TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Despite any TV ads you see with F-150s in a rural or country setting, the vast majority of these new trucks are in large and medium-sized cities.
I wonder if that stat refers to where the vehicle is purchased or where the owner lives? Could be a significant difference as many rural residents drive to the suburbs to buy.
Sponsored

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
The Ford F-150 is the single most popular truck in America today and the most-popular vehicle in 44 states. It outsold the Ram pickup in 2019 by 78%.

Here are the answers to “who buys Ford pickup trucks?” with demographic information on new F-150 owners.

The average age of the new F-150 buyer is 55. It may not be too surprising that about 16% of new Ford F-150 owners are female/84% male. About three-quarters of all new Ford F-150s are purchased by white males, although Hispanic buyers account for 22% of total incremental growth of new F-150 sales from 2010 to 2017.

Despite any TV ads you see with F-150s in a rural or country setting, the vast majority of these new trucks are in large and medium-sized cities.

The average household income of a new Ford F-150 owner is about $82,000 per year. By comparison the median household income in the United States was $61,372 in 2017.

With better mpg many people drive a F-150 and never or barley use to for hauling or uses you need a truck for. That is why companies have stopped or cut back making cars. The demand for SUV or trucks has went through the roof. You think the company's want more cars? The profit margins on those trucks and suv sales are massive compared to a small car. If ford launches a F-150 with 300 to 400 mile range with a reasonable price, the demand will be unreal.
My wife is driving a Fusion Energi right now and she loves her car. Out of the blue the other day she told me maybe we should get a truck for her - that it would be nice to have a truck. So, even though I also have a Bronco Sport ordered (may not follow through on that one, but the dealer doesn't care as he knows he can sell a FE - I should charge him an ADM) we may wait for the E-F-150.
BTW - dad was a Ford retiree. Loyalty runs deep for who put food on our table as a family.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
My wife is driving a Fusion Energi right now and she loves her car. Out of the blue the other day she told me maybe we should get a truck for her - that it would be nice to have a truck. So, even though I also have a Bronco Sport ordered (may not follow through on that one, but the dealer doesn't care as he knows he can sell a FE - I should charge him an ADM) we may wait for the E-F-150.
BTW - dad was a Ford retiree. Loyalty runs deep for who put food on our table as a family.
Be careful with that. My wife started talking about replacing her aging (as in 2000 model year purchased in 1999) Jeep Wrangler. I figured a new Wrangler or something similar. Maybe just bring the last MY Toyota FJ home from the mainland and be done. Nope .... 2020 Ford Raptor. :)

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
The Ford F-150 is the single most popular truck in America today and the most-popular vehicle in 44 states. It outsold the Ram pickup in 2019 by 78%.

Here are the answers to “who buys Ford pickup trucks?” with demographic information on new F-150 owners.

The average age of the new F-150 buyer is 55. It may not be too surprising that about 16% of new Ford F-150 owners are female/84% male. About three-quarters of all new Ford F-150s are purchased by white males, although Hispanic buyers account for 22% of total incremental growth of new F-150 sales from 2010 to 2017.

The average household income of a new Ford F-150 owner is about $82,000 per year. By comparison the median household income in the United States was $61,372 in 2017.

With better mpg many people drive a F-150 and never or barley use to for hauling or uses you need a truck for. That is why companies have stopped or cut back making cars. The demand for SUV or trucks has went through the roof. You think the company's want more cars? The profit margins on those trucks and suv sales are massive compared to a small car. If ford launches a F-150 with 300 to 400 mile range with a reasonable price, the demand will be unreal.
Every couple years I run across a story saying the most popular vehicles with the wealthiest Americans are the F-150 and Jeep Wrangler. I assume those two are not the only vehicles in their garages but just the most common for recreation or for the kids.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Every couple years I run across a story saying the most popular vehicles with the wealthiest Americans are the F-150 and Jeep Wrangler. I assume those two are not the only vehicles in their garages but just the most common for recreation or for the kids.
F-150 Raptor, 2006 Toyota Tacoma (which does all the truck things you need to do), 2000 Jeep Wrangler, 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser (elsewhere in the USA). I'm not sure about the wealthy part though. ;)

And some of those will go away when then MME arrives.
Sponsored