First Name
ravi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e mustang gt
Country flag
Hi,

is there any room for negotiation on the mustang Mach e gt? How do I go about it? I have already reserved it. I picked a dealer as well.
When do we negotiate? Is it during the signing of the purchase agreement? How does this work? What are my options?
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
You can always negotiate, but based on the hands you and the dealer hold, it seems unlikely to yield a good result.

Your hand is you can walk which usually works when the dealer already has possession and paid for the vehicle. In this case, it seems the the dealer already knows you want it and it's harder to bluff that you'll walk. If you do walk, right now it sounds like most dealers will be happy to sell to someone else.

Of course you can always ask, if you go this route I'd say wait until closer to try in case there are additional changes coming down.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Hi,

is there any room for negotiation on the mustang Mach e gt? How do I go about it? I have already reserved it. I picked a dealer as well.
When do we negotiate? Is it during the signing of the purchase agreement? How does this work? What are my options?
I do not think there is any room for a negotiation when you actually pre-ordered the car - you already showed your intentions or willingness to own that vehicle. On a plus side, the dealer not supposed to add anything to the price of your order. Also, there are some rebates/incentives which might be included into the final price - X-plan, Clean Vehicle Rebate, maybe some other local incentives. I also do not think there is a difference in this process if your ordered Select or GT - the process and the final result should be the same.

But yes, you can always negotiate as the previous forumite said - I just think your dealer gladly takes your cancellation (if you threaten him to refuse you order) to sell it on the open market with potential to add some markup to MSRP (due to a rarity o the car next year).

OP
OP

Coolravicool

First Name
ravi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e mustang gt
Country flag
What is the x plan about? Am I eligible?

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
There is a sticky thread about that you may want to look into. Basically it's a reduced price for people associated with ford but who don't work for them (stock holders, some clubs, maybe works for a supplier to ford, or possibly your company buys ford fleet vehicles)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hi,

?????
You can try but so far these are by special order only and dealers have little to know ability to order them for dealer stock. I'm just glad I made sure my dealer was not charging ADM and accepts X-plan.

The GT is listed on X-Plan. Have you made sure your dealer is accepting X-plan?

OP
OP

Coolravicool

First Name
ravi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e mustang gt
Country flag
?????
You can try but so far these are by special order only and dealers have little to know ability to order them for dealer stock. I'm just glad I made sure my dealer was not charging ADM and accepts X-plan.

The GT is listed on X-Plan. Have you made sure your dealer is accepting X-plan?
What is ADM? I am going to find out if the dealer accepts x plan.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
What is ADM? I am going to find out if the dealer accepts x plan.
ADM= additional charges they can pile on = dealer markup.

What you need to get the dealer to agree to is - NO additional dealer markup and that they will accept X plan. This means at a minimum your price will be same as what you see when you order online minus X plan discount. Additional financing incentives etc will be open only at the time of purchase.

Every dealer is only going to get a few orders of these MMEs - its not like they will have a parking lot full of them to negotiate - not at least until all the existing orders for MME are supplied to customers.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
ADM= additional charges they can pile on = dealer markup.

What you need to get the dealer to agree to is - NO additional dealer markup and that they will accept X plan. This means at a minimum your price will be same as what you see when you order online minus X plan discount. Additional financing incentives etc will be open only at the time of purchase.

Every dealer is only going to get a few orders of these MMEs - its not like they will have a parking lot full of them to negotiate - not at least until all the existing orders for MME are supplied to customers.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/official-list-no-adm-mach-e-ford-dealers.95/

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My dealer accepts x plan.
As does mine with no ADM, but all should get that in writing as it's no fun having to change dealers at the last minute. Also from what I can tell or have seen so far with the MME it will be following the same price for all. Ford appears to be following the footsteps of Tesla with the same sales model. MSRP is what you are going to pay minus any rebates or discounts that can be applied outside of the MSRP during signing which for many is just prior to delivery. So the X plan is one of them and there are already a few threads on this, so I will not gum up this thread talking about it. I am using the XPLAN from my MCA membership (also in thread), that will get me about $750 off plus the quarterly local incentive, which is starting to look like Q1 2021 for me. My MME build is in progress, but as we all know a 2020 delivery will be a long shot for anyone due to shipping constraints and the original OKTB hold up.

One note, Ford could change the MSRP model at anytime. I am going to go out on a limb and assume the first year and into the second will at least follow the same sales model.

Tangent following :)

I never liked MSRP pricing as it's bias to how well one can or can't negotiate. While I am great at it I feel bad for others who are not. Thanks to the internet it's so much easier and all of my last purchases have been with the XPLAN which takes most of the guess work out of it. Just have to watch the dealer add-on's like window etching for ~$450 etc.

Last edited:

cassmoney0523

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo S90, 2018 MB GLC300
Occupation
physician
Country flag
just additional things to consider
- incentives will change rather frequently (sometimes monthly)
- federal tax will likely still be there, but there is no guarantee

in my humble opinion, I wanted the GT. I ordered a premium. I will wait until I have the premium for a few years and decide if I like the concept. If I do still like it, take another look at the EV landscape. By then the MME 2024 will be out and if choose a MME again, it will be improved, kinks ironed, tested on mass scale, perfected... get the 2024 MME GT.
Sponsored