bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150 Supercrew FX4, 2018 BMW X5, 2020 Mazda 6 GT, reservation for Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
My guess is the 4x will get around 235 mi real world range (376 Wh/mi, 235 Km/mi) @ 70 mph, ran dry with air, based of the current EPA 2 cycle numbers and others performance. Pure guess. Start the guessing now, do it quick we should have some info soon. I think this vehicle will work no problem 99% of the time, down to about -10 F (-23 C), which works for me. Hoping new chargers pop up not the ones we have get congested.

235 x 0.7 / 70 mph = 2 hr 20 min (guess)
I got the 4x because of trips like this. It can make the 200 mile distance between Junction TX and Stockton TX. Here's to hoping all of the chargers are working.

1607970833682.png

Advertisement

dbsb3233

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
2013 Escape Titanium, 2021 Mustang Mach-E FE (Red)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2020 Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Sure, it will read speed limit signs, but it won't adjust your speed based on the speed limit unless you have Intelligent Cruse Control turned on. If you just use regular Adaptive Cruise Control, it won't change your set speed based on the speed limit.
Unless I've screwed up a setting somewhere, I have "normal" cruise control, and "adaptive" cruise control on the Explorer. The "intelligent" part, the part that reads the signs, is part of the "adaptive" mode. If I have adaptive on, then the intelligent part is included.

hybrid2bev

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X, 2020 Explorer ST
Country flag
Unless I've screwed up a setting somewhere, I have "normal" cruise control, and "adaptive" cruise control on the Explorer. The "intelligent" part, the part that reads the signs, is part of the "adaptive" mode. If I have adaptive on, then the intelligent part is included.
There’s 3 levels of cruise control in the Explorer.
1. Normal - dumb cruise control
2. Adaptive - will maintain a set spacing time/distance between you and the car in front.
3. Intelligent - is Adaptive plus reading the speed limit signs to automatically change your speed.

You pick which mode you want 1, 2 or 3. You can choose to have adaptive cruise on but not the intelligent speed changes part.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Mach-E FE reserved, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
There’s 3 levels of cruise control in the Explorer.
1. Normal - dumb cruise control
2. Adaptive - will maintain a set spacing time/distance between you and the car in front.
3. Intelligent - is Adaptive plus reading the speed limit signs to automatically change your speed.

You pick which mode you want 1, 2 or 3. You can choose to have adaptive cruise on but not the intelligent speed changes part.
The Mach E has the same. The cruise control modes are set on the Center Display. Whatever mode and parameters you set from the Infotainment Screen.

SWITCHING FROM ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL TO CRUISE CONTROL
  1. Access the vehicle drawer on the touchscreen.
  2. Press CONTROLS.
  3. Press Driver Assistance.
  4. Press Cruise Control.
  5. Press Normal Cruise Control.

Switching Intelligent Mode On and Off
  2. Press SETTINGS.
  4. Press Cruise Control.
  5. Press Speed Sign Recognition.
Adjusting the Set Speed Tolerance
  2. Press SETTINGS.
  4. Press Cruise Control.
  5. Press Adaptive Cruise Control.
    1. Press Speed Sign Recognition.
    2. Press Tolerance.
    3. Use + and - to set the tolerance.
    Note: You cannot set the tolerance more than 19 mph (30 km/h) above or below the recognized speed.

Advertisement

Advertisement