Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
Love the comments
First Place: Ford Mustang Mach-E — 85 points
Editor-in-Chief Greg Migliore: The Mustang Mach-E positions Ford to directly fight Tesla with a sophisticated product aimed directly at green car buyers. Putting the Mustang name on a crossover has stirred controversy, but the big picture logic makes sense: Use the strongest name you have and put it on your most critical technology going forward. You're playing your best cards. As far as calling it the Mach-E — that's perfect.
Associate Editor Joel Stocksdale: This is the big car of the show. Impressive range, impressive performance, and good looks. Finally Ford is serious about electric cars.
Managing Editor Greg Rasa: People who just won't shut up about the Mustang name are missing the point. This is the first really mainstream, not-too-outrageously-priced EV to come out of Detroit in the form factor people love — a midsize crossover. It promises better handling and performance than other crossovers, along with ranges and charging times that should ease Americans' fears about EVs. By all rights, this car is a game changer. Is it a Mustang? Who cares.

ford-mustang-mach-e-lead.jpg

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
As to putting the Mach-e in the Mustang line up, it does make things confusing going forward. When you say Mustang people think of the two door coupe, so most people will refer to it as the Mach-e anyway to avoid the confusion and wont even bother to say Mustang at all.

It does allow the Mach-e to wear the pony badge and get the tail lights though.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
As to putting the Mach-e in the Mustang line up, it does make things confusing going forward. When you say Mustang people think of the two door coupe, so most people will refer to it as the Mach-e anyway to avoid the confusion and wont even bother to say Mustang at all.

It does allow the Mach-e to wear the pony badge and get the tail lights though.
That's the way I refer to it as the Mach E

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Same. Mach E sounds cooler than mustang anyway. We're not lumped in with the ratty looking fox bodies rolling around lol.

Giterdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reanault 4
Occupation
It
Country flag
I ordered one of these here in uk. Cant believe all the kerfuffle about its name. Ford are in the business to make money. If they believe adding a horsey badge to the front of the car will help sell more., then do it. It was a factor on me choosing, but the blue badge would have been same for me. I cant get deposit down on lower spec, volvo xc40, polestar 2, tesla y. They are going for first editions only, and now the choices are picking up. So there loss for bad marketing. Kudos to ford.

Luda07

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E and Explorer Sport
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Mustang Mach E: Trim Crossover, Coupe maybe? I’m wondering if that’s how they’ll make the electric coupe mustang.
Sponsored