nja

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Ford Explorer, Audi Q7
Country flag
Hello folks. I ordered a First Edition and the color choices are driving me nuts. No black...the Carbonized Grey looks more like the Magnetic grey on my Explorer which is very light. And Rapid Red metallic looks great in studio lighting but not sure that great in the wild. Curious to know what color everyone is ordering? I originally chose grey but now am hedging. Thanks
Sponsored

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Hello folks. I ordered a First Edition and the color choices are driving me nuts. No black...the Carbonized Grey looks more like the Magnetic grey on my Explorer which is very light. And Rapid Red metallic looks great in studio lighting but not sure that great in the wild. Curious to know what color everyone is ordering? I originally chose grey but now am hedging. Thanks
You can find many of these colors on dealer lots now for other vehicles. I would encourage you to check them out.

https://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorc...ord&model=All&gncl=All&action=Get+Paint+Codes

opennetus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
You can find many of these colors on dealer lots now for other vehicles. I would encourage you to check them out.

https://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorc...ord&model=All&gncl=All&action=Get+Paint+Codes
The red in particular is definitely out already on existing cars. My parents have a 2020 Escape with that exact same color red. Any dealership lot is likely to have some.

I am not aware of any current cars with the Infinite Blue.... that one seems to be the most elusive one to find good photos of, in natural light. (but that is only available premium and lower trims, I think)

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The red in particular is definitely out already on existing cars. My parents have a 2020 Escape with that exact same color red. Any dealership lot is likely to have some.

I am not aware of any current cars with the Infinite Blue.... that one seems to be the most elusive one to find good photos of, in natural light. (but that is only available premium and lower trims, I think)
Yes, Infinite Blue is brand new to the Mach-E, and maybe other Fords in the 2021 lineup. I think carbonized gray and space white are also new. For the GT, dark matter gray and cyber orange are new. You should be able to find the other colors.

I should have been more explicit.

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
Grabber Blue is what I selected - I really like that Orange though!!

PMDGator

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE, C-Max
Country flag
Ordered Grabber Blue, but went back and forth with the grey. Would prefer Infinite Blue I think but not an option of course, or perhaps carbonized grey. But was so prepped for FE I decided to keep FE GB.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
For me it was Grabber Blue since I saw the GT in the Reveal. I've toyed with Rapid Red but the Grabber Blue will be unique to the First Edition and GT.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I have seen the Rapid Red in person and it's stunning. I have seen photos of a Rapid Red with Light Space Grey interior and it's fantastic. Red exterior with white interior is very retro and modern at the same time.

Rapid Red and Infinite Blue have tinted clear coat. Not sure what that means exactly but it appears to give extra depth and contrast to the color......at least that is what I observed in the Rapid Red Mustang that I have seen around here.

I went with Infinite Blue because I like blue/silver colors and I like that extra depth and highlight effect that I observed. I would have chosen Rapid Red but I live in Arizona and the red color will die a premature death out here.

My Premium AWD will be Infinite Blue with Light Space Grey interior.

Have fun deciding what you will choose!

(My third choice would be the Carbonized Grey if I were getting a First Edition because the red stitching would go very well with the exterior calipers).

OP
OP

nja

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Ford Explorer, Audi Q7
Country flag
For me it was Grabber Blue since I saw the GT in the Reveal. I've toyed with Rapid Red but the Grabber Blue will be unique to the First Edition and GT.
The car behind you in your profile picture...is that the grabber blue? I know it's under a ton of Blue light

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The car behind you in your profile picture...is that the grabber blue? I know it's under a ton of Blue light
It's the European spec Grabber Blue GT at the Washington Auto Show, under stupid blue LED display lighting they used for most shows.

That lighting gives Grabber Blue an awesome deep blue that looks even better than natural light. The lighting has thrown off lots of color guesses of cars at shows, including thoughts that a Carbonized Gray car was Infinite Blue!

Last edited:

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Does anyone know what the paint code is for the black trim? Easy to find the body colors, but not sure if the black trim is same as shadow black or not.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Does anyone know what the paint code is for the black trim? Easy to find the body colors, but not sure if the black trim is same as shadow black or not.
Pretty sure it's I7

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
After checking with the dealership parts department about black and red trim for my premium, with the response that they were out of stock (on both,) I called customer support there to ask for the code on the black. I was told that there is no code, that the trim will just be replaced. Kinda sounds crazy to think that all the trim (along roof, fenders, bottom of doors, bumpers) is polished plastic, but scratches can be buffed out but "chips" necessitate replacing the entire piece.
Sponsored