Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
There is an outside sound at low speed but it is independent of the propulsion sounds played inside.
You can hear the pedestrian sounds in these two videos:

Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
that's a fair question and a reasonable one.

I personally don't care about power fold-down seats one tiny bit - manual is just fine for me; it's ultimately more reliable and is faster anyway (I've rented cars with power fold seats and it always feels like it takes approximately forever to me) - but power wheel adjust that was part of the memory settings is a very reasonable request at the current price point, I think.

Part of what skews all of this kind of conversation is that the battery is so much of the cost of the vehicle that it really throws all of the "what should happen at what price point" analysis off.

There's also the unquantifiable value of quality assembly and parts (no rando Home Depot parts or garbage paint application here!) that skews this with respect to comparison with some other possible competitive vehicles.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Here is a video I just found on youtube. Giving the producer credit. It is a very nice driver view without narratives.

Absolutely the best Mach E video I've seen so far...

Few notes:

- stunning beauty - need to think right now, before getting the car, how to preserve that beauty - protective film seems inevitable.

- looking at the interior in this vides (light gray) made me think again if I should change my interior color selection - darn choices :)

- I liked the propulsive sound of the Unbridled mode - yes, a little bit cheesy, but not too bad, sounds like a game :)

- surprisingly noisy (to my ear at least) inside the car- I know it's because of road surface and it's not related to the car, but still, kind of frustrating. On a side note - I think 10-15 more years and the roads conditions will be the major problem (if not already) - that one of the things that surprises my friends from the country I originally from - they always kind of shocked how bad the roads actually are...

- actually felt uncomfortable in a few places of the video - driving 80 mph in 45 mph zone or 60 in 35 zone feels kind of wrong - I know it's a video to show the car in its beauty, but still - if he was fined during the video, that would feel right :)

Swstew

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 4Runner
Occupation
Delivery driver
Country flag
The Feds are offering to reimburse $7,500 of your ‘depreciation’. Compare the expected value to your true cost.
Thats true but losing 30k minus 7500 is still 22500. Teslas seem better that way but no fed credit

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
that's a fair question and a reasonable one.

I personally don't care about power fold-down seats one tiny bit - manual is just fine for me; it's ultimately more reliable and is faster anyway (I've rented cars with power fold seats and it always feels like it takes approximately forever to me) - but power wheel adjust that was part of the memory settings is a very reasonable request at the current price point, I think.

Part of what skews all of this kind of conversation is that the battery is so much of the cost of the vehicle that it really throws all of the "what should happen at what price point" analysis off.

There's also the unquantifiable value of quality assembly and parts (no rando Home Depot parts or garbage paint application here!) that skews this with respect to comparison with some other possible competitive vehicles.
With all due respect I consider these more as gadgets and dont mind the manual options as a trade off for reliability

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Not 100% thrilled with the turn signal sound but that's a very stupid thing to complain about, I fully admit.
My Outlander PHEV has a setting to change the turn signal sound to something more futuristic. I tried it for the first couple of days I had the car, and it started getting annoying. I switched it back to the normal sound and never touched it again.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Excellent overview. Some factual errors but minor. I thought the reviewer was very good about comparing the Y and the ME. Fair and Balanced, unlike Fox News. ?

OP
OP
Electric Fusion

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
What was the timestamp of it? I searched and went to the marked stamp too but didn't see it.
well is not a perfect test .. but at 10:55 he did a pull after he turned at the light.. don’t know if he was WOT all the way but it seems that way .. see if you can timed the video for some estimates ET numbers

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
well is not a perfect test .. but at 10:55 he did a pull after he turned at the light.. don’t know if he was WOT all the way but it seems that way .. see if you can timed the video for some estimates ET numbers
I had checked the video timestamp of two of the takeoffs while watching it. The first from ~24 MPH to 80 was 6 seconds, and the one turning the corner from ~5 to 60 was also 6 seconds (counting from ~5 MPH after turning the corner.

May or may not have been floored, but very impressive regardless. More that fast enough for my needs, that's for sure!

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
this is a very good video.

this and the Alex on Autos video appear to be exactly the same car in exactly the same place, probably part of the media tour in CA?

the overall sound feel of the car is just wonderful. Puts a lot of other cars to shame.

I wish the "click" sound of the volume knob wasn't quite so ... cheap sounding.

Not 100% thrilled with the turn signal sound but that's a very stupid thing to complain about, I fully admit.

lol at the two blatant red light runners at about 5:55.

At about 15:00 a message comes up that later in the video is clear enough to be read as saying that the wireless phone charging has stopped. I am curious if it's because of the phone being full or because it actually moved too much on the pad? ? asking because if it's too finicky (some Qi chargers are for sure) then that might be an issue. Also, the title is "charging terminated" which sounds very drastic... ?

shh ? nobody tell the real popo about the part at 17:30 ??

agree. although I wish an OTA let us update it ?. (I'm sure there's legal issues around that.)
" lol at the two blatant red light runners at about 5:55. "

Los Angeles FTL. (I think it was LA)

First Edition

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E - Failure To Launch Edition
Country flag
I was quite surprised that power adjust not included for steering wheel and fold down back seats, at this price range. Not very smart move for Ford.
I agree regarding the lack of a power adjustable steering column.

I can live without the power fold down rear seats, but the manual steering column is a disappointment, but not totally unexpected for a non-luxury car.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Thats true but losing 30k minus 7500 is still 22500. Teslas seem better that way but no fed credit
That's likely just the math. Depreciation is usually reported as a percentage, and $7500 of depreciation is 7.5% of a $100K car, 15% of a $50K car, etc. etc. Then there are the price cuts. The Model S started the year at $87K and is now $73K. So if the Model S you bought at the beginning of the year lost $20K in depreciation, a whopping 23%, it has only depreciated with reference to current prices by 8%.

But worrying about depreciation on a vehicle is a rather pointless concern. It's like worrying about your house price -- it only matters if you want to sell it. If you hold it for an extended period of time then prices for all vehicles tend to converge and the vehicle likely to lose the most is the most expensive vehicle. If you don't intend to keep the car, lease it using an open end lease (for a Ford that would be Ford Options). That way you can keep it or walk (a closed end lease is really a subscription fee).
Sponsored