Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Here it is October and the dealership has yet to install any outdoor level 2 charger. Never stated this dealership would install level 3. One can find 25kW chargers at Chevy dealerships along with Harley Davidson locations.
Sponsored

TheLight75

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
IT
Country flag
True that! I wouldn’t call my Kona EV a speed demon (6.4s 0-60) but it was amazing flooring it when I first got it and feeling the instant torque take off. After that, I was hooked on EV’s. I could never go back to an ICE car.

TheLight75

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Don’t forget, if your commute has any stop & go traffic, you’ll extend your battery due to the braking regeneration. My commute (pre-COVID) was 60 miles each way, every day. With a full battery of about 300 miles in the summer, I’d get about 2 round trips before needing to charge. My rule was once I went below 85-90 miles of range, I’d charge up rather than take any chances.

I drive 30.1 miles, one way to work and 30.1 miles back for my daily round trip being obviously 60.2 miles a day.
With my AWD, 270 mile pack, (or if the wife allows me to save a few grand and just go RWD for 300 miles) both of those packs allow for a lot of daily commuting. Plus, once I arrive at home I will plug in, even if I am just swinging in for a bit before a meeting or something but otherwise, I'll plug in each night, and have a "full tank" for the next day.

Or the other way I look at it, if I *just* do my commute with the Mach-E and not drive it for other errands, I could in theory (if I can keep my foot out of it) I could drive my 60.2 miles a day to work, for 4 days and it would come out to 240.8 miles, with 20-30 some miles "left." So in a way, I could have a full battery on Monday and not have to charge until Thursday when I get home.
Now, that'd not be the wisest to run it that low in case of an emergency and counting on phantom drain, weather, temps etc. I know wouldn't get all 270 or 300 miles but think of it. I could go M, T and W without charging and have plenty of charge for all the extemporaneous miles you put on a car for errands, meetings, kid's practices/picks/drop offs etc. Then charge Wednesday night and go into the weekend before "topping up", having only charged twice in a week for a fraction of the cost of fuel.
So for me, ABC is always be charging when u get home and regardless, you'll typically have more than enough juice to do it all just like an ICE car. And EVs are more efficient around town right? Where as ICEs are worse around town so errand running will be less costly too in the Mach-E, am I thinking correctly?
Good discussion.
Sponsored