David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered Mach e FE, but ETA is anyone's guess
Occupation
retired engineer
Country flag
Is there a typo in Dealers' Training package? On pg 6 Models and pg 11, Power & Range, the RWD graphics show a coloured motor in the front too. Is that correct?
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yeah, they must have been making an update overnight to the website. You could see all the colors at once which was kind of neat.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mustang Mach-E Info From Dealers Training Screenshot_20200730-233530~2

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Is there a typo in Dealers' Training package? On pg 6 Models and pg 11, Power & Range, the RWD graphics show a coloured motor in the front too. Is that correct?
They don't. Pg 6 just shows generic chassis pictures and doesn't really highlight the motors.

Pg 11 shows the front motor in pink/purple for AWD models:
AWD with pink/purple motor:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mustang Mach-E Info From Dealers Training Annotation 2020-07-31 110441

RWD with no front motor:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mustang Mach-E Info From Dealers Training Annotation 2020-07-31 110501

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
An actual knowledgeable and interested dealer? STUNNED.

BUT . . . he is confused about "leasing" and Un Brid eld Mode. :)
I picked up on the lease info. I wish Ford would just put the Fed Tax Credit towards the price of the car. I think they are worried they end up with a bunch of Mach e's after three years not worth the buyout price. Has happened for other EVs.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Pages 6 & 11 are battery pages. Those colored items are part of the battery system, probably battery management equipment. They are sitting on top of the motors pictured on p.14.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Great video summarizing a lot of what we know. It honestly makes me super excited and almost second guessing waiting on a GT (I am impatient). It makes me excited for the future of automobiles!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That’s interesting because the Ford training documents say the FCTP units won’t start being built until mid-November.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mustang Mach-E Info From Dealers Training Annotation 2020-07-31 110501
I went ahead and sent that page to my dealer as an FYI. He said they just got that info from Ford this morning. They too were expecting 2 FCTP demo units in Sept. That must have been the original plan, but is presumably out the window now. Maybe some of the priority dealers will get some trickle through sooner, but I'm expecting Dec-Jan now for most.

There are come crumbs in that page that might give us a clue about delivery times. Production starts on them "mid-Nov" and they start shipping from the plant "late-Nov". So maybe a week or two of queuing/prepping for shipping at the plant?

Similar gap between "shipping" and "test drive activation" (i.e. delivery). So probably 2-3 weeks from production completion to delivery to US dealers.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I went ahead and sent that page to my dealer as an FYI. He said they just got that info from Ford this morning. They too were expecting 2 FCTP demo units in Sept. That must have been the original plan, but is presumably out the window now. Maybe some of the priority dealers will get some trickle through sooner, but I'm expecting Dec-Jan now for most.

There are come crumbs in that page that might give us a clue about delivery times. Production starts on them "mid-Nov" and they start shipping from the plant "late-Nov". So maybe a week or two of queuing/prepping for shipping at the plant?

Similar gap between "shipping" and "test drive activation" (i.e. delivery). So probably 2-3 weeks from production completion to delivery to US dealers.
Yep. I spotted those, too. One more: Job #1 October 26 but FCTP production starts Mid-Nov? That's just enough time to produce all the First Editions.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yep. I spotted those, too. One more: Job #1 October 26 but FCTP production starts Mid-Nov? That's just enough time to produce all the First Editions.
That's what I was thinking too. Seems to fit the assumptions we've been working from for estimated # of FEs (US) and weekly production rate.

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
I liked that he mentioned the L3 chargers at Ford dealerships. I don’t have plans to take my MME on long trips but if even small town Ford dealerships setup chargers then that pretty much covers North America....that will change my plans.

I hope they upgrade their coffee though, no weak coffee for me, only Mach-E-autos.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
liked that he mentioned the L3 chargers at Ford dealerships. I don’t have plans to take my MME on long trips but if even small town Ford dealerships setup chargers then that pretty much covers North America....that will change my plans.
His dealership may pop for L3 out front, but I still expect that to be a rare exception. I expect most to be L2 out front, and I also expect many to be controlled access so random people don't just pull up and hog the charger.

I expect they're intended for customers.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
He may be using the phrase "a couple of months" rather loosely
There were a handful of items in his info that were from earlier releases that have since been adjusted. Dealers only found out this week that FCTP demo delivery was delayed from September to December.

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
His dealership may pop for L3 out front, but I still expect that to be a rare exception. I expect most to be L2 out front, and I also expect many to be controlled access so random people don't just pull up and hog the charger.

I expect they're intended for customers.
I assume that electric F-150 owners are going to demand a much larger charging network. Since small town dealer sales are mostly truck sales and if there really is electric demand in those areas, Ford will need to quickly figure out the infrastructure needs. Which means leveraging nationwide dealer locations? Looking at the dealership map, every area is covers except Area 51.

I don’t even Tesla knows the needs of rural electric Truck buyers.
Sponsored