?

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just visited the Mustang sub Reddit. I am stifling nearly uncontrollable laughter at how they're reacting to this. NOT MAH 'STANG. Suprised they haven't started a twitter hashtag yet. #notmahstang
Sponsored